Volcano Bay

Disneyhead'71

It's pretty obvious that several people here clearly don't want to like the place.

I blame the entire mood of the country right now. People are angry and they WANT to argue. They have staked out an angry position and dug in their heels. And they certainly aren't listening to what anyone else has to say. Period.

So. @captainkidd for about the 30th time, there are almost always slides with a "ride now" status. So you can ride other slides while waiting for your Tapu Tapu time. After they fix the 2 mat racers there will be even more. And it's not really Universal's fault if you and your kids don't WANT to utilize the the rapids river, the lazy river, the wave pool, the quiet pools, the play areas, explore the caves, interact with Vol, use any of the cabanas, luxury seating, or free chaise lounges, and you don't want to eat anything, have a cocktail, or even use the restrooms. Oooo, sounds fun!

And discussions with @Kman101 go something like this.

Kman101: "Universal FAILED with the garnd opening! Why is everyone giving them a free pass!!!!!!!"

Us: "We've said the ###### up the opening."

Kman101: "But why aren't you holding them responsible?"

Us: "We said they messed it up bad".

Kman101: "Man, I can't believe everyone is just not holding them responsible. Why is everyone giving them a pass".

Us: SMDH

Yes, the park opened WAY too early causing a plethora of issues. Most of the operational issues have been work out as best they can until some of the design issues are fixed.

The rest of the stuff like painting the volcano stairs and getting the remaining roof caps on, while not pretty, isn't really negatively impacting anyone's day.

About capacity. They opened with a 6000 person cap. After 5 days they dropped it to 4000 for just over a week. They have been back up to 6000 for over 2 weeks, and while there are some long wait times between noon and 3, the rest of the day is not bad.

And @Tom Morrow the park isn't under built, it's just not running properly. But it is running significantly better. It's like having an 8 cylinder Mercedes Benz. At opening only 2 cylinders were firing. With it running like that and incorrect analysis, it's easy to conclude that Mercedes should have put in a bigger engine. But after they get all 8 cylinder banging, engine size shouldn't be an issue. That is assuming they did their modeling correctly. Which we won't know until ops is up to speed. To assume the modeling was incorrect when ops still isn't up to speed would be premature.

Last edited:

captainkidd

"And it's not really Universal's fault if you and your kids don't WANT to utilize the the rapids river, the lazy river, the wave pool, the quiet pools, the play areas, explore the caves, interact with Vol, use any of the cabanas, luxury seating, or free chaise lounges, and you don't want to eat anything, have a cocktail, or even use the restrooms. Oooo, sounds fun!"

Agreed. And no doubt, we would take advantage of some of those things. The caves for instance sounds very cool. I'm not much of a lie in the sun type of person, but give me a hammock and come see me in 3 hours. Again, all I'm saying is biggest thing for us at a water park are the slides. And right now, it doesn't seem like it would jive with what we're looking for. Personal preference. We're from Massachusetts. Wave pools just aren't that exciting for us. I enjoy a good lazy river, but honestly, that was a huge issue I read about time and again. How the lazy rivers were overcrowded, not enough tubes, etc. It's still a baby. Crowds will subside a bit. We'll go back when it's not peak season and they'll have figured out some of the capacity issues, and I'm sure it will be a blast.

Disneyhead'71

"And it's not really Universal's fault if you and your kids don't WANT to utilize the the rapids river, the lazy river, the wave pool, the quiet pools, the play areas, explore the caves, interact with Vol, use any of the cabanas, luxury seating, or free chaise lounges, and you don't want to eat anything, have a cocktail, or even use the restrooms. Oooo, sounds fun!"

Agreed. And no doubt, we would take advantage of some of those things. The caves for instance sounds very cool. I'm not much of a lie in the sun type of person, but give me a hammock and come see me in 3 hours. Again, all I'm saying is biggest thing for us at a water park are the slides. And right now, it doesn't seem like it would jive with what we're looking for. Personal preference. We're from Massachusetts. Wave pools just aren't that exciting for us. I enjoy a good lazy river, but honestly, that was a huge issue I read about time and again. How the lazy rivers were overcrowded, not enough tubes, etc. It's still a baby. Crowds will subside a bit. We'll go back when it's not peak season and they'll have figured out some of the capacity issues, and I'm sure it will be a blast.
My general rule is "Don't go to ANY theme park on a projected capacity day." Particularly a brand new one that was rushed to open.

Kman101

:joyfull: oh @Disneyhead'71 the forever Uni defender. Never change! LOL

That post wasn't really necessary. You do defend them and think they can do no wrong. I mean, you're post confirms as much. It's hilarious to me you think certain things get a pass. If Disney opened a water park and left things upainted or undone you'd be all over them but "it's not negatively affecting guests". It's just amusing you have different standards for one park compared to the other. There's no excuse for not finishing the park. And because it seems to annoy you, I'll say it again, they rushed their opening and it shows. Shame on them. But the park is still gorgeous and I WILL be checking it out someday soon. But then, I hate the parks and want them to fail ;)

It's called jumping into the discussion, I know what's been said in the thread. As usual, my mistake. I was addressing one person, that's all. I don't have to explain myself.

And no I don't dislike the place. I have a Universal Annual Pass and I think VB looks stunning and very well done. That's stupid to think people who are critical want it to fail. Heaven forbid I was a little late to the discussion and brought up that they rushed their opening. Don't need to get so personally offended someone dared to say something critical about your precious Universal Studios. LOL. Oh I needed a laugh this morning so thank you. :joyfull: you'd think I personally offended you or something. :joyfull:

Last edited:

raven

What does that have to do with you consistently insinuating and accusing people on this thread they they want VB to fail, then having no proof to back it up? Nothing.

Point is - not everyone has the same view as you, doesn't mean they want something to fail.
Boy, there are more Trolls in here than in Norway.

captainkidd

I think you need to do a bit more research on what a troll is. Someone who has been on a board for 5 years with over 15,000 posts is not a troll. In this case it's simply someone who doesn't share your personal opinion.

raven

I think you need to do a bit more research on what a troll is. Someone who has been on a board for 5 years with over 15,000 posts is not a troll. In this case it's simply someone who doesn't share your personal opinion.
An internet troll is someone who personally seeks out things they don't like and attacks them. In this case, someone who comes into a thread about a park they've never visited and replies to nearly every post by members who actually like the park.

Doesn't have anything to do with how long you've been a member here or how many posts you have. You've already admitted you are holding off visiting the park after reading these posts, even though those nagative posts were from people who still haven't been there.

captainkidd

An internet troll is someone who personally seeks out things they don't like and attacks them. In this case, someone who comes into a thread about a park they've never visited and replies to nearly every post by members who actually like the park.

Doesn't have anything to do with how long you've been a member here or how many posts you have. You've already admitted you are holding off visiting the park after reading these posts, even though those nagative posts were from people who still haven't been there.

I'm not going based off reviews I've read on TA, Google and Yelp. Those people have most likely been.

I don't see any trolls on this forum at all. Just people who have different opinions. It's simply easier for you to accuse them of being trolls. Says more about you than them.

Disneyhead'71

:joyfull: oh @Disneyhead'71 the forever Uni defender. Never change! LOL

That post wasn't really necessary. You do defend them and think they can do no wrong. I mean, you're post confirms as much. It's hilarious to me you think certain things get a pass. If Disney opened a water park and left things upainted or undone you'd be all over them but "it's not negatively affecting guests". It's just amusing you have different standards for one park compared to the other. There's no excuse for not finishing the park. And because it seems to annoy you, I'll say it again, they rushed their opening and it shows. Shame on them. But the park is still gorgeous and I WILL be checking it out someday soon. But then, I hate the parks and want them to fail ;)

It's called jumping into the discussion, I know what's been said in the thread. As usual, my mistake. I was addressing one person, that's all. I don't have to explain myself.

And no I don't dislike the place. I have a Universal Annual Pass and I think VB looks stunning and very well done. That's stupid to think people who are critical want it to fail. Heaven forbid I was a little late to the discussion and brought up that they rushed their opening. Don't need to get so personally offended someone dared to say something critical about your precious Universal Studios. LOL. Oh I needed a laugh this morning so thank you. :joyfull: you'd think I personally offended you or something. :joyfull:
I agree, they rushed the opening, and it shows all over the place. In my estimation, they needed easily another month of straight up construction and then a month of employee previews and softs to have gotten the place show ready. As it stands today, there are still lot of details to finish. I personally wouldn't have done it, but the brass really wanted it open for Memorial Day Weekend, and they started selling domestic vacation packages and tix overseas back last Nov. Throw in all the logistics of the announced opening date and the Today Show scheduling, changing the date wasn't really an option. They locked themselves in and it was UGLY. I don't know how that is defending them.

And had Disney done the same thing, well here is my first comment on Disney recently grand opening a land with it's signature attraction not quite show ready resulting in 6 hour lines. At least with Tapu Tapu, this isn't happening. (Read the sign)
DBrDlNDXUAEwlIv.jpg

raven

I'm not going based off reviews I've read on TA, Google and Yelp. Those people have most likely been.

I don't see any trolls on this forum at all. Just people who have different opinions. It's simply easier for you to accuse them of being trolls. Says more about you than them.
I didn't come up with the term but it is exactly what's going on here and you are joining them.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topicmessages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotionalresponse[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement"

captainkidd

I didn't come up with the term but it is exactly what's going on here and you are joining them.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topicmessages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotionalresponse[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement"

I don't see anyone on here trying to provoke anyone. No one is looking to "sow discord". They're having a discussion in which they have differing opinions. Good grief.

Kman101

You're my #1 troll! Thanks for being there to argue every one of my posts! :D

lol defensive as always. I agree with you more than not but I'm not the only one who recognizes your agenda.

Stop throwing the troll word around. I actually try and contribute to discussions when I can (and sorry I'm not a know-it all like some who have to throw their superiority around) but all you do is sow negativity. You come off as the troll to me. A disgruntled and defensive one who gets self righteous when anyone challenges an opinion of yours. You can always choose to ignore me if I bother you that much lol but I'm not going anywhere. I don't follow you around and go after all your posts, please don't flatter yourself like that ;) But I don't think anyone cares about this back and forth.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
I have a small handful of posts in the thread, my posts are based on my strong interest in VB but also my hesitation to visit based on mixed reviews, I appreciate the debate here on whether to go/not go, and because I asked you for proof in your accusations which you could not provide, I'm labeled a troll. :hilarious:

Sounds as if you just don't like people debating with you, which is fine. Life is too short for me to delve into petty name-calling though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom