Pre-Trip Wait, What?

Hello! I've been a little absent and preoccupied these past few months making very few comments and mainly just liking posts. I've been a little stressed (in a good way) and very busy.

Daughter C and her best friend have been planning a trip to Disney for about 10 months. C and friend are graduating college this weekend and this was a gift to themselves for graduating. About two months ago friend has decided she can't pay her portion of their trip and still survive financially this summer and has to back out. C now has the dilemma of debating if she will cancel herself or still try to go. Her options are to get big sister E or Mom, that's me, to go along with the plans C and friend have already made.

This is how C is feeling.
A1628BE3-0800-4BAB-93A4-F23D5017A2C4.jpeg

E is actually excited about the possibly of going to Disney and having a sisters trip.

D85BF9EF-C335-45A2-92BF-1E607930CDD5.jpeg

But after a very short discussion realizes she just can't make it work due to her recent plans. E has just married H and got back from their honeymoon two days ago. She doesn't have the heart to ask for more time off of work so close together.

161B04D9-B6B1-41E1-A15E-6D08BDAB515C.jpeg

My wonderful offspring. E, Z, and C

17E6DF88-CA0D-4733-997A-71F9CE460C67.jpeg

Just because.

12F45472-D66C-4A6C-99B0-62EEC3935C17.jpeg

Although I felt bad for E, I actually felt quite happy.

532B2C7A-1F0A-43AC-BB90-A5C519969CDF.jpeg

I did try to talk J into joining us but he also couldn't get time away from work with such short notice. It's all good. He got some pre wedding pampering.

0A7E36C1-DDDA-4E49-AAE7-1ACD3C324644.jpeg

Plus he has to stay home and take care of our biggest girl.

42457CB2-C4FA-423F-A593-6C4B9DC90995.jpeg

All that to say that I'm now going to Disney in 12 Days!!

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Go read my TR. Lots of “what not to do with genie+” in it😂
I learned what not to do with your reports now I need to find out what to do right. I think I'm going to go in with the attitude that I'm just going to waste my money and if I get 4 or more good rides in I'll call it a success.

Also, would love to hear the rehearsal dinner/wedding story. And, love a good Mother in law story😉
Son story - Z is a fantastic musician, he puts every bit of himself in playing - photo of proof below

63B5C455-EB00-42ED-9901-15D1047D0ED2.jpeg

That's him in the bottom left corner. Percussionists can play in WGI or DCI groups until the age of 21. They travel and compete with other groups. He feels like his clock is ticking. E asked Z to be in the wedding and of course he said yes. He then received a place in a World Class group but had to back out because he found out E's wedding was on the same day as finals and world class groups perform in the evening. There was no way he could do both. And believe me when I say he asked if he really needed to be in E's wedding or could E move the wedding date. They have a close relationship, it just shows how much music means to this kid. I know you have boys but imagine the drama of teenage girls. Yep it was a horrible week. The compromise was the group asked him to play center Marimba in their Open class group which would still have finals on wedding day but in the morning. E was a little annoyed but she also gets his passion to play. Z was annoyed because he was playing in Open Class instead of World class but at least he gets to play. As the music season starts to wrap up Z lets us know that semi finals are on wedding rehearsal day in Dayton, OH. That's almost 3 hours away from the wedding venue. Yea, he's not gonna make it.

Here is a little more information since Darstarr asked for it. Depending on the performance score at semi finals depends on the performance placement at finals. So if their group does good at semi finals then they will play later in day at finals. Do you know how Darstarr's commitment is to seeing her boys play, that's me with Z and his competitions. This time around I was a little different, E was getting married! Finals were also being held in Dayton, OH so I had to tell Z to not do as good so they got an early time slot on wedding day then on finals play with everything he has to get a good score :bored:. They did better then I'd like and got the 12:40 time slot for finals. The wedding photographer had a schedule and Z was to be at the museum at 2:00pm:hilarious:. Not even close. At 1:00pm Z rushed off the field jumped in his car and drove up to the wedding in his costume and arrived at 3:30. The photographer rearranged the scheduled a bit and he took some pictures. I took him to where the ceremony was going to be and we did a few walk throughs until he felt comfortable with his role in the wedding. He was the flower guy and then stood on E's side. He's a performer so you can just imagine how that went. The ladies were swooning the men were envious, the crowd went wild. He always puts on a good show.

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Here's the mother in law story @Darstarr . It's going to be the short version.

• She loves E which makes me happy, I'd rather her have a MIL that is too much than hateful
  • My idea discussions with her soon became her ideas and she rolled with them... alot. I started keeping my ideas to myself
  • She showed up at E & H's house after the wedding to drop off gifts and cards. Didn't knock, just walked in
  • When E & H returned from honeymoon MIL was at there house 10 minutes after they arrived to hear about it
  • When we were invited over next day to look at pics and hear about the honeymoon MIL showed up again.

Just to clarify, she is a very nice person and she loves E so that's what matters most. Now when it starts effecting E and/or future grandkids are involved I may just have to break out my inner Yzma, not the meanest of villians but my favorite.

Last edited:

Sbk1234

I'm already excited for your trip. Please post MANY photos here!

Also, if it hasn't already been said, your dog is ADORABLE!!!!! What a beautiful little girl!

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Here's the mother in law story @Darstarr . It's going to be the short version.

• She loves E which makes me happy, I'd rather her have a MIL that is too much than hateful
  • My idea discussions with her soon became her ideas and she rolled with them... alot. I started keeping my ideas to myself
  • She showed up at E & H's house after the wedding to drop off gifts and cards. Didn't knock, just walked in
  • When E & H returned from honeymoon MIL was at there house 10 minutes after they arrived to hear about it
  • When we were invited over next day to look at pics and hear about the honeymoon MIL showed up again.

Just to clarify, she is a very nice person and she loves E so that's what matters most. Now when it starts effecting E and/or future grandkids are involved I may just have to break out my inner Yzma, not the meanest of villians but my favorite.
Thanks for that.
I will just say, as the mother of the “boy” it is harder….
Your patience is appreciated!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Thanks for that.
I will just say, as the mother of the “boy” it is harder….
Your patience is appreciated!
I get it, I really do. She doesn't have any daughters so I know it was even harder for her. We included her on many things that the mother of the groom may not be part of normally. As long as E is comfortable with her “muchness” then I will try not to get annoyed.

When Z gets married I’m sure I’ll get what she’s going through and hope I don’t overstep my boundaries.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
It totally shows in the pictures how happy sad you were that the sisters trip didn’t work out 😉

And all the wedding pictures are gorgeous!
I did hope just a little that they could’ve had a sisters trip. They had some rocky teenage years and it makes me so happy to see them finally getting along and I’m sure they would’ve had a fun time together but I’m happy I get a chance to go back. 😁

Sbk1234

I did hope just a little that they could’ve had a sisters trip. They had some rocky teenage years and it makes me so happy to see them finally getting along and I’m sure they would’ve had a fun time together but I’m happy I get a chance to go back. 😁
I've got two daughters, 19 and 17, and sometimes the two of them are like World War III. Your comment makes me hopeful that things can get better between them.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I've got two daughters, 19 and 17, and sometimes the two of them are like World War III. Your comment makes me hopeful that things can get better between them.
I had always wanted them to have a close bond since I was the only girl in my family and never had a sister but they fought from the ages of 3 and 6. It took for them to be 20 and 23 to get along. There were a handful of pleasant times but not too many I'm sorry to say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom