Walt Disney World Explorer

WDWspider

Re: Continuing off topic...

Originally posted by RandeB
The members of my family who visited AK last Friday who DON'T visit Disney websites actually enjoyed Dino-rama land. One thought it was the best themed area in all the parks! I was pleasantly surprised myself, I was expecting so much worse after my Disney site-readings. There was something for everyone in our group ranging in age from 5 to 60s.

Well, I never said it wasn't fun, I said I didn't like it, and that it is not what AK needs at this point, nor is it a Disney level of addition. If you come back in four years and get the same reaction then you may have something. Most everyone in the general public loves a new addition... it's just nothing special... two copy rides and a bunch of very non-traditional (Disneywise) skill games are not what we should accept from Disney. If we lower our expectations that far then why should Disney make Mission Space or Splash Mountain, just theme a Pirate Ship ride to Captain Hooks boat, or make a Carnival Bobsled ride have an AA Yeti attached. I also agree it breaks the overall serious look of the Animal Kingdom and even the Dino Institute just around the way (regardless of storyline behind Dino-land).

OK sorry for the thread shift, I will not continue... :D

WDWFREAK53

Re: Re: Continuing off topic...

Originally posted by spider-man
Well, I never said it wasn't fun, I said I didn't like it, and that it is not what AK needs at this point, nor is it a Disney level of addition. If you come back in four years and get the same reaction then you may have something. Most everyone in the general public loves a new addition... it's just nothing special... two copy rides and a bunch of very non-traditional (Disneywise) skill games are not what we should accept from Disney. If we lower our expectations that far then why should Disney make Mission Space or Splash Mountain, just theme a Pirate Ship ride to Captain Hooks boat, or make a Carnival Bobsled ride have an AA Yeti attached. I also agree it breaks the overall serious look of the Animal Kingdom and even the Dino Institute just around the way (regardless of storyline behind Dino-land).

OK sorry for the thread shift, I will not continue... :D

I couldn't have worded it better! :sohappy:

RandeB

Re: Re: Continuing off topic...

Originally posted by spider-man
Most everyone in the general public loves a new addition... it's just nothing special...

Actually, the ones that liked it the most hadn't ever been to Animal Kingdom, or Studios, or EPCOT for the most part. So it was ALL new to them. As much as everyone despises hub and spoke rides, the small kids do love them and having them nearby gave them something to do while most of the adults did "Dinosaur".

I just thought you all might be interested in the reaction of 'the general public.'

wannabeBelle

Hi Rande I ordered mine on 10/5/02. I should be getting mine soon I suppose Ill give it a few more weeks and see what happens.
As far as the AK, I really do enjoy a lot of Dinoland. I REALLY enjoy Tarzan Rocks and Primeval Whirl. Just my humble opinion. Belle

I have to agree that Dino-Rama is more like Dino-Dud! This place really destroyed the tranquil and serene atmosphere and scenery that was so becoming of Animal Kingdom. Now we have to deal with a carnie show in the middle of a Disney theme park! :hurl: :hurl: :hurl:

RandeB

Dinorama

The good thing about this area, I suppose, is that it is NOT in the middle of the park, but at the end of the road, so to speak, so that those who do not enjoy it don't really have to ever visit again. I'm not the biggest Toontown fan so there's an area I also don't have to visit as it is kind of out of the way.

d0peychik

has anyone ordered these games from that catalyst link on the third page of this thread? my bf ordered it for me for xmas and we still havent received and he email them 4 times to find out whats going on and hasnt heard a word

just wondering if anyone else has a problem

wannabeBelle

the vast majority of us actually had problems. If he ordered via credit card he can get his money back and the credit card company in question will do its own investigation. Look back over this thread and you will see what I mean!! Belle

DisneyBob

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
the vast majority of us actually had problems. If he ordered via credit card he can get his money back and the credit card company in question will do its own investigation. Look back over this thread and you will see what I mean!! Belle

What game?:hammer:

catalystwares

FINALLY FIXED

For all of you who had patience with us when ordering the WDW 2nd Edition THANK YOU!!! Disney quit printing the software and neglected to tell us vendors. We now have about 2000 of them in stock, and it is the last of them. We got in a ton of Disney software, including the 1st and 2nd Editions of the WDW Explorer. I'm TRULY very sorry for those of you that had to wait around last Xmas. I assure you, the vendor has been kissing my behind ever since....since it was his fault after all. If you need ANYthing in the future, let me know and I, as the owner of Catalyst Wares will handle it personally. My email address is molly@catalystwares.com

thanks a bunch to everyone, and again I am sorry for those of you that had to wait....I didn't miss anyone did I?

Molly Wohlgemuth
Catalyst Wares
http://www.catalystwares.com/

catalystwares

This was when the company was not owned by myself, I've been trying to update theBBB web information. All complaints have been taken care of to my knowledge since I have taken over the company completely. They even have the wrong address and phone number. Alot of people on this board have ordered from us, even as recently as today, and all orders are being taken care of on a daily basis now. As stated in a post from last November, we had a problem with the Disney vendor, that caused us alot of trouble. If you don't wish to order from us, that's your choice, I was just thanking the people that had, and letting you know I'm still around....that's why I offered my personal email instead of the more "impersonal" generic info email for the company, you never know who will answer that one. I'm not on here to advertise only, I'm a WDW fan as well!

Molly

wannabeBelle

That may be true but I had e mailed you directly thru the boards when I was experiencing the problems mentioned. No one had gotten back to me. THAT was the part that I was uncomfortable with. I absolutely did get the product I had ordered, but I doubt I would do business with your company again. Sorry. Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom