Vote for best and worst celebrity performance as part of an attraction

raven

As much as I hate to say it, and as much as I hate the current version of the ride, Eric Idle is actually pretty good in Imagination. As is Martin Short in Oh, Canada!

MarkTwain

I actually LIKE Ellen in Energy!

Gilbert Gottfried is horrible in ANYTHING he does. He just isn't Disney material IMHO.

I like Ellen too. I think she completely revitalized the pavilion, acting as an able host and bringing the ride something it originally lacked - HUMOR! - and that's coming from someone who liked the original Universe of Energy.

Aside from Iago/Gilbert Gottfried, I actually can't think of a celebrity performance I dislike. I would say Martin Short also did a really good job with his show, and Patrick Warburton is obviously excellent. Neutral on Michael Jackson. Does that leave anyone?

thelookingglass

I wish you guys on this forum would stop referring to Patrick Warburton as "Puddy" - he has since done so much more noteworthy stuff than his handful of appearances on Seinfeld.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think Gary Sinise did a great job on Mission: Space (despite looking hung-over and possibly reading queue cards if you look really closely). He plays such a big role in the attraction, and the lines he is given could have easily sounded cheesy and ham-fisted, but he manages to make them sound genuine and "official."

MattyDrums

Gary Sinese in Mission Space is great. At this point I honestly believe he's a real astronaut.

Also I don't know if it counts but all the Muppets in Muppets 3D. They're celebrities to me! :p

Matt and Kelly

I wish you guys on this forum would stop referring to Patrick Warburton as "Puddy" - he has since done so much more noteworthy stuff than his handful of appearances on Seinfeld.

Not denying that, but as one who referenced Patrick as "Puddy", this was his most memorable role in my eyes. I was/am a huge Seinfeld fan and the Puddy character was always one of my favorites.

Mickey is King

Not denying that, but as one who referenced Patrick as "Puddy", this was his most memorable role in my eyes. I was/am a huge Seinfeld fan and the Puddy character was always one of my favorites.

I have to agree, most people know him as Puddy or that guy on Seinfeld.

but yes, he probably is the best celeb. appearance in an attraction.

worldfanatic

Best - Gary Sinese (very believable role)

Worst (tie) - Michael Jackson (can't act a lick) & Drew Carey (anything affiliated with this HORRIBLE ATTRACTION deserves a "Worst credit")

Krack

Best: Walter Cronkite in Space Ship Earth

Honorable Mention: Chevy Chase and Martin Short in the Monster Sound Show

Worst: Ellen in Universe of Energy

WorldKey

Best: Martin Short, O'Canada, Walter Cronkite, SSE (tie)

Honorable Mention: Hans and Franz in Cranium Command (Dana Carvey and Kevin Nealon)

Worst: I'd say the Band Mgr in Rockin' Rollercoaster but I don't really see her as a 'celebrity'

MillerPoppins

Another vote for Patrick..I love watching/listening to him do anything. He always cracks me up. I also enjoy Martin Short in O'Canada!

Worst: Drew Carey for sure! To be honest, I haven't even done Sounds Dangerous and I won't because I know it's going to awful just because he's involved. And I LOVED Who's Line Is It Anyway!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom