Walls in HM Queue

chargerag

If they reroute the queue then wouldn't that open up more room for a gift shop at the end of the ride? I bet TDO would consider that very interactive/next gen.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Hate the thought of losing anything to do with the mansion but interactive graves maybe very interesting :wave:

LoehnWolf

Ok sorry I guess I am too much of a purist, because I HATE this idea, or at least what I have seen and heard of it so far...The graveyard was more than just a handful of mood enhancing props, they were tributes to the people who were responsible for Disney magic and the HM itself..I dont know exactly what they plan on putting back, but I would find it tremendously insulting to the memories of those Imagineers if they werent represented in the new additions..

GizmoDuck

I'm excited for this, bring on NextGen...its coming whether you like it or not so might as well start looking for things to like ;)

And I'm sure WDI/TDO will keep the additions tactful and appropriate knowing the attraction's classic status and obsessive fanbase (well assuming they learned from SSE :hammer:)

mrtoad

I'm excited for this, bring on NextGen...its coming whether you like it or not so might as well start looking for things to like ;)

And I'm sure WDI/TDO will keep the additions tactful and appropriate knowing the attraction's classic status and obsessive fanbase (well assuming they learned from SSE :hammer:)

I am assuming also it will be will done. I was very nervous when they made changes to the HM a couple of years ago but I think everything they did was well done. The only change that I can remember to HM that I did not like was when years and years and years ago they swapped out the tiny skulls that used to jump up from behind gravestones in the graveyard inside the mansion with the slow moving heads that pop up. The skulls were fast and scared the heck out of people (I can remember as a kid hearing people as you were going through the attic screaming when the skulls popped) and the heads that come up now are lame...

NMBC1993

As a huge fan of the Haunted Mansion I am on the fence about this upgrade. If it's anything like the Space Mountain I won't be looking forward to this, not because of the screens but because during the slow times people stop to look at the pretty colors on the screen and block your path to the loading area and there is no way around them. I noticed someone said they are doing this to keep guest's attention but I can't help but wonder why? With the way TDO's motto has gone from magic to money why would they care if people have their faces in their phones? They've already paid for their ticket and there is no merchandise to be sold in the queues (yet:lookaroun). I'm not saying this can't be a great enhancement to an already amazing attraction but from what I've seen from NextGen so far I'm not impressed.

MUTZIE77

If I can't say anything nice, I won't say nothing at all.

P.S. I've got a first-timer going with me next week and they really wanted to see the HM in all of it's beauty.....now we'll have to deal with walls in the queue.

I am in the same boat as you. As soon as I saw the title of this thread I was pretty mad. I am not looking forward to all of the walls on my trip next week.

ttalovebug

Right, because that fits so well in the Liberty Square theming/storyline.

Terrific.:rolleyes:

Exactly. Why are we happy about this? We have our own theme, DLR has their's, how can making them more alike be a good thing? Why can't one park keep something unique? We already have a theme, I just don't get it.

TinkerBelle8878

As some of the recent changes 'for the better', at WDW, have been pretty bad from a visitor standpoint, I hope this isn't just doing something just to do something. Let them try and work 'Next-Gen' lines through Toy Story Mania. That's a problem there. Not HM. I haven't seen a huge line for HM in years and even then it moves and flows pretty quickly.

It just seems odd that of all attractions this is where they'd focus efforts.

As long as there isn't another gift shop with the exact same items as every other store on property.

Is Mr. Toad's grave marker going to return? The rhyming verse on the headstones? I think I probably speak for the others that are worried that changes to this iconic graveyard for the sake of 'technology' will be something that bears little resemblance to what made this attraction special.

TheBeatles

here comes "remember when... haunted mansion tombstone" pins.

didn't DL get rid of tombstones to make way for an extended queue?

raven

I am assuming also it will be will done. I was very nervous when they made changes to the HM a couple of years ago but I think everything they did was well done. The only change that I can remember to HM that I did not like was when years and years and years ago they swapped out the tiny skulls that used to jump up from behind gravestones in the graveyard inside the mansion with the slow moving heads that pop up. The skulls were fast and scared the heck out of people (I can remember as a kid hearing people as you were going through the attic screaming when the skulls popped) and the heads that come up now are lame...

Slow moving heads? Um, they still pop up. And the ones in the attic have been gone for a while now...and those screams were part of the effect.

I'm not saying this can't be a great enhancement to an already amazing attraction but from what I've seen from NextGen so far I'm not impressed.

Guests really haven't seen anything yet of NextGen. Space Mountain isn't really all that involved deeply in NextGen.

Exactly. Why are we happy about this? We have our own theme, DLR has their's, how can making them more alike be a good thing? Why can't one park keep something unique? We already have a theme, I just don't get it.

Yet people still want DL's NBC overlay to come to WDW.

Is Mr. Toad's grave marker going to return? The rhyming verse on the headstones? I think I probably speak for the others that are worried that changes to this iconic graveyard for the sake of 'technology' will be something that bears little resemblance to what made this attraction special.

The pet graveyard isn't part of the change.

Why are people so upset? Everytime a wall goes up people get up in arms around here? They tear it apart before they even get a chance for it to open. They call themselves "Disney Purists" but a true purist knows that Walt said the parks will always be changing.

With HM being my favorite attraction since I was a kid and having collected every bit of information and trying to get my hands on every bit of merchandise on it, I can tell you that the changes I've seen are only going to enhance the attraction even more. Please give it a chance to be built before you bash it.

LoehnWolf

OK I am all for enhancements INSIDE the attraction and even outside the attraction if it enhances the contents inside, but the graveyard is a piece of Disney history. It would be like removing the windows on Main Street. I only hope they have a plan to create a permanent resting place for those when done

GLaDOS

Yet people still want DL's NBC overlay to come to WDW.

There's a difference between a temporary change over and adding permanent story element that is out of place.:shrug:

Why are people so upset? Everytime a wall goes up people get up in arms around here? They tear it apart before they even get a chance for it to open. They call themselves "Disney Purists" but a true purist knows that Walt said the parks will always be changing.

I don't see anyone complaining about the HM refurb from a few years ago around here. Because it was so perfect to the theme of the ride.

I just can't see how adding New Orleans theming into 1600s/early 1700s New England fits...:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom