Walls in HM Queue

Chevross

If I can't say anything nice, I won't say nothing at all.

P.S. I've got a first-timer going with me next week and they really wanted to see the HM in all of it's beauty.....now we'll have to deal with walls in the queue.

raven

Raven,

any idea of other rides that are or may be getting the same treatment in the future? Please say Jungle Cruise.....:)

I know of at least 5 more (not all in MK). But I can't say which ones until some mysterious walls appear.

BriEcho3194

NO! I loved those tombstones! LOL But are they at least keeping all the funny things that were said on them? That was always the best! HAHAHA But NextGen It seems awesome! I love the Idea of how they are doing this! Being able to keep the guest entertained while they wait for rides! Thats what they need to do on Kilimanjaro Safari! LOL But Im excited! SO MANY WALLS! lol

WDWfanatic89

hmmm. im not sure what to think about these "upgrades" I can see this being a little beneficial for the kids, but kids have been waiting in lines at Disney parks for over 55 years. I know kids today have a shorter attention span, but they should live with it like others have to a certain extent. i'm all for new technology and i utilize a lot of it in my day to day activities, but enough is enough after awhile. kids should be admiring how amazing the outside of these buildings are. the haunted mansion is one of the nicest ones in WDW's Magic Kingdom. I know it might be boring to stand around, but look at everything around you. ITS AMAZING so many details that this new generation of kids will miss because of that. as for adults, i don't see this being a big deal, as we can communicate with others in the queue and continue to admire the details of liberty square/haunted mansion and tom sawyer island just across. if they keep making queues like this, it'll just be screens in a bland room. why put detail if no one will look, which would be a big disappointment!

just me 2 cents haha.

enoe01

maybe the gravestones will be from the brides past husbands. Also maybe they will be integrating the hatbox ghost in here to go along with the new HM movie

enoe01

If they are combining elements from wdw an dl then will we be getting more of a new orleans atmosphere, oh so many possibilities

HMF

The WDI list of attractions to ruin with interactivity list

Spaceship Earth-check
Haunted Mansion-In progress
More to come

SeaCastle

I know of at least 5 more (not all in MK). But I can't say which ones until some mysterious walls appear.

If I had to guess...Peter Pan's Flight, Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, and Space Ranger Spin. I'd be hard-pressed to think of any other ride commanding long-enough wait times to deserve a super-plussed queue. I'd consider Pirates of the Caribbean, but that always seems to be a walk-on.

Perhaps they would add on to Space Mountain's queue, as the video games are also part of the NextGen initiative. At Winnie the Pooh's queue, they are supposedly installing pseudo-NextGen elements, and I'd imagine Ariel's Undersea Adventure would include the same.

Horizonsfan

Will the some of the old epitaphs (especially the Master Gracey one) be carried over to the new NextGen tombstones?

^^^I am also curious to know if the classic Imagineer references will be retained in some fashion. Kind of surprised the current stones wouldn't be relocated to near the pet cemetery.

I hope the "enhancements" blend in well. At least blend in better than the Space Mountain queue screens which seem to disrupt the idea of being in a space port (though the games are fun).

If I had to guess...Peter Pan's Flight, Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, and Space Ranger Spin. I'd be hard-pressed to think of any other ride commanding long-enough wait times to deserve a super-plussed queue. I'd consider Pirates of the Caribbean, but that always seems to be a walk-on.

Perhaps they would add on to Space Mountain's queue, as the video games are also part of the NextGen initiative. At Winnie the Pooh's queue, they are supposedly installing pseudo-NextGen elements, and I'd imagine Ariel's Undersea Adventure would include the same.

If they aren't just at MK then I'd would guess TT (Raven hinted at changes pre/post ride), BTMRR, Splash, RNRC, and maybe another redo of Soarin's queue.

raven

hmmm. im not sure what to think about these "upgrades" I can see this being a little beneficial for the kids, but kids have been waiting in lines at Disney parks for over 55 years. I know kids today have a shorter attention span, but they should live with it like others have to a certain extent. i'm all for new technology and i utilize a lot of it in my day to day activities, but enough is enough after awhile. kids should be admiring how amazing the outside of these buildings are. the haunted mansion is one of the nicest ones in WDW's Magic Kingdom. I know it might be boring to stand around, but look at everything around you. ITS AMAZING so many details that this new generation of kids will miss because of that. as for adults, i don't see this being a big deal, as we can communicate with others in the queue and continue to admire the details of liberty square/haunted mansion and tom sawyer island just across. if they keep making queues like this, it'll just be screens in a bland room. why put detail if no one will look, which would be a big disappointment!

just me 2 cents haha.

Disney is fighting to keep guests attention from kids AND adults. In most cases it's because of one thing...their cell phone. So many times I have taken people into the parks for their first visit and they sit with their face burried in their phone. Wish I could just build a lead dome over WDW to cut off service from this distraction.

If they are combining elements from wdw an dl then will we be getting more of a new orleans atmosphere, oh so many possibilities

You're onto something. :animwink:

Horizonsfan

Disney is fighting to keep guests attention from kids AND adults. In most cases it's because of one thing...their cell phone. So many times I have taken people into the parks for their first visit and they sit with their face burried in their phone. Wish I could just build a lead dome over WDW to cut off service from this distraction.

You're onto something. :animwink:

If WDI can make Orleans French Quarter mesh with Colonial New England then I tip my hat to them. That seems highly conflicting.

And the cell phone situation is insane. Why would a person drop $80+ a day to just stare at their phone? Makes my head feel like it's going to explode.:brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom