News Walt Disney World Adds Water Park Perk for 2025 Resort Guests

doctornick

Another interesting thought. How many people use that first day to go shopping at Disney Springs? I wonder if there is any worry from tenants there? Could be most go their last day or two, and this change won't take enough away to matter, but I'd be curious their thoughts as well.

But with the water parks closing relatively early, people could still go to DS in the evening. And I think the characterization of people waiting around the resort until 3 to 4 o'clock until the room is ready probably has some validity and this gives them something to do instead that doesn't cost "extra".

doctornick

There's a difference between checked in and having your room ready.

I think most guests use the online checkin days if not weeks before actually arriving, and the only reason for interacting with a CM is if you're staying club level or have an issue.

Is it "most" guests? I would be surprised. A lot of folks - especially those who go to WDW rarely - might very well prefer direct human connect when checking in.

Edit: I'll also so I personally usually fill out the online stuff ahead of time, but still go up to the desk when I get there. If nothing else, I prefer being able to check out the room location and ask for a change if it isn't what I would prefer.

That being said, if you are going to the resort anyway to drop off luggage, just checking in isn't that much additional time.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But with the water parks closing relatively early, people could still go to DS in the evening. And I think the characterization of people waiting around the resort until 3 to 4 o'clock until the room is ready probably has some validity and this gives them something to do instead that doesn't cost "extra".
One of the casualties of Slaphead killing magical express is it forces people to handle their own bags again after they didn’t have to for a decade +

Chip Chipperson

A useless "perk" for most guests. :rolleyes:
But it's a great perk for people with early flights I to MCO - especially if they're staying at a Value resort. Those pools don't have slides, so free access to a water park on check-in day is nice if they want to go swimming while waiting for their room. It also lets guests save some money if they were considering a park ticket for their arrival day but were getting in a little later and were on the fence about the cost since they'd have less time in the park. Now they've got free water park access instead. And if they have kids who want to go to the water park, they can get that out of the way on Day 1 for no extra cost. I don't get why people are viewing this as a negative. Not every perk is going to appeal to everyone, but they usually appeal to someone.

doctornick

I can't wait until everybody complaining about the 7am wake up has to wake up at early for a whole week before vacation. I'm sure guest satisfaction will rise :p

Everyone is different, but I wouldn't be complaining. I don't care about having to get up early or doing work prior to my vacation. I care about reducing any stress or volatility during my vacation.

doctornick

But it's a great perk for people with early flights I to MCO - especially if they're staying at a Value resort. Those pools don't have slides, so free access to a water park on check-in day is nice if they want to go swimming while waiting for their room. It also lets guests save some money if they were considering a park ticket for their arrival day but were getting in a little later and were on the fence about the cost since they'd have less time in the park. Now they've got free water park access instead. And if they have kids who want to go to the water park, they can get that out of the way on Day 1 for no extra cost. I don't get why people are viewing this as a negative. Not every perk is going to appeal to everyone, but they usually appeal to someone.

Also, many people drive in, so it might just incentivize them to plan to get there earlier in the day on check in - they get something for "free" while Disney gets them into the bubble earlier and potentially spending some money.

PREMiERdrum

One of the casualties of Slaphead killing magical express is it forces people to handle their own bags again after they didn’t have to for a decade +
There is finally enough smoke from the internal survey data that something just might happen. Not necessarily a reboot, but... something.

The bus service was nice enough, but the airline check-in and bag drop was really what made the service great.

And now with the Mears Connect service starting to slow down and spread out compared to launch, there are lots of people who are starting their pricier-than-ever "magical" vacation on the wrong foot. So to speak.

Indy_UK

While this is a “perk” it is an empty “perk” which costs Disney nothing, gives more goodwill to guests and brings in some extra $$$ to the parks quick services.

I can’t see it benefiting too many by the time guests arrive and the parks closing at 5-6pm

When I originally saw this, my initial thought was that they may push checkin to later, so they can in turn cut back on housekeeping staffing, but I can’t see that being the case

They still need to go and bring back magical express and I think they will for when EU opens

Last edited:

Chip Chipperson

Everyone is different, but I wouldn't be complaining. I don't care about having to get up early or doing work prior to my vacation. I care about reducing any stress or volatility during my vacation.
Yeah, I'm up before 7 for work anyway. I'd prefer the option to sleep in at least a little bit on vacation without being penalized for it. Plus, the old FP+ pre-booking was being up early (if not a work day) 1 morning to cover the entire length of the trip, not every day - so even if I had to wake up early, it was 1 day at home instead of every day on vacation.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
While this is a “perk” it is an empty “perk” which costs Disney nothing, gives more goodwill to guests and brings in some extra $$$ to the parks quick services.

I can’t see it benefiting too many by the time guests arrive and the parks closing at 5-6pm

When I originally saw this, my initial thought was that they may push checkin to later, so they can in turn cut back on housekeeping staffing.

They still need to go and bring back magical express and I think they will for when EU opens
They are gonna have to bring express back…
And the only reason they haven’t is to “Save” for when things get really bad with decline and competition

That’s my read

They also have chapek as a built in scapegoat for it…so almost no risk involved

Indy_UK

I’m sure Disneys Magical Express will be back but again not as it was before. I could see Deluxe guests getting it free while Value resort guests have to pay $15 a person.

They’ll drop everyone off to the resorts and they will all be ready for their free water park tickets

IMG_1775.jpeg

Laketravis

And now with the Mears Connect service starting to slow down and spread out compared to launch, there are lots of people who are starting their pricier-than-ever "magical" vacation on the wrong foot. So to speak.

I have no doubt we will soon see an ME 2.0 for a variety of reasons.

aladdin2007

Disney following the SeaWorld strategy - get them in the park with free tickets, charge the heck out of them with in-park spending.
least at Disney you can use cash, in terms of in park spending if one wants,,Seaworld has really turned me off lately.

Last edited:

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
Not useless…but difficult to navigate - for sure
But the more you look at it, it becomes more window dressing than an actual perk. In some ways insulting because the perk potentially sounds so much better than it is to the point it becomes misleading.

You know what would get me to visit WDW more without me jumping through hoops.

Buy X Days Get Y Days Free Tickets if you stay at a WDW Hotel.
Buy 12Months Get 1/2Months Free APs if you stay at a onsite hotel X times a year.

USO seems to have no problem providing useful incentives, why can't Disney?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom