News Wakanda joins Coco, Zootopia, and Encanto on Disney Parks' future blue sky expansion list, reveals Josh D'Amaro

DCLcruiser

Star Tours could easily become a Wakanda ride. You walk through the town (inside, outside and even a Savanna-clay based gift shop to hide their technology), then board one of their ships with Iron Heart piloting and Shuri on the screen giving pre-flight advice.

IMG_6028.jpeg

Bocabear

meh.............
then WDW would get a re-skin of Star Tours, and another park would get an amazing fully fleshed out Wakanda land with a major e-ticket and two other rides ...
Perhaps they can save it util they have a fully fleshed out idea for something great... not a band-aid attraction...

mattpeto

Marvel has released so much content over the the last 20 years, it's amazing they only huge IP draw they had they could use was Guardians of the Galaxy.

I'd prefer them using other IP than Marvel anyway.

The attractions they are building in Fantasy Springs look appealing to me. I'd be okay with a Tangled ride in Germany. (Here they come!)

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
meh.............
then WDW would get a re-skin of Star Tours, and another park would get an amazing fully fleshed out Wakanda land with a major e-ticket and two other rides ...
Perhaps they can save it util they have a fully fleshed out idea for something great... not a band-aid attraction...
Or... maybe Wakanda doesn't need to be a land.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well yes, but those are real countries. To the point of one of the other posters, would cultural representatives from Africa than be placed in a theme park land based on a fictional country in Africa?

There’s no way this would fly.
Well…the sweater fool allowed the gate to be opened on “fake countries” already…

You know…cultural phenomenon…and all

James Alucobond

Well…the sweater fool allowed the gate to be opened on “fake countries” already…

You know…cultural phenomenon…and all
Having a Norway pavilion with an attraction set in a fictional kingdom within the host country is entirely different from a completely fictional country, not to mention how bad it would look for that to be the first sub-Saharan inclusion beyond the Outpost.

LittleBuford

I don't disagree with what you are saying, though with what is presented at Animal Kingdom and AKL, having a dedicated pavilion at EPCOT for any African nation would seem a bit overkill.
Really?! Why aren’t the European and American pavilions overkill when you have so much European and American representation at Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios?

LittleBuford

So every other nation and ethnicity of note gets its own culturally authentic pavilion, but those of African ancestry get one based on a make-believe country? That would be incredibly tone-deaf
I agree with your overall point (the part I’ve quoted), but don’t forget that the Morocco pavilion at least provides some measure of African representation (though by no means enough).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Having a Norway pavilion with an attraction set in a fictional kingdom within the host country is entirely different from a completely fictional country, not to mention how bad it would look for that to be the first sub-Saharan inclusion beyond the Outpost.
I agree with you…

But it’s sad that we can/should even consider it?

Lack of spine by the management took us here

WorldExplorer

- Make pavilion for real African nation
- Put a cool ride based on something that isn't a fake country inside of it
- Fill with good food.
- Put in actual cultural exhibit similar to Japan's exhibition on kawaii culture
- Put a little planter outside Black Panther can meet at, just like Snow White in Germany, Bell in France, etc. He's visiting or Wakanda took inspiration from the real place and so it counts
- It's totally an IP attraction now! Look, Black Panther's here!
- Make me happy

Last edited:

James Alucobond

I am not an expert in random nations so just picked something as an example (hence "or something else" ). You'll notice immediately after I specifically said I would want culture-specific stuff in the pavilion.

I'll be sure to have you proof read my posts next time I'm expressing a genuine desire to learn things.
He just means that every other pavilion is a celebration of art, architecture, culture, and myth (or, simply, the human element of a nation), so the ride should focus on that, not "the jungle".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom