News Walt Disney World Adds Water Park Perk for 2025 Resort Guests

plutofan15

Not useless…but difficult to navigate - for sure
Difficult to navigate? Nah. Maybe for some but certainly not for all. Would have loved this to been available when we visited in December. We always take an early flight - less chances for delays. We were checked in, unpacked and in our room by 11:30am. Didn't have park plans for our arrival day so we grabbed lunch, checked out the gingerbread displays, relaxed and went to Disney Springs for dinner that evening. Instead we could have gone directly to the water park (we rented a car) and spent the afternoon enjoying the park. Will be more of an issue for those without cars but certainly nothing difficult to overcome. Seems good to me.
Granted it is not perfect and is not going to work for everyone but nothing works for everybody. In my opinion it is not a game changing offer that is going to drive large amounts of guests to stay on site but I am certainly not going to complain about a perk that is available. But that is what people do here best.

Last edited:

lentesta

Premium Member
I see what they’re doing (though no one will agree until there’s a press release 🙄)

They are trying not to slash tickets and rooms. Because to do so is a signal to the street they have reached their price ceiling

Do they have a price ceiling? Of course they do…we hit it (bonus points for anyone that figures out the signs?)
But someone has done speeches in sun valley for 15 years claiming there is no price ceiling for his IP

Cough…cough.

And before anyone who hates me (deservedly so) writes what I’m saying off? I got this really annoying streak of being right going…so don’t poke the bear 🤪

Word on Main Street is that WDW hotel bookings are down 10% YOY.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Word on Main Street is that WDW hotel bookings are down 10% YOY.
And back in “my day”….3% triggered quick responses and 5% was catastrophic…but neither of which happened except for one notable exception…

“That’s not that bad…”

Every single percentage point is reducing the amount of people buying everything onsite that feeds the profit engine.

The number behind the scene is shocking

And again…why is this a huge problem?

Hint: this has never happened before

Willmark

And back in “my day”….3% triggered quick responses and 5% was catastrophic…but neither of which happened except for one notable exception…

“That’s not that bad…”

Every single percentage point is reducing the amount of people buying everything onsite that feeds the profit engine.

The number behind the scene is shocking

And again…why is this a huge problem?

Hint: this has never happened before
And they have no one to blame but themselves.

Smiley/OCD

They always say that. They aren’t going to have a perk like this and turn people away. They know only a small subset of guests will get off the plane, head to the resort, and be packed and ready for the water park on arrival day, anyway. Not many go to the airport like
View attachment 770330
No, but you could wear your bathing suit and a pair of sweats over them and not have to change…I know people that have done that…I even think when our kids were small they did that and went right into the pool while we were waiting for our rooms to be ready. We always take the first flight down and the last flight out of Orlando to make the best use of our time there.

Gringrinngghost

No, but you could wear your bathing suit and a pair of sweats over them and not have to change…I know people that have done that…I even think when our kids were small they did that and went right into the pool while we were waiting for our rooms to be ready. We always take the first flight down and the last flight out of Orlando to make the best use of our time there.
Don't use logic here. People want to complain over mundane crap.

plutofan15

They always say that. They aren’t going to have a perk like this and turn people away. They know only a small subset of guests will get off the plane, head to the resort, and be packed and ready for the water park on arrival day, anyway. Not many go to the airport like
No, but it isn't hard to throw a bathing suit and a towel in a backpack to change at the park.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You’re talking about a microscopic number of people with that level of commit for 4 hours at typhoon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom