Vote for best and worst celebrity performance as part of an attraction

MickeyPeace

Original Poster
Name the celebrity who's performance was the best and who most greatly enhanced the attraction they were involved with.

Conversely, name the one was the worst and makes you cringe every time you go on the attraction.

I'll start.

-My choice for best celebrity is someone who has passed on but who was brought back to life in The Tower of Terror. Voice actor Mark Silverman performed Rod Serling's voice work in the attraction with great skill making it my favorite.

Second choice goes to Patrick Warburton as chief flight attendant in the pre flight video in Soarin'. He does a great job. That video never gets old.

-Worst performance (by far) is Illeana Douglas in the pre show of Rock n Roller coaster. Her performance makes me cringe every time.

What is your favorite and least favorite?

WDWmazprty

I love Phylicia Rashad but in Dinosaur I didnt like seeing her! Just not a good fit.

Love Patrick Wharburton in Soarin.

Lucky

Warburton best.

Ellen worst. Her material is terrible. I assume she didn't write it herself. She's not usually that bad.

Monorail Lime

-Worst performance (by far) is Illeana Douglas in the pre show of Rock n Roller coaster. Her performance makes me cringe every time.
Agreed, terrible performance. I didn't know that she is supposedly a professional actress. I had assumed they cast the most obnoxious person who happened to be loitering around the studio on the day of filming.

Matt and Kelly

Puddy for sure is my top choice!

And for the worst, even though I've never actually been on the attraction, I can't stand Ellen so she gets my vote by default!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I actually LIKE Ellen in Energy!

Gilbert Gottfried is horrible in ANYTHING he does. He just isn't Disney material IMHO.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Favorite would be Phylicia Rashad in Dinosaur or Putty at Soarin'.

Least favorite is Gilbert Gottfried in UNM.

MickeyPeace

Original Poster
I actually LIKE Ellen in Energy!

Gilbert Gottfried is horrible in ANYTHING he does. He just isn't Disney material IMHO.

Agree. I like Ellen in Energy. Definitely could use an update though. It is over 10 years old now.

And agree. Gilbert Gottfried is one of the most annoying people on the planet. I will not miss hearing that voice.

Bravo 229

I have to go with either Martin Short in O'Canada or Gary Sinise (and his bad toupee) in Mission:SPACE for BEST.

Worst would be Ellen for Ellen's Energy Adventure.

the-reason14

Best: Probably MJ. His acting was..........err, wasn't much to that, but when the music kicks in he does his thing and I can't think of anyone better.

Worse: The aladdin chicken man.

Cosmic Commando

Best: I love Ellen in UoE, but I like her stuff in general. I don't think any of the other celebrity appearances get even close to the amount of screen/ride time that Ellen gets. Having so much Ellen time probably turns some people off... if you don't like Ellen or you only kinda like her, you sure won't like 45 minutes straight of her. That's like sitting down to watch an episode of her talk show.

Worst: the Ellen AA. I think that thing looks more like Bill Nye than Ellen. Little known fact: they used the face cast of Andrew Jackson for the Ellen AA. Or is that SSE?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom