Voyage of the Little Mermaid is done, won't reopen with the parks.

Fox&Hound

I heart Disney as much or more than the next guy, but the stagnation of these shows, especially at DHS, is unforgivable. Indy, Mermaid, B&B- I just find it so embarrassing that a giant media conglomerate can't update shows with the insane amount of IP they have ready and waiting. If they updated all of those shows it would go such a long way to helping the park feel fresh. Such a tragedy!

brb1006

Imagine if Disney had done the totally logical thing and put the excellent MMRR in the Courtyard and updated GMR. You’d have solved numerous problems at once. Now it’s probably necessary to retheme the whole area around a new attraction, which Disney should get around to in 20 years or so.
Heck if MMRR was located at Animation Courtyard, then that would had been the perfect opportunity to retheme the area to Disney's Classic Animated Shorts. That area would had been perfect to give more representation to the "The Silly Symphony" shorts. Heck that area would had been perfect to bring some of the Silly Symphony characters (besides The Three Little Pig and The Big Bad Wolf) into the parks (such as Elmer the Elephant and Tillie Tiger) as meetable characters for guests.
6c38496b445bc2231a62c1d4ce9a4ce6.png

The Elmer The Elephant short is an extremely underrated Silly Symphony cartoon and those characters deserve some love from the parks.

Last edited:

brb1006

Looking forward to

"A Taste of the Festival of the Legend of the Little Mermaid's Sing-Along Voyage - Highlights from a Disney classic!"

Coming Spring 2023.

It'll be 7 minutes of movie clips and puppets. No equity.
But told from a different character's point of view similar to Lefou for the Beauty And The Beast Sing-Along.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
They should move the Frozen Sing-Along over to Little Mermaid's theatre. It's such a small auditorium, that the current popularity of the Frozen Sing-Along show would be perfect for the amount of guests it draws in. (Assuming Frozen Sing-Along is a cheap show to run, with its lack of performers and a video screen.)

Then they could put a new larger show in the current Frozen Sing-Along theater... Something like Golden Mickeys or Villains Tonight or something like that... One of those Disney movie-collage shows.

J4546

the entire animation courtyard along with all the other buildings in the NW quadrant of DHS need to be torn down so the park can be expanded and I think they are planning on doing it. Didnt they already have some big MOnsters Inc plans for that area before Covid? Regardless, Thats prob why they didnt put MMRR in the AC, I imagine they will tear all of that down eventually.

The Empress Lilly

Princess and the Frog and Tangled should have replaced Mermaid and Beast 10 years ago.

Still not too late IMO.

Have all the "classic" princesses in Magic Kingdom (Snow White to Jasmine) and all the "modern" ones (Tiana to Moana) at Studios.
That's an interesting thought experiment, to distribute IP chronologically.

But, Disney never wants its parks to feel historical, but contemporary. Somewhat understandably, but also regrettably. Each park is at its best when it feels like a product of its time. That creates a unison between form and content, and theme, atmosphere, general feel. As simple as Spiderman feeling misplaced on Main Street, but not Alice in Wonderland. A certain mid-century feel.

To which, DHS for me precisely is the renaissance park. It shares its very birthyear with Mermaid. Which brings us back to the point above - the early Eisner era is in this parks dna, its historical era. Mermaid and BatB in DHS feel as organic as Mickey on Main Street.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom