Walls down - Fantasyland soft opening status

Gt2BtheGoodLife

it does seem odd the CM's could be on the other side of the planters doing the preview and go nana nana boo boo you can't come through this planter and then the guests could decide to crash the party and climb through the planters to get to the beer but some guy might have the word beer on his shirt and then they would know he's not a cast member and try to kick him out at which point they might all jump in the waterfalls or escape through a magic mirror or something like that...just say'in it seems odd.

the cm previews haven't even started yet, things are coming, and they're going to be coming soon, that's all i'm able to say ;)

Gt2BtheGoodLife

And whatever is coming soon is going to be around for awhile? Like from 'soon' to November 19th?

I literally only know soon, that's it. And of course soon could be tomorrow, soon could be December 6th. Either way, the fact that the walls are down are proof that the time is coming eventually, probably to help with the Enchanted Tales stuff if that's still going on even. I really don't dig when I hear rumors because so much has changed so quickly, but it can be safe to assume that something will be happening soon if the wall is down. It may even be down just because the previews are coming up, who knows.

CaptainShortty

CM previews start on October 22nd and last until November 2nd. There are I believe 4 total time slots per day each one being 2 hours. CMs must register for the specific slot and may register up to 3 additional guests.

Rob562

Here's my predictions:

Between now and the first day of CM previews, they'll open the area up for stretches of time as needed/possible, closing things down as necessary. That way by the time they get to the scheduled time-slot CM previews followed by AP/D23 previews, they know they'll be fully trained and ready for real people going through the attractions. (It'd wouldn't go over well if those scheduled previews had to be canceled because they weren't ready)

During CM and them AP/D23 previews they'll stick closely to those schedules, not allowing anyone but those registered in.

Then between the last AP preview day and the previously announced 11/19 date, they'll go back to the open-as-available schedule. And when they can get to the point of having things open all day, they'll add in the food service locations, but the table service will be walk-up only.

November 19th everything opens full-time.

Just my guess.

-Rob

Here's my predictions:

Between now and the first day of CM previews, they'll open the area up for stretches of time as needed/possible, closing things down as necessary.

My added prediction: Including the weekend of October 20th and 21st, for longer stretches of the days to make fine tuning adjustments before CM previews. Looks more and more promising.

On another note - is it possible IF soft openings WERE to be happening that the guests at MNSSHP would have a shot at seeing a soft opening, or is that not something that is normally done?

CariBear

There are CM previews on 10/26 and 10/28, but Saturday 10/27 is not a preview date. If you are in the World on 10/27 maybe you will get a chance for a sneak peak.

wilkeliza

My added prediction: Including the weekend of October 20th and 21st, for longer stretches of the days to make fine tuning adjustments before CM previews. Looks more and more promising.

On another note - is it possible IF soft openings WERE to be happening that the guests at MNSSHP would have a shot at seeing a soft opening, or is that not something that is normally done?

I wouldn't be shocked if there were previews during MNSSHP because CM previews will not be going on during those hours. At minimum they might let you walk around and check it out.

NX2I85

I wouldn't be shocked if there were previews during MNSSHP because CM previews will not be going on during those hours. At minimum they might let you walk around and check it out.

Now this I like! We (family of four) will be at WDW 10/24-28. We are going to be at MNSSHP on 10/28. I am counting on nothing at all, but perhaps good fortune will smile on us and we will be able to perhaps even just walk around the FLE area. In all our WDW trips there have been too many magic moments to count. An unexpected preview of FLE would be right at the very top of the list.
Thanks to all who are providing some very interesting and pertinent (to me) rumors.

Triciari

We'll be down from new England to celebrate our 10th anniversary with the kids and my mom. We only have 3 park days, and MK was going to be the 26th. Now I'm wondering if we should skip HS and go to MK again on the 27th, since there are no CM previews that day.... Unless, of course, there are a couple if CMs who want to adopt a family for the day! ;)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Cast previews begin on Oct 20

JungleTrekFan

I think in the past the only time a preview has been done during the parties was for an entertainment based attraction. Like testing the talking mickey, I believe the ETwB was even tested during the parties.

This is just from a standpoint of Entertainment already has a surplus of people working during those hours, where as Food and Beverage and Attractions tend to only schedule the minimum cast they need on those nights. Plus F&B is run on an individual restaurant basis, where as entertainment is just a huge conglomeration and Attractions is typically operated by land. So i would be a lot harder to do previews at BOG then at LM or ETwB.

MK-only cast previews begin on Oct 20. Non-MK cast begin on Oct 22.
I know no one can say for sure, but based on that info, does it look like soft openings will start this weekend, run for a week, and then once CM previews start on October 20th, there will be no space for regular park guest previews? That would really stink if the previews have been going on for a week and then 'shut down' for regular guests the week we are there. Any idea at this point what regular guest previews MAY look like between October 20-27? We are going to MNSSHP on the 25th.

ajbidwell

I know no one can say for sure, but based on that info, does it look like soft openings will start this weekend, run for a week, and then once CM previews start on October 20th, there will be no space for regular park guest previews? That would really stink if the previews have been going on for a week and then 'shut down' for regular guests the week we are there. Any idea at this point what regular guest previews MAY look like between October 20-27? We are going to MNSSHP on the 25th.

I will be there 11/1-11/10 so I absolutely know your pain in regards to wanting some set information. That said, from everything I have read it seems like this is completely influx and will be changing on a day to day basis. I know we would all like a definate answer, but I just don't think there is a definate answer to be had. Your best bet is to just check the area, twitter, message boards, etc., on the days you are at MK and the days right before for trends. That's my plan.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
That is certainly a possibility. The Cast Preview schedule is quite busy, so I'm not sure if there are any available slots for regular guests during those times. November 19 and onwards is going to be the only safe time for regular guests, outside of the passholder previews.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom