Wall-E and Wall-R????

Yoop33

Original Poster
Anyone that has seen the movie knows what I am talking about. Does anyone know what the R stands for? I am clueless.... :hammer:

WDWGoof07

Wall•E is an acronym for Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class

The A in Wall•A is Axiom Class.

Great movie, BTW. Pixar still hasn't let me down.

KHockett

Just saw it last night. What a precious story! It was great. I think it is a testament to great story telling by Pixar. Also thought the short before was hilarious.

SWatsi

So perhaps the new robots (supposedly) coming to the parks should be WALL-D for Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Disneyland \ Disney World Class...

Kristamouse

Loved it! I want, Mop (I hope I have his name right). To clean up after my kids like he does Wall-E. This movie touched me and not just because I am hormonal and 8.5 months pregnant. But because it was beautiful and the ainmation behind Wall-E's eyes was well brillant. His eyes were so expressive and really and the only faical clue to his emotions. I felt like he was real. Goodness I sound crazy....

Anyway, wasn't Pixar ed the Happy Feet was nominated for an Oscar b/c of the real people in the movie? I though they had a beef with the entire movie not being animation. Or am I confusing stuidos. I know the President of Big and Large was real. I just though it was an odd choice to have a real person in the movie. I don't think we have seen that from Pixar before.

Maerj

Loved it! I want, Mop (I hope I have his name right). To clean up after my kids like he does Wall-E. This movie touched me and not just because I am hormonal and 8.5 months pregnant. But because it was beautiful and the ainmation behind Wall-E's eyes was well brillant. His eyes were so expressive and really and the only faical clue to his emotions. I felt like he was real. Goodness I sound crazy....

Anyway, wasn't Pixar ed the Happy Feet was nominated for an Oscar b/c of the real people in the movie? I though they had a beef with the entire movie not being animation. Or am I confusing stuidos. I know the President of Big and Large was real. I just though it was an odd choice to have a real person in the movie. I don't think we have seen that from Pixar before.

I believe that the robot is named Mo.

I never heard anything about Pixar having a problem with Happy Feet over having live action in but I know people were a little annoyed by it being motion capture rather than animation.

The Buy N Large president wasn't the only real person in the film. Remember the pictures of the previous captains of the Axiom? They were real as well. As were the people featured in the Buy N Large advertisements.

I think the intention of doing that was to show that these were real people, they were us. The messege hits home a little more when you see a real human face, rather than having them all animated for the whole film. Just my take on it.

Yoop33

Original Poster
If you mean the bots in the Axiom garbage area, I think it was WALL-A. A for Axiom I assume.

Ahh Yes. That would make sense... I just mistakenly saw the R when it was an A. Thanks for clearing that up... And now that I think of it.. Wouldn't it make more sense to put a WALL-A sized WALL instead of a WALL-E sized WALL on Earth? Things would have been cleaned up much faster.

Katherine

I loved this movie! It was so cute! I was kinda weirded out by the portrait of the future for humans but not enough to not make me love WALL E. So cute.

Question... What was the movie he kept watching? I could never make out the title clearly.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Ahh Yes. That would make sense... I just mistakenly saw the R when it was an A. Thanks for clearing that up... And now that I think of it.. Wouldn't it make more sense to put a WALL-A sized WALL instead of a WALL-E sized WALL on Earth? Things would have been cleaned up much faster.

Yes, but you would have lost the cute and adorable factor, and the roach would have actually been history....:ROFLOL:

SAV

They should model all of the garbage receptacles in Pixar Place after Wall-E. Make them talk whenever someone puts something in.

I really enjoyed the movie.

majortom1981

remember

Remember theyhad tons of wall -e's running around and the one we come to love is the only surviving one. I figured they thought a whole bunch of smaller ones can get into places that the bigger ones couldn't.

papercut

I loved this movie! It was so cute! I was kinda weirded out by the portrait of the future for humans but not enough to not make me love WALL E. So cute.

Question... What was the movie he kept watching? I could never make out the title clearly.

I believe the movie is Hello Dolly.

I thought the portrait of future humans wasn't really that much of a stretch from present humans. How many people do you see around WDW in motor chairs because they are either too heavy or too lazy to walk around the parks on their own? And from what I can tell that number is always going up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom