News Walt Disney World and other major Disney accounts stop posting on social media platform X

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I don’t love Disney as much as I did a couple years ago either. The company has made some poor decisions and their product quality has worsened. I am definitely happy with the decisions Iger is making though and I can see 2024 being a transformational year for the company.

With that said, the Axios poll seems far more volatile than one would expect. I’m also very surprised by the rankings. For instance, in 2020 The Clorox Company had the best reputation according to them. I didn’t know Clorox even had a reputation. Look at how drastic the change in ranking is on this poll.

Please take a look. Don’t you find the results odd?

View attachment 757060
Clorox in 2020 because of Covid. We were disinfecting everything with their products.

Stripes

Premium Member
I imagine because of the pandemic.
I mean I see the correlation there, but the company has the best reputation in America because they make disinfecting wipes? I don’t understand it.

I’m not suggesting the data is fudged, but the methodology is not one I place a lot of faith in.

LittleBuford

I mean I see the correlation there, but the company has the best reputation in America because they make disinfecting wipes? I don’t understand it.

I’m not suggesting the data is fudged, but the methodology is not one I place a lot of faith in.
I too am a bit puzzled by some of the rankings. Patagonia in particular is a really weird No. 1 in my eyes!

Trauma

Look as a conservative I can’t even explain it.

There was just this Netflix show. I think it was called Fall of House Usher.

I really enjoyed it. Binge watched the whole thing.

I’m pretty sure it had many ethnicities sexual identities all sorts of stuff going on.

I didn’t sense any pandering or messaging.

Everything made sense in the context of the story.

( Well as much as such a crazy story can make sense )

I can’t put it into words but something about the way Disney goes about things seems forced.

It’s just off and I wish I could articulate it.

Disney Analyst

I also believe the impacts of Covid, the shutdown of theatres, delay of films, and impact on the box office is manipulating the perspective we have of how the Disney brand is actually doing. In my mind, there have certainly been a few films that have not interested me, and or were clearly not Disney's best.

But how many films since 2019 can we say were a TRUE creative miss for Disney?

LittleBuford

Look as a conservative I can’t even explain it.

There was just this Netflix show. I think it was called Fall of House Usher.

I really enjoyed it. Binge watched the whole thing.

I’m pretty sure it had many ethnicities sexual identities all sorts of stuff going on.

I didn’t sense any pandering or messaging.

Everything made sense in the context of the story.

( Well as much as such a crazy story can make sense )

I can’t put it into words but something about the way Disney goes about things seems forced.

Have you actually watched the content that seems forced to you, or is it just a feeling you have about it?

The Fall of the House of Usher was was indeed a very good show. I'm surprised you didn't object to the reference to a certain former president having made a literal deal with the devil!

Trauma

Have you actually watched the content that seems forced to you, or is it just a feeling you have about it?

The Fall of the House of Usher was was indeed a very good show. I'm surprised you didn't object to the reference to a certain former president having made a literal deal with the devil!
Not at all. The whole show was excellent.

It’s ok make fun of president.

I was watching the content.

I won’t tell you what movie was my breaking point because I don’t feel like being interrogated.

Now I don’t watch anything. I reserve the right to change that stance in the future.

Figment1984

Just to go back to the "Cancel Hulu" and "Cancel Disney Plus" graph on Google trends for a second - if you zoom into the graph they spiked a week before the Musk interview, during the Black Friday promotion where they were selling new subscriptions for 99c.

So... people were searching for how to cancel their subscription just to immediately re-subscribe. Sensationalism at its finest

Screen Shot 2023-12-01 at 6.50.57 PM.png

lazyboy97o

How many people can name a 3M product that isn’t Scotch Tape?

Stripes

Premium Member
Just to go back to the "Cancel Hulu" and "Cancel Disney Plus" graph on Google trends for a second - if you zoom into the graph they spiked a week before the Musk interview, during the Black Friday promotion where they were selling new subscriptions for 99c.

So... people were searching for how to cancel their subscription just to immediately re-subscribe. Sensationalism at its finest

View attachment 757062
I saw that Elon replied “Interesting” to a tweet that posted this graph. The tweet implied people were canceling Disney Plus subscriptions. Only problem is that the searches actually peaked the day before Musk’s comments at 1:00am in the morning. I think that should give someone an idea as to how little effect Elon’s comments are having. Twitter is not real life.

IMG_0553.jpeg

Also, for context, here’s “Cancel Disney Plus” next to searches for “Disney Plus.”
IMG_0554.jpeg

adam.adbe

You just did.

Too many recent Disney movies feel like they are focus-grouped to the point of blandness to ensure they don't cause offense, don't have an agenda beyond inclusiveness[1], but do create maximal branding opportunities. As such, they're dull as dishwater and the plots feel design by committee.

Compare Tangled, Moana, and Frozen, all of which were pretty solidly unoffensive to the modern roster, an the main difference is those older movies are basically fun.

[1] which is not, and should not be a dirty word

JD80

Hand is right. I don't think it has to do with inclusivity. I think it has to do with making boring content.

adam.adbe

I saw that Elon replied “Interesting” to a tweet that posted this graph. The tweet implied people were canceling Disney Plus subscriptions. Only problem is that the searches actually peaked the day before Musk’s comments at 1:00am in the morning. I think that should give someone an idea as to how little effect Elon’s comments are having. Twitter is not real life.

Yeah, we canceled D+ last month as we were coming round for the yearly renewal[1] and about two weeks later resubbed through Verizon. A lot of people were playing the D+/Hulu with Ads BF combo though.

[1] I suspect there's still a decent chunk of people on that particular cycle, as the original three year early adopter deal was November time, then last year you could just slide in under the pending price hike.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom