Walt Disney Imagineering make significant appointment for upcoming Walt Disney World projects

Skyway

How does Kathy's new role impact the WDI/TDO/Burbank relationship?

My basic understanding is that TDO acts as a customer who purchases services from WDI. Obviously WDI has always had a team on the ground in Orlando to provide those services.

How will Kathy's presence in Orlando change things? Why is this different/better than her working out of Glendale? (My guess is that this signals a significant organizational change, but I dont want to assume too much)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

My basic understanding is that TDO acts as a customer who purchases services from WDI. Obviously WDI has always had a team on the ground in Orlando to provide those services.

How will Kathy's presence in Orlando change things? Why is this different/better than her working out of Glendale? (My guess is that this signals a significant organizational change, but I dont want to assume too much)
Hard to tell so far, but at the very least, WDW has another big name Imagineer onsite in Florida. Can't be a bad thing.

aladdin2007

Im thinking the move was made to bring some "quality" back as seen in California. I dont want to assume too much either but I think Staggs (was it Staggs?) made this shift on purpose. And maybe she has a little more sayso over TDO. One can hope anyway. Shes being put here for reasons, and they are fun to speculate and will hopefully bring positive change. Finally a change/shift that is overdue.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

That's my impression from the press release:
Walt Disney Imagineering make significant appointment for upcoming Walt Disney World projects
Aug 08, 2012

Walt Disney Imagineering has just completed an organizational reshuffle which appears to point to some significant activity at Walt Disney World in the near future.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Hard to tell so far, but at the very least, WDW has another big name Imagineer onsite in Florida. Can't be a bad thing.
For a business unit that gets blamed for draconian cost cutting measures almost hourly, bringing another high profile (= high salary) into their budget doesnt make sense unless her talent is going to be put to good use....

todd23

HAs Kathy Mangum been stationed in Orlando before? I know she is interviewed during one of those Travel Channel Disney shows and she talks about The Seas with Nemo and Friends, leading me to believe she has done some work in Orlando in the past.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
For a business unit that gets blamed for draconian cost cutting measures almost hourly, bringing another high profile (= high salary) into their budget doesnt make sense unless her talent is going to be put to good use....
Perhaps TDO has become so anorexic from cost cutting that Doctor Burbank has prescribed some additional fat be added to their diet.

aladdin2007

HAs Kathy Mangum been stationed in Orlando before? I know she is interviewed during one of those Travel Channel Disney shows and she talks about The Seas with Nemo and Friends, leading me to believe she has done some work in Orlando in the past.

Yes she oversaw nemo seas, and the second redo of Imagination. not sure what else she was at the helm of.

coachwnh

As cool as that would be, I hope not. Cars Land should be exclusive to Disney California Adventure.
agreed. as much as i loved being in DL and enjoying carsland this past june, i would love for it to stay there. if they are adding to wdw, make it unique to florida.

El Grupo

Perhaps TDO has become so anorexic from cost cutting that Doctor Burbank has prescribed some additional fat be added to their diet.

Have to wonder if this is the first in several prescribed changes for Orlando from the "Doctor". Nothing more than an opinion, but if the folks in Burbank are potentially acknowledging the issues at WDW, more shuffling could be around the corner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom