Walt Disney Imagineering make significant appointment for upcoming Walt Disney World projects

jt04

And now it becomes clearer why Sea World and Uni have the pedal floored. It appears WDW's time is now.

The future is so bright even the blue aliens are wearing shades :cool:

GLaDOS

And now it becomes clearer why Sea World and Uni have the pedal floored. It appears WDW's time is now.

The future is so bright even the blue aliens are wearing shades :cool:

Or you know...they just want to add to their parks.:rolleyes:

How's your tinfoil hat fitting? You've had it so long I'm sure it's starting to rust by now.

Beholder

Obviously I can't predict what any of this means, but I can IMAGINE that it means good things for WDW. I'm hoping for great things to come. Great things indeed.

WDW1974

How does Kathy's new role impact the WDI/TDO/Burbank relationship?

My basic understanding is that TDO acts as a customer who purchases services from WDI. Obviously WDI has always had a team on the ground in Orlando to provide those services.

How will Kathy's presence in Orlando change things? Why is this different/better than her working out of Glendale? (My guess is that this signals a significant organizational change, but I dont want to assume too much)

Basically, she is another level of management. ... Instead of reporting directly to Bruce at WDI or Tom at P&R, Eric and Joe now have to go through her.

Sorta the same thing that happened last year when Meg was given oversight over Anaheim and Paris, basically meaning Georgie and Phillipe now have to go through her ostensibly.

But the fact she is there when the leadership of the company is saying one thing, but doing another is quite telling.

menamechris

I feel optimistic. I wouldn't think this would be necessary unless some big things were going to happen. For the first time in a long time - I am hopeful that Disney will finally right some bad decisions and get back to acting like the world's largest vacation destination.

WDW1974

Obviously I can't predict what any of this means, but I can IMAGINE that it means good things for WDW. I'm hoping for great things to come. Great things indeed.

Great things may be in the future, but I think the biggest thing this signals is CHANGE.

And a fundamental realization that the current status quo was going to, if continued, absolutely start to severely impact WDW Co's business going forward.

Burbank operates under the notion that WDW resorts will be between 85-90% full year round. They haven't been close to that this summer and much of the last few years.

jt04

Great things may be in the future, but I think the biggest thing this signals is CHANGE.

And a fundamental realization that the current status quo was going to, if continued, absolutely start to severely impact WDW Co's business going forward.

Burbank operates under the notion that WDW resorts will be between 85-90% full year round. They haven't been close to that this summer and much of the last few years.

They never intended to stay with the "status quo". Never.

WDW1974

I feel optimistic. I wouldn't think this would be necessary unless some big things were going to happen. For the first time in a long time - I am hopeful that Disney will finally right some bad decisions and get back to acting like the world's largest vacation destination.

Well, that's still up for debate ... there are many cutbacks on the horizon and TDO is expecting the NEW, NEW, NEW, But not really Fantasyland will make people not notice shorter hours, attraction closures, transport cuts, entertainment cuts, dining cuts, EMH cuts etc ... but there's going to be an awful lot of pain before pleasure comes.

Understand WDW is having one of its worst summers in a decade ... and, no, please don't tell me (not you, anyone!) that since you waited two hours for Splash Mountain yesterday that I am crazy and wrong. I'm not.
It's why folks at Disney weren't happy with me yesterday/today ... and I feel terrible about that, truly awful (can you feel the sarcasm tonight?)

menamechris

Understand WDW is having one of its worst summers in a decade ... and, no, please don't tell me (not you, anyone!) that since you waited two hours for Splash Mountain yesterday that I am crazy and wrong. I'm not.
It's why folks at Disney weren't happy with me yesterday/today ... and I feel terrible about that, truly awful (can you feel the sarcasm tonight?)

That probably has more to do with the attractions having more breakdowns on a regular basis than I ever remember.....Just sayin. I have been stuck on Splash Mountain about 3 times in the last year (like to the point of evacuation stuck). Space seems have downtime virtually everyday from what I hear from CM friends.

I think the fact that Test Track is out for the summer - and Soarin's standby is the same as it always has been (60-70 min) speaks volumes.

El Grupo

As much as I like Carsland, I hope it remains exclusive to DCA. It would be nice to see each of the parks have at least one major unique attraction/land.

With that said, I would like to see DHS get an immersive environment with rides equal to or better that what is offered in Carsland.

It appears WDI has plenty of ideas. Its just a matter of Disney approving the budget.

Bullee

I am pretty new to the forums , but love the inside baseball information that a few actually possess on this site. WDW1974 and others , cannot remember them all at this time. How many actually are excited about any new projected announced to date? fantasyland will be cool til you realize its a new dark ride , restaurant, and some meet and greets.

Avatar land (Pandora), come on, the money it would take to do it right, the mediocrity of the movie itself. I just cant see it coming out good. its more like a setup for failure.

I love WDW , been going for 30 years, took my honeymoon there and go 4 times a year. things have fallen off and annual prices have gone way up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom