News Walt Disney World Adds Water Park Perk for 2025 Resort Guests

JohnD

Why wait until 2025? 2024 has barely started.
Because bookings for 2025 resort stays and tickets begins tomorrow. So it appears they're announcing the perk to go along with these bookings.

"If you just can’t wait for your Disney vacation, then get ready: Walt Disney World Resort stays and theme park tickets for 2025 are available to purchase beginning February 27, 2024."

ToTBellHop

"At this time, a park reservation is not required to visit a water park; however, reservation requirements are subject to change."

They always say that. They aren’t going to have a perk like this and turn people away. They know only a small subset of guests will get off the plane, head to the resort, and be packed and ready for the water park on arrival day, anyway. Not many go to the airport like
1708972604836.jpeg

pigglewiggle

Because bookings for 2025 resort stays and tickets begins tomorrow. So it appears they're announcing the perk to go along with these bookings.

"If you just can’t wait for your Disney vacation, then get ready: Walt Disney World Resort stays and theme park tickets for 2025 are available to purchase beginning February 27, 2024."

Oh I didn't realize so early this year.

bmr1591

Interesting it’s only valid on check-in day? Perhaps they believe it will limit (the possible) cannibalization of theme park attendance? Certainly and interesting perk!

A lot of guests arrive and just hang out because they don’t want to buy a park ticket for half a day. This seems like a clear attempt to get them spending money in a park, especially families with young kids.

flyerjab

The "anti" Epic Universe promotions/strategy rolling out sooner than later (smart plan, as Uni starts to promote heavily later this year).

I imagine more "consumer friendly" changes that will still give people a reason to visit WDW when Epic opens will be release over the year.
Definitely counter programming for Epic Universe. I expect a lot more of this since they really don’t have new rides/lands to open (shame on them). Discounts, new promotions and shows (drones, night time shows for DAK and/or DHS). The sort of things that can be put together for next year.

JohnD

Are they still offering direct buses from the values and mods to water parks?
Info on water park bus service. For Blizzard Beach, take bus to AK then transfer to BB bus. All Stars and CSR offer direct service. For Typhoon Lagoon, take bus to DS then transfer to TL bus.

ToTBellHop

They had them going this past week.
Which resort were you at? Contemplating adding a couple days onto our plans for April 2025 and would book one of the hotels with a direct bus to take advantage of this. We are DVC members but the kids are always intrigued by Pop for whatever reason. This might get me to book us there for a couple nights.

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
Good on Disney.

I just hope we don’t see guests with their luggage going through security at the water parks because checkin is at 4 and they rushed over from the airport.

Tony the Tigger

vs. EU:

1. Potentially gives WDW one extra day out of a weekly trip, depriving Uni of that day.

2. Potentially tips the scales to book the room at WDW and travel to Uni rather than the other way around.

3. Potentially encourages a split stay vs. an entire week at Uni. Go to Uni 2 days, WDW waterpark day, finish the week at WDW.

In general: covers the seemingly less available early check-in times at WDW hotels. (Can no longer select early morning arrival times via online check-in.)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom