Walt Disney World Explorer

emmagata

Originally posted by DisneyBound
Has anyone else received their order from Catalyst Wares? Molly told me a week ago that it was being sent that day. I paid for priority shipping so it should have been here by now. Im hoping that it was just sent regular mail instead, which would explain why its not here yet. I have emailed her a couple times since, but never received a response. Im faxing her today but I was not happy with what I read about the company at the Austin BBB. I really hate to contact the police about this but it may prevent someone else from getting taken. Im still hoping it will come so its not necessary. :(

I was told the same thing and never received a reply to either of my emails. I did get a quick response to a PM one evening but that's the last I've heard anything.

As of yesterday, I haven't received my copy yet either.

We leave in 37 days and was hoping to have it before then (WELL before then).

I checked the Austin BBB web site and it appears (as from other messages posted here) that they aren't responsive to customer concerns.

I'm not sure if I want it now and may be calling my CC company to have the charges reversed.

emmagata

I'm still waiting.

Anyone else?

I'm sending them a request to cancel my order.

I have the 1st edtion and have only looked at a few times. I don't think I'll look at the 2nd edition as much either.

wannabeBelle

I would still like the dumb thing, but all the hassle from Catalyst Wares is not a cool thing. Either they can fill the order or not. I think it is pretty simple. As I said if my credit card does get charged and I dont get it, there is going to be a problem. Belle

emmagata

Your card wasn't charged?

I think mine was. I'll have to double check.

I sent them an email (it's either that or a FAX) to cancel my order and refund all charges.

I sent that tonight.

Hopefully they'll respond promptly but I'm not holding my breath as they never answered my two previous emails.

wannabeBelle

no my card so far wasnt charged. If yours was, you can contact your credit card company as I said earlier and they will reverse the charge so dont worry on that side of things. Belle

RandeB

Finally

Just a note to let you know my order from Catalyst finally arrived a couple months later. They do arrive eventually, apparently. I'm guessing the postings here created more demand than supply on hand.

A short apology for the delay would have been nice.

emmagata

That would be nice. The copyright date is 1998 on the 2nd edition so I think it might be time for a new one.

BTW, WDWFREAK53, I see from your sig that you'll be there the same time we will!!

We're leaving the 6th and returning the 16th

Nine glorious days!!!

WDWspider

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
I have the second edition but does anybody know if there will be a 3rd edition?

Is there really enough to warrent a third edition....

Aladdin, Dino-rama, JII w/F, the new parades, and the Sorceror's Hat.

I think they should just sell upgrade editions for $15 or $20 bucks.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by spider-man
Is there really enough to warrent a third edition....

Aladdin, Dino-rama, JII w/F, the new parades, and the Sorceror's Hat.

I think they should just sell upgrade editions for $15 or $20 bucks.

Good point...and I'm all set with DinoRama...
Primeval Whirl is not that fun...it could be fun if you had the right theming...and it was dark...but...I was disappointed (not that I thought much about it in the first place)

WDWspider

I agree with you, after seeing Dino-rama in prson my optimizism went up, but then I rode the rides there. Woo Hoo :rolleyes: I can have this much fun at the Putt Putt's at the Beach. Yes it is cleaner and a little more themed, but boy is this a major dulls-ville addition to a park. Even the Aladdin thing is more interesting. The Whirl is only mildly fun but I've seen the exact same rides everywhere (and yes, some do spin). I do think in the dark would be more effective, with black lights and all. This was not what AK needs right now, they really need a strong ride to pull guests and more options (like Dino-rama) to eat time and keep them there. But if there aren't enough strong rides, then why waste your time on Dino-rama in the future. At least this is a real sign that coasters will be built in AK, now where are the big and good ones.

RandeB

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
When did you order yours Rande? Belle

I ordered 3 copies back on October 10th. They arrived yesterday November 14th , 3 days after our return from the Happiest Place on the East Coast. I thought of giving one to my kid before our trip last weekend, but instead it will have to be a Christmas present. (Shh!)

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by RandeB
I ordered 3 copies back on October 10th. They arrived yesterday November 14th , 3 days after our return from the Happiest Place on the East Coast. I thought of giving one to my kid before our trip last weekend, but instead it will have to be a Christmas present. (Shh!)

I'm telling I'm telling I'm telling :) jk

I, at one time, felt that the AK was the best themed park in all of WDW...Nowhere in that park did I feel that they "clashed" with their themes...(MK has too many themes but still works well, and Epcot has 2 completely DIFFERENT themes but still works well...and MGM...well, was never really a fan of the overall theme anyways) AK always has you feeling like you are in Africa or in Asia or just in the lush jungles or a real archeological digsite. But, DinoRama completely blew it for me...You walk through the gates of DinoLand USA and you see big bright things...Yellows, blues, greens, reds, pinks...it just doesn't flow with ANYTHING else in that park...

Sorry, I'll get off of my soapbox now

RandeB

Continuing off topic...

The members of my family who visited AK last Friday who DON'T visit Disney websites actually enjoyed Dino-rama land. One thought it was the best themed area in all the parks! I was pleasantly surprised myself, I was expecting so much worse after my Disney site-readings. There was something for everyone in our group ranging in age from 5 to 60s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom