Walls down - Fantasyland soft opening status

Weather_Lady

I love the water feature...

Fantasyland_Full_17145.jpg;width=638

Stunning! This is the first time I've seen the Beast's castle and found the forced perspective to be utterly convincing. If you were to take the same picture in 24 hours, you will see a middle-aged brunette splashing happily around in that water in her bare feet and singing about how she wants adventure in the great wide somewhere, hotly pursued by a bevy of security types. That will be me.

Mike730

ntl918024LARGE.jpg

This photo shows DDP next to it (pork). I would guess that it would count for a counter service credit, while the rest of the stuff are "snacks". Would they do that?

Weather_Lady

This photo shows DDP next to it (pork). I would guess that it would count for a counter service credit, while the rest of the stuff are "snacks". Would they do that?

"Specialty beverages" -- and I assume LeFou's Brew will be one -- are not covered under the DDP at all (at least, not the standard one). They're always out-of-pocket.

WDWYankee15

ntl918024LARGE.jpg

That symbol general means it is a snack. It is listed with the "snack" type items. There would be a lot of confusion if they tried to pull something like what you suggest.

WDWYankee15

"Specialty beverages" -- and I assume LeFou's Brew will be one -- are not covered under the DDP at all (at least, not the standard one). They're always out-of-pocket.
Well if the photo is a true and accurate photo of the menu, it appears that the Brew is a snack if you don't get the special cup. Generally I would agree with you comment, but it seems like there are few things on this menu where they may have departed from the norm. We need confiormation from someone inside the park, who undoubtly are there now (at lunchtime) enjoying the first lunch rush!

weedles

Are there other "specialty beverages" already? I know there are the glow cube thingys but that would be the same exclusion as the souvenir cup version not included right?

Mike730

That symbol general means it is a snack. It is listed with the "snack" type items. There would be a lot of confusion if they tried to pull something like what you suggest.
Indeed, but I wouldn't put it past them. Is there anywhere else you can get an $8 snack?

WDWYankee15

ntl918024LARGE.jpg

This photo was posted by WDWMAGIC of the actual sign in the Tavern. It looks like the DDP logo is covered next to the Pork Shank. So that would seem to suggest it is not a DDP snack option.

Sorry can't get the image to post in here. Link is attached.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/fantasyland/gallery/12oct2012-fantasyland-soft-opening/17177.htm

ShadeRF

We are going the first week in November. If this is going to actually be open when we go my year will have been made.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom