News Walt Disney World Holiday Events 2023

jpeden

In the Parks
No
That was one of the ways I read that WDWMagic comment.

Only reason I could see “two camps” would be a hard ticket event at DHS. Especially if they’re locking regular park holiday entertainment behind that paywall.

If it is so, and it takes pressure off MVMCP I’m all for it.

The question is are they willing to roll the dice and see if people will pay for both or will they choose one or the other? Because I’d be willing to bet most families aren’t going to spring for two hard ticket events - they would choose one and it would just eat into revenue from MVMCP.

MagicHappens1971

If it is so, and it takes pressure off MVMCP I’m all for it.

The question is are they willing to roll the dice and see if people will pay for both or will they choose one or the other? Because I’d be willing to bet most families aren’t going to spring for two hard ticket events - they would choose one and it would just eat into revenue from MVMCP.
This was another thought I had. Especially for people who have done MVMCP before, like myself, I would choose something new @ DHS before I would pay for MVMCP again.

I’m trying to come up with other things that would create “two camps”. I wonder if they would take the “Disneyland Nites” approach and go heavier on characters and such and create a different caliber of event than MVMCP. But it’s the same idea.

A crazier thought is that they would “move” MVMCP to DHS, and bring some more regular Christmas entertainment to MK in an effort to increase attendance.

I guess we’ll just have to wait a few more days to see

TTA94

Honestly I think a new hard ticket event should go to Epcot. Lots of potential there, of course that would require additional holiday experiences.

But I agree this is probably going to be some sort of special event for DHS. But unless their is going to be something included that will draw guests there, most guests will still choose MVMCP.

HauntedMansionFLA

This was another thought I had. Especially for people who have done MVMCP before, like myself, I would choose something new @ DHS before I would pay for MVMCP again.

I’m trying to come up with other things that would create “two camps”. I wonder if they would take the “Disneyland Nites” approach and go heavier on characters and such and create a different caliber of event than MVMCP. But it’s the same idea.

A crazier thought is that they would “move” MVMCP to DHS, and bring some more regular Christmas entertainment to MK in an effort to increase attendance.

I guess we’ll just have to wait a few more days to see
Interesting thought. They would have to cut back on the parade that’s performed at the MVMCP since DHS parade route isn’t as long as the MK route.

TTA94

If “two camps” meant some will be happy and some will not, I can think of two entertainment offerings for DHS that would create divided opinions, one is not holiday related though.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
IMHO anything other than Mvmcp would be welcome, especially if it has alcohol. Theres only so much Sugar cookies and Hot Chocolate one can stomach.

MagicHappens1971

I was bored and made this. Kinda quick so it looks a little rough, but something to think about.
DHS Event Guide.jpeg

MagicHappens1971

I don't know what the heck a winter version of Fantasmic would entail, but if this actually existed I would be compelled to pay for this solely for that.
I don't either lol but just added it on there. They could rework Fantasmic into a version of A Christmas Carol where Mickey goes through the past, present and future, sprinkling in some other characters like Mulan, Ariel, etc as people in those time frames that affected his life.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The WDW image has the ToT on it.

So... an additional vignette on the ToT? Or a new projection show altogether?

A Christmas overlay in ToT itself?

TTA94

I don't know what the heck a winter version of Fantasmic would entail, but if this actually existed I would be compelled to pay for this solely for that.

A holiday version of F! is what I was thinking of that would create “two camps” some would hate the idea and some would like the idea.

Of course it wouldn’t necessarily need to be a holiday version of F! But a different show in that area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom