Volcano Bay

Kman101

Yes, Troll is a term used too much around here.

On the other hand we do have too many people who like to beat a dead horse.

VB is open, it's history now.

VB is working towards a better experience as time goes on. Anyone want to argue that?

If the crowds don't let up in the fall then I would say the big problem is Universal built to small of a water park. In the business world that's not really a bad thing. Must have done something right if the people are crushing you on mass. I doubt VB can keep their attendance pace up going into the fall. Going to be hard to complain at that point.

In a different thread I had even suggested they are capping capacity in order to better enhance the guest experience and complimented the idea. Everything new has growing pains. And yes, it's open and life goes on.

raven

...all you do is sow negativity. You come off as the troll to me. A disgruntled and defensive one who gets self righteous when anyone challenges an opinion of yours.
Um, in this thread, titled Volcano Bay, my posts have been in favor of the park. Not sure how that equates to "sowing negativity." You might want to look up the definition of that term again and go back and re-read your posts.

raven

I appreciate the debate here on whether to go/not go, and because I asked you for proof in your accusations which you could not provide.
I know you asked for proof and I didn't provide it because it's been right here on this thread the entire time. I'm not wasting my time going back and forth to gather posts for your simple reading pleasure. Just go back and read for yourself.

Kman101

Um, in this thread, titled Volcano Bay, my posts have been in favor of the park. Not sure how that equates to "sowing negativity." You might want to look up the definition of that term again and go back and re-read your posts.

LOL

Of course you're positive because it's Universal. Maybe you lack self-awareness in how negative you do come across elsewhere. Did I say you were negative about Universal and Volcano Bay? Maybe you're the one who should re-read posts. I'm referring to the constant negativity you spew about Disney. And the double standard in defending anything Universal, even their mistakes but bashing Disney any chance you get. Not sure why you keep insisting on this back and forth but between you and Disneyhead'71 I've had some good laughs today. And you've both done nothing but continue to prove my points. Not sure we really need to keep this going.

spacemt354

Chili's
In a different thread I had even suggested they are capping capacity in order to better enhance the guest experience and complimented the idea. Everything new has growing pains. And yes, it's open and life goes on.
I think they did a disservice to themselves by not having any soft-openings. That just got the whole park off to a bad start. Nobody can deny that it isn't very popular, but with that restrictions for the short term on capacity had to be made (a good move imo) It's been open for roughly 40 days now, and it's bound to continue to go through some growing pains in the short term.

But in the long term, it has the potential to not only be the best water park in Orlando, but the best water park period. The slides are already top notch, and as the environment around the guests continues to mature and expand, it will only get better.
I know you asked for proof and I didn't provide it because it's been right here on this thread the entire time. I'm not wasting my time going back and forth to gather posts for your simple reading pleasure. Just go back and read for yourself.
I wouldn't have asked if I didn't already read the thread. There is zero proof for your claims. You misspoke. Move on.

spacemt354

Chili's
You might want to re-read your own posts because while they are in favor of VB, any opportunity you have to 'sow negativity' towards Disney in a Volcano Bay thread, you seize it. (And this is just within the last few pages)
Flight of Passage was only a 20 minute wait yesterday, on its 2nd most crowded holiday weekend since it opening. Looks like those 6 years of developement, construction and hype is already wearing off just a month after Pandora opens.

Meanwhile Volcano Bay is still often closing it's gates early due to capacity over a month after opening.
Im sorry. Didn't realize you were standing next to me in the 20 minute line on Saturday. And yes, this is only the 2nd holiday weekend for Pandora and the crowds have already thinned.
Disney has the freedom is space but in the past 10 years hasn't added anything, only replaced. So much for that "plussing" idea.

And isn't the big ride in the newly opened "Pandora" a simulator?
On the contrary, I was responding to posts by people who are wanting VB to fail, posting in the Universal section here on the forums. They will continue to throw it under the bus just because it's Universal, even though they haven't even been to VB yet. Just stating facts against Universal haters, but you be you too. ;)
So Disney should "get a pass" for Test Track opening? What about the Yeti? I'm just saying that Universal has never built a water park before so they are learning things. Theme parks, yes. But water parks are new to them.
Looks like Volcano Bay was chosen over Shanghai Disneyland for "Best New Theme Park" for this award!

raven

You might want to re-read your own posts because while they are in favor of VB, any opportunity you have to 'sow negativity' towards Disney in a Volcano Bay thread, you seize it. (And this is just within the last few pages)
HAHAHAHAHAHHA! So happy you spent all that time going back and searching for something you can call me out on that is completely out of context with the point you are trying to prove. Those posts were in reply to a members who were being negative about VB but you seem to have tried to switch that around. Nice try.

raven

Eh, you win. You clearly are allergic to reasonable discussion unless the discussion agrees with your reality. So nothing more from me.
Clearly you are allergic to "reasonable discussion" by not saving your judgement until you actually experience the very thing we are discussing.

Adam N

I agree, they rushed the opening, and it shows all over the place. In my estimation, they needed easily another month of straight up construction and then a month of employee previews and softs to have gotten the place show ready. As it stands today, there are still lot of details to finish. I personally wouldn't have done it, but the brass really wanted it open for Memorial Day Weekend, and they started selling domestic vacation packages and tix overseas back last Nov. Throw in all the logistics of the announced opening date and the Today Show scheduling, changing the date wasn't really an option. They locked themselves in and it was UGLY. I don't know how that is defending them.

And had Disney done the same thing, well here is my first comment on Disney recently grand opening a land with it's signature attraction not quite show ready resulting in 6 hour lines. At least with Tapu Tapu, this isn't happening. (Read the sign)
DBrDlNDXUAEwlIv.jpg
What are we supposed to be seeing in the picture? That there's no bathrooms in the queue for Flight of Passage?

mergatroid

Switching things up a bit in a very non combative way.
Sorry, don't mean to ruin the FUN! haha

Planning my VB day and have a question.
I have an adventurous 7 year old about 50 inches tall.
Are any of the drop slides less intense than another. Any recommendations as to which one would be a good one to go on.
Also, how many drop slides are there?

I believe this video will answer quite a bit of that. I'd recommend watching all 13 minutes as it also kind of helps deciding on the order you may want to utilise the slides ;)

mergatroid

I love this place, it's like a Jerry Springer episode about trolls today :D

I can almost see @captainkidd sat on the stage quietly waiting for @raven as the following ensues

Jerry "So captainkid, you're here today as you have concerns about paying hundreds of dollars to a water park where you don't believe you'll get to enjoy enough water slides"

Captainkid "Yes Jerry there's been many reports that everything's not quite right yet and so I'm biding my time and will take them when things improve"

Jerry "Well Captain, let's bring on Raven who has something to say to you"

(Raven then runs onstage pointing at the audience yelling)

Raven "You mo##########g Volcano Bay hating trolls. You want a piece of me, you want a piece of me you d#######s? And you captain, you can #### my #####"

(Captain stands up and starts stripping before the audience to reveal a huge 'I hate Volcano Bay' tattoo

Captain "You want this body ladies? Well you can't have it because I'm really here to tell Raven that I love him and want to marry him at Typhoon Lagoon. We can get married there and then ride all the slides with no ####### wait. I love you Raven, be my man"

(Someone then throws a chair from the audience shouting "Virtual queues are ####" and all hell brakes loose and 'Steve' gets knocked out by a flying Quidditch ball)

:D

Last edited:

mergatroid

Dude!
You have a very active imagination!!!
That was funny!

Thanks it's good to have a laugh about stuff, even with those with differing views. As for 'trolls', only those who post know their true intent but I can't say I sense any here. As for the accusations that it's a Universal forum so people who don't enjoy Universals offerings are probably trolls, that sort of contradicts itself. The reason I say this is that WDWMagic is primarily a Disney site, hence the name WDWMagic.

This is a sub forum on a Disney site, most people only discover this forum by accessing the Disney one in the first instance. Saying the equivalent of "Hey Disney fans, stay on your own forum" seems a bit odd as this place probably wouldn't exists if it wasn't for the former. In fact if you really wanted to be petty you could say "Go on a Universal forum if you're not happy instead of coming on a Disney one that has a Universal sub forum within it"

It is however more interesting and fun to coexist on here. Any of us could be trolls in theory but I suppose if we suspect anyone of being one we could just choose to ignore them? I find some of the rudeness to each other on here a more serious issue than 'trolling' but that's just my personal view.

raven

I love this place, it's like a Jerry Springer episode about trolls today :D

I can almost see @captainkidd sat on the stage quietly waiting for @raven as the following ensues

Jerry "So captainkid, you're here today as you have concerns about paying hundreds of dollars to a water park where you don't believe you'll get to enjoy enough water slides"

Captainkid "Yes Jerry there's been many reports that everything's not quite right yet and so I'm biding my time and will take them when things improve"

Jerry "Well Captain, let's bring on Raven who has something to say to you"

(Raven the runs onstage pointing at the audience yelling)

Raven "You mo##########g Volcano Bay hating trolls. You want a piece of me, you want a piece of me you d#######s? And you captain, you can #### my #####"

(Captain stands up and starts stripping before the audience to reveal a huge 'I hate Volcano Bay' tattoo

Captain "You want this body ladies? Well you can't have it because I'm really here to tell Raven that I love him and want to marry him at Typhoon Lagoon. We can get married there and then ride all the slides with no ####### wait. I love you Raven, be my man"

(Someone then throws a chair from the audience shouting "Virtual queues are ####" and all hell brakes loose and 'Steve' gets knocked out by a Quidditch ball)

:D
;)

Disneyhead'71

What are we supposed to be seeing in the picture? That there's no bathrooms in the queue for Flight of Passage?
People stuck in the massive Flight of Passage queue have been peeing and even pooping in a hallway off the queue.

I can't imagine the apoplexy the folks here would be having had Universal had people pooping in hallways because a new attraction had a long line. It would be the end of the world.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
People stuck in the massive Flight of Passage queue have been peeing and even pooping in a hallway off the queue.

I can't imagine the apoplexy the folks here would be having had Universal had people pooping in hallways because a new attraction had a long line. It would be the end of the world.

Hmmm. What point are you trying to make here?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom