Wait times

Trackmaster

It varies by ride, although I doubt most rides are close to 75% capacity.

You're also forgetting all of the extra people in lines that wouldn't be under normal operations, as I said above. Shows like Festival of the Lion King would normally be eating a ton of people who now are waiting in lines for rides instead because they have no other options.
Correct, but is it reduced by 65% like capacity is? i think not....i think ride capacity is 50%+ and likely closer to 75%

Remember, when DeSantos released those guidelines many months ago where they talked about "Theme park capacity" that really had no effect on how Disney was operating, and a ton of people got into bad thinking habits from this. There was no percentage placed on ride capacity/rider throughput, that was just based on the make-up of the ride and how the Covid procedures effected the ride.

Its even completely comical that anybody ever thought that the "50% capacity" that Florida mentioned had anything to do with what was going on at Disney. People would seriously show up to a park with an empty parking lot, empty hotels, and were lapping Flight of Passage without a line thinking "Well I guess this is what 50% capacity looks like."

There never was a 50% capacity. Disney just trying to keep AP holders out at all costs. You could go no problem if you were attached to a hotel or bought a ticket.

And right now, Florida doesn't care. We're on our own. There are literally no Covid restrictions imposed by DeSantos, and has an executive order preventing counties and cities from doing anything. Everything is voluntary from businesses. Everything Disney is doing now is voluntary, and it still does not come anywhere close to 50% of capacity. Disney at 100% of capacity is pretty ridiculously high. That pretty much means that you can't move on the midways, forget about actually getting on anything.

To be honest these parks are still pretty uncrowded. I think that the throughput of the rides is just so gutted by Covid, and the fact that there's little entertainment outside of the rides that make the rides so jammed up. I also think that two years ago, nobody thought twice about being on a bumper to bumper theme park midway, but now when you see any crowd of people, you (legitimately) fear for your life. So the crowds just have a psychological factor behind them.

lazyboy97o

I don't really understand how your need for spontaneity would be helped by not having the option to opt of lines. What's spontaneous about being forced to wait in a 2-3 hour standby line that barely moves to get on what you want to get on? I personally love the spontaneity of being able to casually stroll across the midway, grab some food, get some drinks, see a show, etc. as I'm waiting for my comeback time for the coveted ride. I don't find anything spontaneous about being trapped in a line like a caged animal, standing in one place for hours.
You wouldn’t be waiting 2-3 hours with adequate capacity.

Its at least 50%....capacity is only at 35%......theoretically waits should be less and as we saw at thanksgiving, they werent...actual wait times were in triple digits for a handful of rides
The parks already had insufficient capacity and the max capacity is well beyond the design day or average day. Even if individual rides are running at above 35% capacity other attractions, retail and dining are closed or running at reduced capacity, all of which together reduces the park’s hourly operating capacity.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

This conversation is stupid. It's been proven FAST PASS makes lines longer. It's a fact. Anyway, WE ARE IN A PANDEMIC. You are lucky to have any theme parks open right now at all to be honest. Shut up, get in line and enjoy your ride. You are acting like it's business as usual. Be thankful you have a park to go to. Or that you can even take a vacation for 8 days at a resort right now while sooo many people's family members are dying. Some of the posters in this thread sound so self centered and toned death. Fast pass can't be done right now. Enjoy the parks and stop complaining about something you have no say in or control over.

TTLUTS

Original Poster
This conversation is stupid. It's been proven FAST PASS makes lines longer. It's a fact. Anyway, WE ARE IN A PANDEMIC. You are lucky to have any theme parks open right now at all to be honest. Shut up, get in line and enjoy your ride. You are acting like it's business as usual. Be thankful you have a park to go to. Or that you can even take a vacation for 8 days at a resort right now while sooo many people's family members are dying. Some of the posters in this thread sound so self centered and toned death. Fast pass can't be done right now. Enjoy the parks and stop complaining about something you have no say in or control over.
It has never been proven that FP makes lines longer. If it has, please include the link and prove it.

I’m not shutting up and getting in line and I never would. That’s the problem. Unless FP (and other benefits) return, I wont be going. And Disney cannot function Without guests like me who fly 1500 miles, stay for a week, eat in their restaurants and buy their tickets and merch. They can’t survive on AP holders alone. They need people to book their hotel rooms and eat in their restaurants.

Its not business as usual. It’s 35% park capacity with long lines and no perks (EMH, FP+, dining) along with no fireworks and shows. With rides at 50% hourly capacity and waits of 100 minutes+ I will never pay to stay in those hotels

And until Disney incentivized me to do so, I won’t be coming.

and I can take a vacation at a lot of other places that do, including universal, which still has express pass, shows and other incentives That get me there.

#shortsighted

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

It has never been proven that FP makes lines longer. If it has, please include the link and prove it.

I’m not shutting up and getting in line and I never would. That’s the problem. Unless FP (and other benefits) return, I wont be going. And Disney cannot function Without guests like me who fly 1500 miles, stay for a week, eat in their restaurants and buy their tickets and merch. They can’t survive on AP holders alone. They need people to book their hotel rooms and eat in their restaurants.

Its not business as usual. It’s 35% park capacity with long lines and no perks (EMH, FP+, dining) along with no fireworks and shows. With rides at 50% hourly capacity and waits of 100 minutes+ I will never pay to stay in those hotels

and I can take a vacation at a lot of other places that do, including universal, which still has express pass, shows and other incentives That get me there.

#shortsighted
You are just trolling at this point.

Club Cooloholic

#shortsighted

Do you really believe that Disney could not survive if it got rid of FP? This idea that one type of particular guest is what keeps WDW afloat is ridiculous.
For every person who would only visit because of FP there is another that suddenly finds a visit more appealing because they don't need to read forums or guidebooks on which FP to book and when. You would see an increase in one month out bookings. And I would wager, a park enthusiasts like yourself, would still end up going.

TTLUTS

Original Poster
Do you really believe that Disney could not survive if it got rid of FP? This idea that one type of particular guest is what keeps WDW afloat is ridiculous.
For every person who would only visit because of FP there is another that suddenly finds a visit more appealing because they don't need to read forums or guidebooks on which FP to book and when. You would see an increase in one month out bookings. And I would wager, a park enthusiasts like yourself, would still end up going.
I do think they will survive, that's not what I'm saying...........

What I'm saying is they are giving less and less every year to their park/hotel guests (and i have read that on a lot of forums, especially here). The parks are becoming less and less of a % of their business (as evidenced by yesterdays investor day, Disney+ getting all the new $ invested into it and the stock up 10% today to new all time highs despite DL, Paris not being open and the other parks suffering for almost a year)

WDW is a tourist destination with over 36,000 hotel rooms (and growing). Those hotel guests are their main source of income for WDW (hotel sales lead to food, merch, park ticket sales). They have stated repeatedly throughout the pandemic that they need their hotel guests back. They have taken away all of the free perks............If they want to continue to charge a premium for those guests, they need to incentivize them or else risk lower occupancy rates, resulting in less profits and a slower recovery to get back to normal and hiring back all those people they had to let go.

Club Cooloholic

What I'm saying is they are giving less and less every year to their park/hotel guests (and i have read that on a lot of forums, especially here). The parks are becoming less and less of a % of their business (as evidenced by yesterdays investor day, Disney+ getting all the new $ invested into it and the stock up 10% today to new all time highs despite DL, Paris not being open and the other parks suffering for almost a year)

WDW is a tourist destination with over 36,000 hotel rooms (and growing). Those hotel guests are their main source of income for WDW (hotel sales lead to food, merch, park ticket sales). They have stated repeatedly throughout the pandemic that they need their hotel guests back. They have taken away all of the free perks............If they want to continue to charge a premium for those guests, they need to incentivize them or else risk lower occupancy rates, resulting in less profits and a slower recovery to get back to normal and hiring back all those people they had to let go.
I am certainly not advocating for this, but if the park reservation system were to stay, giving resort guests a 30 day head start over the rest of park goers for those reservations could become a factor, as well as extra magic hours returning.

lazyboy97o

FastPass+ is a system conceived and implemented to enable Disney to give people less.

nickys

Premium Member

But you did say “And Disney cannot function Without guests like me who fly 1500 miles, stay for a week, eat in their restaurants and buy their tickets and merch”.

I’m sure there will be perks for resort guests again, eventually. But they may be different to what they were previously. Or they may be very similar. But I don’t think things will return to what they were before; this is the perfect time for them to bring in further changes. The last big changes were in 2016, refining FP+ and they then tightened the rules generally at the start of 2019. And I don’t think things will change very much from what we have now until Fall 2021.

There again, I could be completely wrong about that!

UNCgolf

You tell me to shut up and I'm the one trolling? You dont have to agree with my point, but im definitely not trolling

I wouldn't say you're trolling, but you're actively ignoring factual information that contradicts your narrative.

You keep repeating how long the lines are with reduced capacity and using that as evidence that removing FP would make things worse, but you continually ignore all the mitigating factors that make it impossible to draw that conclusion. The parks are not in normal operation and there are a ton of reasons the lines are much longer than they would normally be regardless of FP.

Club Cooloholic

I want to say too that I don't argue that Disney has scaled back onsite benefits, but I am not even looking at FPs, there is less entertainment onsite. Even prepandemeic they had gotten rid of boat rentals at several resorts.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Speaking of trolls...can we please add a :banghead: emoji under “like”?? I desperately need one when I read things like this....

Yeah I just don't understand that poster lol.
I mean I hope whoever wants it can get it sooner rather than later but we've already been told its going to be a phased roll out first by vulnerability then by age and kids under 18 won't be getting it until trials are complete for those age groups meaning most won't get it until next fall.
So why that poster thinks the way they do and where they are getting their info IDK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom