Walk Around the World to be removed.

RiversideBunny

A complete path from the Grand Floridian to the Magic Kingdom is really needed. People staying at that resort should be able to walk to the MK, if they want to, in the same way that guests at the Contemporary can walk to and from the MK.

Maybe they figure that the boats and the monorail are enough but it would be nice to allow guests to just walk if desired.

IMHO
:)

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
A complete path from the Grand Floridian to the Magic Kingdom is really needed. People staying at that resort should be able to walk to the MK, if they want to, in the same way that guests at the Contemporary can walk to and from the MK.

Maybe they figure that the boats and the monorail are enough but it would be nice to allow guests to just walk if desired.

IMHO

Fancy GF people dont need nor want to walk and get all sweaty. :lol: :lookaroun :p

marcriss

Does anyone know when this is supposed to happen? I have a relative who is an immagineer. She said that actual hard copy letters make a difference.

So whether it's a stone or the angler fish in Nemo or the Yeti not working, write a letter. E-mails don't count, they are considered an expression of frustration. A letter signifies dissatisfaction that you're bugged enough to take the time to write. (Give as much detail as possible time/date/etc.)

We have a stone at the TTC for our 1st wedding anniversary. Our ten years are up in september:(

DisneyWales

I have a LaL and while its great that i have a pice of me at EPOCT, it of me and my Ex BF so to be honest i cant wait for it to be removed now :ROFLOL:

As for the stones i don't have one, and i kinda like the idea behind it, but wouldn't miss them if they were to go...!

IMHO

Really? I would much rather hop on the monorail and be whisked right to the MK front gate.

~Amanda

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Really? I would much rather hop on the monorail and be whisked right to the MK front gate.

~Amanda
Sure, but it would be nice to have that option especially when the monorail in 101 or after park close when the line for the resort monorail is all the way to the bottom of the ramp.

DisneyMusician2

Sure, but it would be nice to have that option especially when the monorail in 101 or after park close when the line for the resort monorail is all the way to the bottom of the ramp.

I think a monorail expansion would solve that problem!

It's a shame we never get a rumor about that!:lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun

(It would actually be a nice option if I could afford to stay at any one of those hotels!)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think a monorail expansion would solve that problem!

It's a shame we never get a rumor about that!:lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun

(It would actually be a nice option if I could afford to stay at any one of those hotels!)
Only if the plan on building a second resort beam.:lol:

kramden88

because just like LAL and DVC, the walk around the world was another Eisner/Pressler era gimmick to rip people off. We are slowly starting to see these gimmicks decay which is very satisfying to me.

DVC might be a gimmick but it's keeping WDW's head above water. If anything, for the money it generates DVC is very likely the future of the resort.

DisneyMusician2

DVC might be a gimmick but it's keeping WDW's head above water. If anything, for the money it generates DVC is very likely the future of the resort.

If true, that is a sad state of affairs. DVC and its associated costs in building detract from other pursuits at the parks, and were indeed a gimmick to ensure continuing patronage.

A brilliant gimmick, but a gimmick nonetheless.

I'm not sure the company would have gotten so lax in some areas without the help of guaranteed DVC return business.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

If true, that is a sad state of affairs. DVC and its associated costs in building detract from other pursuits at the parks, and were indeed a gimmick to ensure continuing patronage.

A brilliant gimmick, but a gimmick nonetheless.

I'm not sure the company would have gotten so lax in some areas without the help of guaranteed DVC return business.
DVC and the parks are completley separate from one another. For all intents and purposes they might as well be 2 completley separate companies.

Mr.EPCOT

If they completed the walkway between the Magic Kingdom and Grand Floridian, then that would be the only Resort with three options to get to/from a park.

kramden88

DVC and the parks are completley separate from one another. For all intents and purposes they might as well be 2 completley separate companies.

It's true that they're separate divisions but DVC is ensuring recurring patronage to WDW. Does WDW not receive any of the revenue from its DVC resorts?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It's true that they're separate divisions but DVC is ensuring recurring patronage to WDW. Does WDW not receive any of the revenue from its DVC resorts?
It is my understanding that they do not share revenue. Sure, the DVC will conceivably increase attendance in the parks but profits from the parks are not directed toward the DVC or vice-versa.

s8film40

Original Poster
If they completed the walkway between the Magic Kingdom and Grand Floridian, then that would be the only Resort with three options to get to/from a park.

And if they built a Magic Kingdom parking garage to the west of the light show canal, there would be 4 methods. They would be able to walk to the tram stop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom