Walt Disney Classics Collection presents Dreamfinder with Figment

Status
Not open for further replies.

yensidtlaw1969

Tahu said:
The thread title made me double take a bit. Considering the usage of Dreamfinder in recent collectable merchandise, and now this event for the Big Fig(with DF), it makes me think that the rumors are true and that Dreamfinder is coming back to his people at Epcot.
"I can't believe he's back!"
"My heart explodes with joy *heart 'splodes and person collapses*!"
You get 20 bazillion cupcakes for using my favorite Zim quote.

I'll have them ready by noon tomorrow.

Yensid "I put the fires out."

"You made them worse!"

"Worse, or better?" tlaw1969

tirian

^^ Seriously, I look forward to your posts. They make me laugh...hard.

** wipes sprite off nose **

jedimaster1227

Tahu said:
The thread title made me double take a bit. Considering the usage of Dreamfinder in recent collectable merchandise, and now this event for the Big Fig(with DF), it makes me think that the rumors are true and that Dreamfinder is coming back to his people at Epcot.
"I can't believe he's back!"
"My heart explodes with joy *heart 'splodes and person collapses*!"

We will pray like crazy until the event begins that we see good news come out of this, and hopefully a triumphant return of the Dreamfinder!:D

wannab@dis

dxwwf3 said:
Event admission is $350.00 per person. Packages are limited and are available on a first come, first served basis. Registration for this event will begin on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 at 11 AM ...

Well.... there you go. Something for the Dweebs... cause nobody else is going to pay that kind of money. :lol: They have these types of events all the time, so I'm not sure how much I would read into it.

Oh by the way... I'm not against DF coming back as part of a rehab... I've said it dozens of times, but nobody seems to understand the point. Without a good attraction, DF will not make IMAG a successful rehab. Just like Figment didn't make this last change super popular. My point is simple... the rehab could still flop even with DF around. ;)

jedimaster1227

wannab@dis said:
Oh by the way... I'm not against DF coming back as part of a rehab... I've said it dozens of times, but nobody seems to understand the point. Without a good attraction, DF will not make IMAG a successful rehab. Just like Figment didn't make this last change super popular. My point is simple... the rehab could still flop even with DF around. ;)

We all acknowledge that...Which is why we hope for the best.

Anyways, the Dreamfinder would make a perfect host for the Year of a Million Dreams because his specialty is-in fact, dreams. I could see a tie-in with the character and the promotion and an announcement to go with it in our future...:animwink:

wannab@dis

jedimaster1227 said:
We all acknowledge that...Which is why we hope for the best.

Anyways, the Dreamfinder would make a perfect host for the Year of a Million Dreams because his specialty is-in fact, dreams. I could see a tie-in with the character and the promotion and an announcement to go with it in our future...:animwink:
:eek:

No way... DF is not that well liked to be host of the campaign... in fact, many consider him creepy. You should really get out more! :lol:

NeedABreak

I doubt DF would host the dream come true event but If they brought him back he could be a player in it. He could be the future world east rep for it.

It is interesting that they would be bringing him up since the last imagination pavilian CM I talked to didn't know who I was talking about when I metioned Dream Finder. And that this event is takeing place at then end of the current celebration. You would think that if this were going to be a major rehab (adding him to the current attraction) they would have done it months ago to have it ready for Dream Come True.

jedimaster1227

wannab@dis said:
:eek:

No way... DF is not that well liked to be host of the campaign... in fact, many consider him creepy. You should really get out more! :lol:

Not everyone thought he was as creepy as you did.

I doubt DF would host the dream come true event but If they brought him back he could be a player in it. He could be the future world east rep for it.

It is interesting that they would be bringing him up since the last imagination pavilian CM I talked to didn't know who I was talking about when I metioned Dream Finder. And that this event is takeing place at then end of the current celebration. You would think that if this were going to be a major rehab (adding him to the current attraction) they would have done it months ago to have it ready for Dream Come True.

Just because work hasn't been done, doesn't mean it won't happen. We could get an announcement, saying that it is a way to end off the Year of a Million Dreams with a permanent new location where peoples dreams can come true year-round-At the Imagination pavilion at Epcot with the aid of the Dreamfinder and Figment.

listentotheland

i am all for the return of dreamfinder and figment...."reunited and it feels soooo good...." haha. as much as i love eric idle, he belongs next door in HISTA.

but am i the only one who things figment's horns are too long and narrow? and his face doesnt look correct to me. i dont know if it is the black paint to define his mouth or what, but it just doesnt look right. maybe i am just too judgemental. but last years figure was amazing looking, wish i purchased it when i had the chance. oh well.

dxwwf3

Original Poster
wannab@dis said:
My point is simple... the rehab could still flop even with DF around. ;)

Why are you being so negative? :lol: :sohappy:

Seriously, as jedimaster said we all know that.

dxwwf3

Original Poster
wannab@dis said:
Well.... there you go. Something for the Dweebs... cause nobody else is going to pay that kind of money. :lol:

What's your point? Does everything for the "dweebs" have to be wrong? Does everything in the parks have to cater exclusively to John Doe?

Actually those big figs are VERY popular now and they are quite expensive. And that is where most of that money for the event is going.

wannab@dis

dxwwf3 said:
Why are you being so negative? :lol: :sohappy:

Seriously, as jedimaster said we all know that.
Not being negative... just realistic. I honestly would hate if they did a rehab, including DF, and it failed. I'm sure DF fans everywhere would be upset and would only see it as a failure of WDI instead.

I hope, if it happens, that it's successful. I'd love to see the continued success of the Epcot makeover.

dxwwf3

Original Poster
wannab@dis said:
Not being negative... just realistic. I honestly would hate if they did a rehab, including DF, and it failed. I'm sure DF fans everywhere would be upset and would only see it as a failure of WDI instead.

I hope, if it happens, that it's successful. I'd love to see the continued success of the Epcot makeover.

I was teasing :wave:

wannab@dis

dxwwf3 said:
What's your point? Does everything for the "dweebs" have to be wrong? Does everything in the parks have to cater exclusively to John Doe?

Actually those big figs are VERY popular now and they are quite expensive. And that is where most of that money for the event is going.

Not a thing wrong with it. I've just read here several times that people want something geared more for the fans. This is one such example!

dxwwf3

Original Poster
wannab@dis said:
Not a thing wrong with it. I've just read here several times that people want something geared more for the fans. This is one such example!

Yes, sir! I, personally, am always for nods to the fans.

jedimaster1227

wannab@dis said:

It just seems that you are having your own logic issues here because in all of the other threads, you knock the "Disney Dweebs" (as you called them) for being so into something or dedicated to something. For example:

Originally Posted by wannab@dis
Not quite...

The passionate fans of DF seem to have a problem with reality.

Now you are saying it is alright? Those two statements conflict, and so does your logic. Please explain, kind sir! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom