Walls down - Fantasyland soft opening status

WDWYankee15

I love the water feature...

Fantasyland_Full_17145.jpg;width=638
That is an awesome picture. I'm so glad to see the waterfalls are on. Can wait to see more pictures of this area. Have a great time today!

PhilharMagician

Ok. Let me just say how AWESOME it is that they are serving Roasted Pork Shank in Gaston's. One of the biggest things that had disappointed me that they had announced in the expansion was that it seemed like they were just serving cinnamon rolls in Gaston's. Something I could get nearly anywhere, and something I could not imagine Gaston eating in a million years.
The roasted pork shank? Perfection.
1) It's pork.
2) It fits very well with the theme
3) I can see Gaston tearing right into one of these
4) Did I mention it's pork?

Yeah, I love "Le Shank du Jour" on the sign.

Clamman73

Its being reported that CMs are saying the area is expected to remain open barring any issues...Could this really be true??

Hope so...I'll be there on the 23rd for park opening. Looks like it's all done and they would like to get traffic through there before it gets really busy during holidays.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Yeah, I love "Le Shank du Jour" on the sign.
People on the blog have been quick to point out that there appears to be a "snack credit" DDP next to the shank on the menu. Can this be correct? I may be park hopping every day to spend my snack credit on this if so. Ok. I need to calm down and go get some lunch, I'm getting too worked up over this.

Condorman

People on the blog have been quick to point out that there appears to be a "snack credit" DDP next to the shank on the menu. Can this be correct? I may be park hopping every day to spend my snack credit on this if so. Ok. I need to calm down and go get some lunch, I'm getting too worked up over this.

Not according to the actual menu hanging above the counter:

230978_433832989987568_1646667666_n.jpg

ChrisM

I love the water feature...

Fantasyland_Full_17145.jpg;width=638

That's really a phenomenal picture.

I never noticed it from the various backstage looks and aerial shots we've had before, but I love naturalistic portions of the park like this (even if inaccessible). This ravine just really does it for me (in the same fashion as that little abutment and copse of trees does on the southwest side of Cinderella's Castle does).

I have extremely high expectations for the final look of the SDMT now. The ride may not be all that great, but I'm expecting it to really anchor this land visually.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That's really a phenomenal picture.

I never noticed it from the various backstage looks and aerial shots we've had before, but I love naturalistic portions of the park like this (even if inaccessible). This ravine just really does it for me (in the same fashion as that little abutment and copse of trees does on the southwest side of Cinderella's Castle does).

I have extremely high expectations for the final look of the SDMT now. The ride may not be all that great, but I'm expecting it to really anchor this land visually.

Yeah, if you cut off the top portion of the picture so you don't see the castle, and showed this to someone, they would have no idea this was in a theme park.

muteki

Is that with the mug or without? Butterbear in the souvenir cup is $10.00.

Okay, just needed a frame of reference.

I know trying to apply conventional rules to WDW food prices is just asking for trouble, but it looks like I won't be getting it in a souvenir mug (and a rather cheap looking one at that). Heck I can get a real brew at a park just down the road for less.

bubbles1812

Twitter: @Exprcoofto - They’ve made some fantastic changes. Among my favorite: Ursula’s death is more prominent. King Triton’s hair is a fabric material.

If that's true, I would be ecstatic. I think the ride is fine up until the way they just skipped over Ursula's death with the tiny screen and then that cheap Eric/Ariel kiss silhouette and the reused AAs for the final wedding scene. If they really have addressed the problems with the ending, or at least most of them, I will have no complaints.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom