Walls Now Up for Little Mermaid-Ariel''s Undersea Adventure

sponono88

Very nice, looks like they're about ready to install all the details on the arch facade. Hopefully the upcoming rains won't be too much of a delay for them.

Here's another look at what the arch will feature once complete, with Ariel's sisters and King Triton in the center

Little-Mermaid-Ariels-Undersea-Adventure-Disney-California-Adventure_54913117.jpg

sponono88

New pictures from MintCrocodile's update

1190549504_AisZB-M.jpg

They've begun adding the murals onto the archway

1190551205_CLf2w-M.jpg

1190551774_Pjndf-M.jpg

1190549437_mQBEE-M.jpg

And here's a closer look at the relief murals (from MiceChat's In The Parks update)

IMG_9396.jpg

IMG_9395.jpg

sponono88

(2/24/11) A look at the newly-installed King Triton figure,

1197675994_7HFoK-M.jpg

Also, the remaining relief murals have been installed along the arch

1197675200_zVFoN-M.jpg

1197677535_RB26D-M.jpg

1197676610_cAPca-M.jpg

A new section of the building has been uncovered from the scaffolding

1197671828_n7Y5i-M.jpg

1197672454_9SxcB-M.jpg

1197674668_FeEpo-M.jpg

Source: MintCrocodile

skimbob

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I can hardly wait for the walls to come down and the ride to be open. Good things are happening at DCA.

cheezbat

yeah...but this whole project really seems to be moving along pretty fast. I know when i was there last August it was hardly anything to look at...now look at it!

Too bad the progress doesn't seem to be moving as fast at the Magiic Kingdom.

TP2000

Too bad the progress doesn't seem to be moving as fast at the Magiic Kingdom.

In the WDW Fantasyland thread, Lee stated that Mermaid was slated to open at Magic Kingdom in late 2012. That's over 18 months away, so there's still lots of work to do there.

Mermaid at DCA opens in 90 days, with soft openings coming a few weeks before that probably. I'm actually amazed (and a little concerned) that these DCA buildings that open Memorial Day weekend aren't further along here in late February. Have you seen the condition of the new Paradise Garden restaurants or Goofy's Sky School? Those look like they are 6 or 8 months away from completion, not 3 months. :eek:

But that King Triton figure looks fantastic! The Mermaid building is really coming together, so I guess they'll probably make it. HA!

sponono88

Opening date announced by the Disney Parks Blog today - June 3rd, 2011! They also included a first look at the Ursula AA:

ata031819SMALL.jpg

Grand opening June 3: At Disney California Adventure park, get ready for an all-new voyage with one of Disney’s most beloved characters, Ariel. The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure will invite guests to take a journey under the sea to experience all the fun and adventures in Ariel’s world. From the great songs to state-of-the-art animatronics and special effects, guests will become a part of her world in a way that’s never happened before.

The Little Mermaid attraction is the next big milestone in the expansion of Disney California Adventure park. “World of Color” debuted last year and continues to wow guests every night with magic that combines choreographed fountains, lights, lasers, music, animation and Disney storytelling. And on the horizon, guests can see the awesome Cadillac Mountain range taking shape as the backdrop to the 12-acre Cars Land, which opens in 2012.

Here’s a first look at the vision Walt Disney Imagineers have for Ursula, who will play a big role in The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure.

sponono88

New from the Disney Parks Blog: the clam shells have arrived!

[youtube]XV3PsBf8lKw[/youtube]​

It’s always fun to see the evolution of an attraction. From renderings to construction to opening day – every step is Disney magic at its best. In the past, we couldn’t really take you along for the ride. But now, the Disney Parks Blog gives you a backstage pass. In this video, shot at Disney California Adventure park, we once again take you behind the scenes of The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure. By the way, the idea of a Little Mermaid attraction has been bantered about since the movie opened back in 1989.

Recently, the Mermaid ride vehicles – which look like clam shells – were installed on the attraction at Paradise Pier. There are more than 100 clam shells. Some are green. Some are orange. And some are marigold. They each hold 2-3 people. (The ADA vehicles are “chariots” and they’re styled after carved chariot seats from carousels of the early 20th century.)

This video is from the recent installation. It reminds me of the holidays as one of the clam shells is unwrapped before being installed in the attraction. I am happy to be able to share this behind-the-scenes peek with you as we take the journey from creation, construction and grand opening of this amazing attraction. Enjoy!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-arrived-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

nemofinder22

Original Poster
Ursula Moves In- From the Disney Parks Blog
[youtube]_pi9ZRz_oIs[/youtube]​

The infamous evil sea witch, Ursula, has taken her place inside The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure attraction opening June 3 at Disney California Adventure park. When you’re on the attraction, you can’t miss her. She’s 7 ½ feet tall and 12 feet wide! Of course, the Disney Parks Blog was there to capture this exciting day! Come with us behind-the-scenes as we show you Ursula being installed, and meet some members of the amazing team of Walt Disney Imagineers who brought Ursula to “life.”
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...her-lair-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

Photo's as of March 10, 2011
The Palace of Fine Arts rotunda is now behind scaffolding.
1212282113_e4QQ8-S.jpg

http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/1212282113_e4QQ8-X3.jpg

While the arch as lost the tarps and scaffolding.
1212283439_Vt8Qk-S.jpg

http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/1212283439_Vt8Qk-X3.jpg

A look from the other side near Golden Zephyr
1212299861_wxRKG-S.jpg

http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/1212299861_wxRKG-X3.jpg

Photos by Mintcrocodile- http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/2011/03/last-slow-thursday-for-while.html

Edit-It seems all the tarps have been removed from the building.

Dateline Disneyland Twitter-
http://twitpic.com/48ku7j

Mouseplanet Twitter
http://twitpic.com/48l4f0
http://twitpic.com/48l5dz

Nicole220

Ursula is amazing and very fluid. Can't wait to see her in person!

Saw the outside of the Mermaid building yesterday and it is stunning.

TP2000

Saw the outside of the Mermaid building yesterday and it is stunning.

I saw it uncloaked for the first time Friday evening, and it does look great, much better in person than in pictures. Did you see how that big main archway has about a thousand lights on the ceiling? I also liked the HUGE antique metallic sconces mounted on the exterior walls near the main archway. At night this building will shine like a jewel.

There's mounting hardware visible on the exterior arch, just below the Mermaid carvings. So something else is going to be attached to the exterior there.

Nicole220

I saw it uncloaked for the first time Friday evening, and it does look great, much better in person than in pictures. Did you see how that big main archway has about a thousand lights on the ceiling? I also liked the HUGE antique metallic sconces mounted on the exterior walls near the main archway. At night this building will shine like a jewel.

There's mounting hardware visible on the exterior arch, just below the Mermaid carvings. So something else is going to be attached to the exterior there.
I love all the lights in that archway. It's gonna be shiny!

And I pointed out the mounting hardware but no one knew anything about it. It'll be interesting to see what goes there. Previous artwork doesn't show anything for that area.

sponono88

The building is receiving finishing paint details and other decorations to complete the look

IMG_8263.jpg

IMG_8580.jpg

IMG_8543.jpg

Look closely behind the stained glass and you'll see the new painted murals and chandeliers

IMG_8551.jpg

The shells and wave details have received new paint and highlight colors

IMG_8317.jpg

And lastly, new decorative toppers have been installed

P1014015.jpg

1247304157_KqNnq-M.jpg

1247303136_Fbj2m-M.jpg

1247300234_tqwPQ-M.jpg

Pictures from Dateline Disneyland and MintCrocodile's blog.

nemofinder22

Original Poster
The Disney Parks Blog has a look at the music for the attraction as well as a peek at a few scenes.
[youtube]oymjLVjVHqU[/youtube]

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...the-little-mermaid-ariels-undersea-adventure/
For those who saw “The Little Mermaid” back in 1989, you know the music in the movie was just as magical as a mermaid falling in love with a prince and living happily ever after. Remember “Part of Your World,” “Under the Sea,” “Poor Unfortunate Souls” and “Kiss the Girl”? You’ll hear all these classics throughout the new attraction, The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure, set to open at Disney California Adventure park in June.
More than 20 years ago Alan Menken wrote the movie score that won an Academy Award, and he collaborated with Howard Ashman on the songs. For the attraction, the music needed to be arranged somewhat differently, so well-known musical arranger and orchestrator Danny Troob, who has worked often with Menken, took on the challenge. In this video, we go into the music studio and give you a front row seat in a session with Troob and a 65-piece orchestra, as they recreate the amazing Little Mermaid music we all know and love.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom