Walt Disney World Explorer

ACE

Is one version better than the other? Do they cover different stuff or the same stuff? Basically, should I buy version one? I ordered version two as you already know.

Thanks,
:wave: ACE

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
The second Edition is better since it has more information on it and has everything that was updated up until the AK. It does not really tell you much about it. (AK) If you want the first edition, just to have it, that's fine. But the second it better.

Pam

ACE

Thanks, Pam.

I won't spend the money for the first one. I'll save it for WDW in 94 days.:sohappy:

:wave: ACE

Samwayla

Also the first one has Dream Flight on it and the second one came out when they were changing it to Buzz Lightyear. I have both copies. I can't remember if there is anything else on the first that isn't on the second one.

DisneyCP2000

I got it today! Woohoo! There's a lot of info on this CD, and if I don't know when I'll ever finish seeing it all. This is sure one great source for disney facts. The one thing that i don't like about it is that It's a Small world being played over and over and over and over again. Don't get me wrong, I love IASM but to have it played that much kinda irks me. :lol: Otherwise no other complaints. This is a great CD, and I know it's gonna help me out with my disney withdrawals! :lol: :D

DisneyCP2000

10! Yeow, I've had a time just finding one! It'll be a while, but I'll find em...somehow... :lol:

PS: I picked up a 2nd edition from ebay for $20 or so. Well worth it, great for a Disney fix! :king:

RobFL

Account Suspended
Think of what qualifies as a Disney "classic."

The Mickeys are only hidden in the final image which is shown on the main page for any topic. Like, the photo that is visible after the voiceover. (Atleast the 10 I hunted down were.)

Also, think about what Disney is trying to "showcase" in this CD-ROM, like what do they put emphasis on... That'll lead you to most of them.

Think Disney! I put my mind to it and found them all by process of elimination and logical placement.

-Rob

Samwayla

Hey,
Have you guys found the un-clickable hidden mickey that is supposed to be clickable? Well it's in 2nd Edition and when you click on the Animal Kingdom section they are showing different pictures of AK and anyways a picture comes up showing a model of the tree of life and there is a clickable hidden mickey there but before you can click it the picture changes and you can't click on it. So it's unclickable. That made me so mad. I wanted to click it. J/K, but it's obviously an error they made when they made the 2nd edition. Just thought I'd point it out.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
I'm so happy that you recieved your CD! I love what comes up after you find the 10 hidden Mickey's. It brings tears to my eyes....

Pam

tenchu

Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant
I'm so happy that you recieved your CD! I love what comes up after you find the 10 hidden Mickey's. It brings tears to my eyes....

Pam

Don't tell us! :lol:

:wave:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant

Pam

I found 2 this morn...then windows crashed....lol :hammer: I will try again tonight.

Main Street USA

I'll tell you what would be sweeeeeeeeet. I think they should have a seperate CD ROM for each of the 4 main parks. Each park would be like an interactive visit.

For example:

You would be able to virtually visit the MK. You would first have to park, then pick either the ferry or the monorail to get to the gate, then maybe buy tickets....etc. etc. etc.

At each point there would be choices on what you could do next, like maybe you already have tickets, so you could move on through the gate. Then you could visit the shops if you want, or continue on to a different section of the park where you could ride an attraction virtually through video.

My god, even talking about it makes me wanna ________ my pants!!!:D

DisneyKrazed

Couldn't you make something similar using flash or shockwave? Go from place to place getting intresting facts and rides from each area. Im sure it could be done.

Katherine

That would be sooooo awesome! I wish someone would make that! I would buy it, I would love going through the parks (without the plane or car ride) It would be sooo cool!:wave:

DisneyKrazed

Originally posted by Katherine
That would be sooooo awesome! I wish someone would make that! I would buy it, I would love going through the parks (without the plane or car ride) It would be sooo cool!:wave:

I don't know, I love leaving the airport and going down I-95 and seeing the Disney signs. Oh well a computer game isn't the same as the real thing. Does anyone know if it would be possable to do something like this with flash or shockwave?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom