News Walt Disney Company plans to spend $17 billion at Walt Disney World over the next ten years

Phicinfan

1. Remember how contract ends have gone prior with “the board”?
2. Who appointed “the board”?
3. Remember the public/investor they were getting last year?

…I’ll see myself out
Different scenario sir. It was majorly stressed he was on a time table and he was to find the next person. That was his goal, oh and fix Disney... so no pressure.

See yourself out though... don't let us stop ya ;)

Drdcm

Glad to see you back doing nothing but starting arguments with everyone under the sun again! It is, after all, what you do best! Now, please continue to enlighten the rest of us with your condescension and ignorance!
Ok I’m going to bite... You seem to be the only person coming in here to complain about others. Maybe act like a mature adult and learn to block/ignore the people you don’t along with? Nobody else on these forums cares about your petty squabbles with specific individuals.

JusticeDisney

I would be one that would still say I’ll believe it when I see it. Just like the Main Street Theater, Mary Poppins attraction and observation deck building at Epcot, Hyperion Wharf, Reflections Resort, etc etc
Yup, there are plenty of things they said would happen that didn’t. And there are many things they said would happen that did.

JusticeDisney

Ok I’m going to bite... You seem to be the only person coming in here to complain about others. Maybe act like a mature adult and learn to block/ignore the people you don’t along with? Nobody else on these forums cares about your petty squabbles with specific individuals.
That rich! Let me see if I have this right. You are publicly complaining about me publicly complaining? Oh, the irony!

Anyway, perhaps you should read the post I was responding to before chiming in. Maybe you would then see that you have directed your response to the wrong person.

And one last thing, you could also follow your own advice and act like a “mature adult and learn to block/ignore” others, as opposed to “biting,” like you just did. Just a thought, but of course it’s totally up to you.

Drdcm

That rich! Let me see if I have this right. You are publicly complaining about me publicly complaining? Oh, the irony!

Anyway, perhaps you should read the post I was responding to before chiming in. Maybe you would then see that you have directed your response to the wrong person.

And one last thing, you could also follow your own advice and act like a “mature adult and learn to block/ignore” others, as opposed to “biting,” like you just did. Just a thought, but of course it’s totally up to you.
And blocked… see it’s super easy lol.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
I went back and looked at domestic parks & resorts capex for the last decade (which includes Disneyland and Disney Cruise Line). I think these are the numbers:
Screenshot from 2023-04-04 09-05-45.png
Feels like WDW should be roughly half of this? DCA in particular has been meaningfully overinvested in vs WDW as best as I can tell over the last decade, and obviously half of that SWGE upspend went out west as well.

Tha Realest

Yup, there are plenty of things they said would happen that didn’t. And there are many things they said would happen that did.
They haven’t brought the Dining Plan or the trams back, and cancelled a bunch of things they announced they were going to do.

$17 billion is a bit juicy number. Spread out over a decade, without any breakdown in terms of where that money is going, is a tell. Heck, Lake Nona’s going to eat up a billion of that alone.

JusticeDisney

They haven’t brought the Dining Plan or the trams back, and cancelled a bunch of things they announced they were going to do.

$17 billion is a bit juicy number. Spread out over a decade, without any breakdown in terms of where that money is going, is a tell. Heck, Lake Nona’s going to eat up a billion of that alone.
All true. And they also did many things they said they were going to do. Let’s hope they stick to what they have said this time.

GimpYancIent

17 Billion, OK, what does it translate to in actual tangible things? If it means more construction walls and scrim then it will mean less reasons to visit the parks until the construction walls and scrim come down with the venues actually functioning.

ToTBellHop

17 Billion, OK, what does it translate to in actual tangible things? If it means more construction walls and scrim then it will mean less reasons to visit the parks until the construction walls and scrim come down with the venues actually functioning.
The impact at MK would be negligible. At DAK…well, no one goes to Dinoland anyway, right? I suspect they would do Moanaland first, so only TriceraTop Spin would be impacted.

MagicHappens1971

17 Billion, OK, what does it translate to in actual tangible things?
As Galaxys Edge cost ~ 1 Billion, we could expect 1-4 new lands/expansions.

Most Likely the MK "Beyond Big Thunder" (whatever that manifests into), and DAK's "Moana/Dinoland retheme" with the possibility of further Zootopia expansion. ~3 Billion depending on what this all becomes

Maybe a few new standalone attractions/rehabs, first to come to mind, Poppins mini-land (~300-500 Million), Figment redo (80-160 Million), Spaceship Earth redo (100-200 Million). Just those three would probably be a little under 1 billion.

Maybe a redo of Animation Courtyard and Star Tours/Indy/Echo Lake area. Anywhere from 100 mil - under 1 billion could be spent on these two projects, depending on the scope. For example, they could completely raze Animation Courtyard and build a new land/new attractions, or they could replace the VotLM show. Another is, they could replace Star Tours, or they can build up that corner of the park.

1-2 New Hotels, an expansion of the Skyliner system, new parades, etc, could be north of 1 Billion.

Right there is ~6 Billion. I think I was even a little conservative with my numbers based on how WDI spends these days.

These are all hypothetical expansions that could happen over ten years as well, and I'm sure the $17 billion figure includes refreshes, and refurbs.
If it means more construction walls and scrim then it will mean less reasons to visit the parks until the construction walls and scrim come down with the venues actually functioning.
Well to start off, you can't build new things without construction walls and scrims. I would argue aside from the mess of Epcot's spine, most recent construction, GE, TSL and Pandora, for example did not have much of an effect on the day-to-day.

Nottamus

Well, Star Wars hotel not doing the best- sooo, right across the lot, build a working Death Star.

“Leave them to me”.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom