Vote for Walt Disney!

MickMan

Original Poster
The Discovery Channel is taking a poll of Who is the greatest American?
The web site says:

Who is the Greatest American?
America, we want you to tell us who the greatest American is.
Nominate here, and then watch discovery channel in may as we count down to the greatest american of all time!

Here is the website: http://tv.channel.aol.com/greatestamerican

So go and vote for who you want but I am going to vote for Walt Disney.

Post here if you have voted for Walt. Hopefully we will see a segment on Walt Disney!

Thank you for your support.

Gosh - I love Walt Disney and Jim Henson as much as the next guy, but they're nowhere near the top. Off the top of my head, what about...

Ben Franklin
Thomas Jefferson
Abraham Lincoln
FDR
Martin Luther King Jr.
Susan B. Anthony
Albert Einstein

Now, if the list was "greatest American ENTERTAINERS" then Walt definitely goes at or near the top.

Of course, these sorts of lists are silly anyway. How can one argue "Lincoln was greater than Einstein" - it just doesn't make any sense. That's like saying "The 1996 Bulls are better than the 2004 Red Sox." :)

FourFourSeven said:
Of course, these sorts of lists are silly anyway. How can one argue "Lincoln was greater than Einstein" - it just doesn't make any sense. That's like saying "The 1996 Bulls are better than the 2004 Red Sox." :)

But isn't that allways the way? It's just the same for any naional poll. All you can do is vote for who you think best and be done with it!

It doesn't affect me in the slightest but I'll vote for Walt anyway, for the hell of it!
:sohappy:

pilka214

#1. walt disney
#2. dave chapelle
#3. adam sandler
#4. johnny carson
#5. jay leno (i couldnt think of any one else)

but wait....... is mickey mouse an american citizen. i mean he owns a car, a house (more than one), and a dog. so is mm a candidate. they didnt say it had to be a human did they...????? :confused: :confused:

TennisPlayer519

Only let me do it three times...but I did vote:

1. Walt Disney
2. John Hancock (big sig)
3. George Washington (love cherries)
4. Abraham Lincoln (he's on the worst coin in America)
5. ???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom