News Walt Disney World Adds Water Park Perk for 2025 Resort Guests

fgmnt

I hope they don’t require you to be checked in first or else you might get an hour or two tops at the water park given how long it takes them to flip a room.
I *think* it should be as easy as the vacation reservation holder getting x number of day tickets dropped on their phone the day the cancellation window closes. Maybe Disney wants you to go through a hoop to activate them so they can predict demand, and they probably will give out hard cards if you go to your hotel desk at check in or bring your reservation number to a TL/BB ticket window, but it should be within the realm of possibility to let guests assign the tickets themselves before they get on property.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I considering adding water parks to our AP next year so it'll save us +$400. We usually do split stays so it'll be great having choice to go up to twice per trip.

Last edited:

pdude81

Huh?

Not following you here
Dining reservation window is per resort now and not just length of stay (no more "dining fix" since Covid). So in this instance we likely get the benefit of a free water park day in the middle of the vacation with a split stay. In addition to the true arrival day if that even works out.

pigglewiggle

I think the G+ changes are for this year.

In a post in May 2023, Disney said, "We have heard from guests that they would like ways to plan with Disney Genie+ service and individual Lightning Lane selections before the day of their park visit, and we want you to know we are working on ways guests may do this for visits in 2024. Our goal is to give you the opportunity to spend less time planning in the park and more time enjoying your visit with friends and family. While we are not yet able to share specific details, we look forward to sharing more information at a later date."

Sorry for another question. Do you know if would this also be for just resort guests or for everyone?
Whatever it is, we will just adapt. Thanks for all the information today.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Dining reservation window is per resort now and not just length of stay (no more "dining fix" since Covid). So in this instance we likely get the benefit of a free water park day in the middle of the vacation with a split stay. In addition to the true arrival day if that even works out.
Oh I getcha there

Fun fact: I have NEVER used the LOS feature for dining…not once…

And you know why? It’s NEVER worked for me…15 year “glitch”…apparently 🤪

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You aren't, from what I can tell.

They really, *really* want to get the G+ changes out there.
It will still suck without more seats

Forever

And if they try to REALLY monetize it…then their attendance will sink into the quicksand faster than you can say “never ending story”

Quite the management skill we got going here in real time, eh?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Sorry for another question. Do you know if would this also be for just resort guests or for everyone?
Whatever it is, we will just adapt. Thanks for all the information today.
There were plans to have different options for different segments of the visitor base. How it ends up actually looking when rolled out remains to be seen.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They really, really don't want to rollback those rack rates, so they have to add value.
I see what they’re doing (though no one will agree until there’s a press release 🙄)

They are trying not to slash tickets and rooms. Because to do so is a signal to the street they have reached their price ceiling

Do they have a price ceiling? Of course they do…we hit it (bonus points for anyone that figures out the signs?)
But someone has done speeches in sun valley for 15 years claiming there is no price ceiling for his IP

Cough…cough.

And before anyone who hates me (deservedly so) writes what I’m saying off? I got this really annoying streak of being right going…so don’t poke the bear 🤪

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom