Pre-Trip Wait, What?

Hello! I've been a little absent and preoccupied these past few months making very few comments and mainly just liking posts. I've been a little stressed (in a good way) and very busy.

Daughter C and her best friend have been planning a trip to Disney for about 10 months. C and friend are graduating college this weekend and this was a gift to themselves for graduating. About two months ago friend has decided she can't pay her portion of their trip and still survive financially this summer and has to back out. C now has the dilemma of debating if she will cancel herself or still try to go. Her options are to get big sister E or Mom, that's me, to go along with the plans C and friend have already made.

This is how C is feeling.
A1628BE3-0800-4BAB-93A4-F23D5017A2C4.jpeg

E is actually excited about the possibly of going to Disney and having a sisters trip.

D85BF9EF-C335-45A2-92BF-1E607930CDD5.jpeg

But after a very short discussion realizes she just can't make it work due to her recent plans. E has just married H and got back from their honeymoon two days ago. She doesn't have the heart to ask for more time off of work so close together.

161B04D9-B6B1-41E1-A15E-6D08BDAB515C.jpeg

My wonderful offspring. E, Z, and C

17E6DF88-CA0D-4733-997A-71F9CE460C67.jpeg

Just because.

12F45472-D66C-4A6C-99B0-62EEC3935C17.jpeg

Although I felt bad for E, I actually felt quite happy.

532B2C7A-1F0A-43AC-BB90-A5C519969CDF.jpeg

I did try to talk J into joining us but he also couldn't get time away from work with such short notice. It's all good. He got some pre wedding pampering.

0A7E36C1-DDDA-4E49-AAE7-1ACD3C324644.jpeg

Plus he has to stay home and take care of our biggest girl.

42457CB2-C4FA-423F-A593-6C4B9DC90995.jpeg

All that to say that I'm now going to Disney in 12 Days!!

Last edited:

Sbk1234

I had always wanted them to have a close bond since I was the only girl in my family and never had a sister but they fought from the ages of 3 and 6. It took for them to be 20 and 23 to get along. There were a handful of pleasant times but not too many I'm sorry to say.
This gives me hope. Thanks.

RememberWhen

I had always wanted them to have a close bond since I was the only girl in my family and never had a sister but they fought from the ages of 3 and 6. It took for them to be 20 and 23 to get along. There were a handful of pleasant times but not too many I'm sorry to say.
I have 5 sister. FIVE. We fought like cats, but I would do anything for them now. Siblings sometimes are a pain, but I’m so grateful for them. I hope my three kiddos are able to get along younger than my sisters and I did. If not, I hope they’re able to be friends as adults.

Hello! I've been a little absent and preoccupied these past few months making very few comments and mainly just liking posts. I've been a little stressed (in a good way) and very busy.

Daughter C and her best friend have been planning a trip to Disney for about 10 months. C and friend are graduating college this weekend and this was a gift to themselves for graduating. About two months ago friend has decided she can't pay her portion of their trip and still survive financially this summer and has to back out. C now has the dilemma of debating if she will cancel herself or still try to go. Her options are to get big sister E or Mom, that's me, to go along with the plans C and friend have already made.

This is how C is feeling.
View attachment 636756

E is actually excited about the possibly of going to Disney and having a sisters trip.

View attachment 636758

But after a very short discussion realizes she just can't make it work due to her recent plans. E has just married H and got back from their honeymoon two days ago. She doesn't have the heart to ask for more time off of work so close together.

View attachment 636760

My wonderful offspring. E, Z, and C

View attachment 636755

Just because.

View attachment 636757

Although I felt bad for E, I actually felt quite happy.

View attachment 636762

I did try to talk J into joining us but he also couldn't get time away from work with such short notice. It's all good. He got some pre wedding pampering.

View attachment 636761

Plus he has to stay home and take care of our biggest girl.

View attachment 636764

All that to say that I'm now going to Disney in 12 Days!!
Congratulations! For well, ALL OF IT! Surviving all the wedding stuff, you absolutely deserve disney time. Have a lovely time! WIth I was there with you guys!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
United States Football GIF by FIFA

Only 4 days to go!

I'm getting very excited for this trip. I suppose I should start packing. I looked at the weather and It is going to be hot. I mean like July/August hot. I'm not sure I'm going to survive. I know it's Florida but I thought we'd be looking at mid 80's but it looks like mid to high 90's are happening next week. I may have to do some shopping for new shorts since I haven't shed my winter warmth yet.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
United States Football GIF by FIFA

Only 4 days to go!

I'm getting very excited for this trip. I suppose I should start packing. I looked at the weather and It is going to be hot. I mean like July/August hot. I'm not sure I'm going to survive. I know it's Florida but I thought we'd be looking at mid 80's but it looks like mid to high 90's are happening next week. I may have to do some shopping for new shorts since I haven't shed my winter warmth yet.
I saw those temperatures and I am thankful that we jumped to the 80s this week in CT. It will make for an easier transition. With that being said, I am NEVER going to complain about the heat. I will take it any day over the cold. 4 more days........................................
Let's Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I saw those temperatures and I am thankful that we jumped to the 80s this week in CT. It will make for an easier transition. With that being said, I am NEVER going to complain about the heat. I will take it any day over the cold. 4 more days........................................
Let's Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
It's been pretty mild here in the midwest until Monday. It started in the 70's then today bam it's 86! I'm with you though, I can not take the cold. Have a great vacation!

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
This gives me hope! I'll take hot over cold but there is a point when I get too hot where Teresa isn't such a nice person.

Cool Down Season 2 GIF by Friends
Btw, I saw someone at Epcot who I could have sworn was you. I thought I had mixed up my dates and it really was you but it was The Lily confusing me😂

lindawdw

Count Me In High School Musical GIF by High School Musical: The Musical: The Series | Disney+
This sounds like a fun trip with your daughter! I have two daughters too so I know how testy girls can be with each other growing up. 🤣 You're going to have a fun time together at WDW. Loved reading the background to how this trip came to be. It is HOT in WDW right now but as long as you take the necessary indoor breaks, you'll be OK.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Btw, I saw someone at Epcot who I could have sworn was you. I thought I had mixed up my dates and it really was you but it was The Lily confusing me😂
I think I need to try that Lily. It looked amazing! I wish it was me, work has sucked these past couple of weeks.

Count Me In High School Musical GIF by High School Musical: The Musical: The Series | Disney+
This sounds like a fun trip with your daughter! I have two daughters too so I know how testy girls can be with each other growing up. 🤣 You're going to have a fun time together at WDW. Loved reading the background to how this trip came to be. It is HOT in WDW right now but as long as you take the necessary indoor breaks, you'll be OK.
I can't believe it when I say I'm so happy they are older. It was a painful 15 years.

I can handle MK and Epcot in the heat, there are plenty of places to escape to cool off. Not so much at AK or HS. I may have to get one of those fan spritzers.

james bond singing GIF by Mike Holmes

lindawdw

I think I need to try that Lily. It looked amazing! I wish it was me, work has sucked these past couple of weeks.

I can't believe it when I say I'm so happy they are older. It was a painful 15 years.

I can handle MK and Epcot in the heat, there are plenty of places to escape to cool off. Not so much at AK or HS. I may have to get one of those fan spritzers.

james bond singing GIF by Mike Holmes
Yes, cool towels and water fans are perfect for this trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom