News Walt Disney Company plans to spend $17 billion at Walt Disney World over the next ten years

GrumpyFan

I would love to see it, but it's a purely political shot at Desantis to push back against his retaliation and attempting to shutdown RCID.
Essentially he's saying "we have tentative plans to spend a lot of money and create thousands of jobs in your state, but will only do that if you stay out of our way".
So, when they don't spend that much or hire as many as they stated, it will be easy blame him and his policies for the reduced investment. Also, it looks good to the board.

CJR

I think they'll spend $17 billion, just not on as much stuff as some people would like.

Like always, they'll move projects around, push some ahead of others, make changes, cancel some, delay others to the next decade, and most importantly, go over budget on every single one.

ToTBellHop

There is an irony in questioning willingness to spend in the swamps given what has opened in the last 10 years.

I really can’t complain about the amount spent. I may question what was approved, but I can’t claim they spend too little at WDW.

Plus, even if I considered complaining, I’d be reminded that many of my family’s favorite rides have opened since 2013…

Eric Graham

I heard from ABC News that Dwayne The Rock Johnson is doing a live action movie of Moana. Off topic, probably, but I would love to visit the Sea World in Dubai. It looks awesome!!!

Touchdown

i'll believe it when I see it---a lot can happen in 10 yrs
1680623259448.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Different scenario sir. It was majorly stressed he was on a time table and he was to find the next person. That was his goal, oh and fix Disney... so no pressure.

See yourself out though... don't let us stop ya ;)
Hey…I sure hope I’m wrong…they DESPERATELY need new blood. And it ain’t “josh”

But this more than anything is ripe for Healthy skepticism

el_super

These are all hypothetical expansions that could happen over ten years as well, and I'm sure the $17 billion figure includes refreshes, and refurbs.

CapEx can also include just replacing old and aging equipment and repairing old facilities. WDW being 50 years old means a lot of old infrastructure is probably past due for being replaced.

If they are flaunting $17 billion and they don’t announce soon an expansion of the Skyliner that includes stops for Animal Kingdom / AK Lodge then I will absolutely riot.

I would think this has to be high on the list. Replacing bus routes with Skyliners seems like a big win for Disney since they would be eliminating bus driver positions AND removing older busses from the roads.

celluloid

17 billion is a number that does not mean much to the consumer and results. It does not mean they are going into physical attractions and things people will notice.

It can be on hard and or soft digital infastructure.

If they were going to install the NextGen Magic Band tech and software that they did ten years ago, it would be nearly 5 to 6 billion instead of the 3-4 it cost.

In a decade, it is hard to imagine it adds up more to just what should be done, or probably less.

Tha Realest

On another thread there was discussion over a $250-$300 million road works project. Disney’s also committed to building affordable housing. You’d have to believe that is the sort of things included within the $17bn number on top of the annual capital expenditures.

MagicHappens1971

On another thread there was discussion over a $250-$300 million road works project. Disney’s also committed to building affordable housing. You’d have to believe that is the sort of things included within the $17bn number on top of the annual capital expenditures.
Road works projects are paid for by RCID, no?

Indy_UK

I would think this has to be high on the list. Replacing bus routes with Skyliners seems like a big win for Disney since they would be eliminating bus driver positions AND removing older busses from the roads.

Someone will correct me but I’m sure AK Lodge is the only deluxe that only offers buses as an option. Scandal

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It really doesn’t matter if it is or isn’t.

It was a PR move and is effective for that.

I’m gonna go on Main Street in my town this afternoon and announce I plan on building a $40 million dollar entertainment complex in 5 years…
I just don’t have the plans, land or funding set yet.

You see how academically speaking that is just as valid as what Iger said yesterday?

J4546

I think getting a skyliner pathway to disney springs would be a big deal as well. If they could connect the 3 non MK parks and both waterparks and the disney springs with skyliners....that would be chill

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom