Voices of Liberty to become latest cut?

Wikkler

Guests surveys show that overt displays of extraordinary talent makes the guests feel bad about themselves and has a demoralizing effect on their children. So out of great concern for their guests comfort Disney is removing any overt displays of talent.
Well, it's a good thing the singers in their sitcoms don't have any then... :lookaroun

MarkTwain

I'd like to think they wouldn't dare, and this would be too far even for Disney. I feel like Voices of Liberty have earned a degree of exposure other World Showcase acts haven't gotten, effectively being the pre-show for a major Epcot attraction and a part of the Candlelight Processional.

Wikkler

this would be too far even for Disney.
Horizons_Full_777.jpg

backinaction

this is so sick if its true. disney knows they could cut this show and the average guest wouldn't bat an eyelash. its sad but if VOL were actually cut out, does anyone here think that it would affect attendance or the bottom line in any way?

scpergj

You know, my family has made the decision to save some money (by not giving Disney AP money and 5-7 weekends a year) for a couple of years...pretty much because we're short on time with the kids being older and in so many activities. The plan was to try this year, after two years away instead of our usual one year between passes and trips...BUT, this would be the last straw. Seriously. Innoventions. Wonders of Life. Horizions. Imagination. Future Corps. Voices of Liberty? no...just no.

Dwarful

I hope this rumor is just that...a rumor. VoL and the AA are a must do multiple times per trip for us. The entertainment in World Showcase was what kept us in WS. You can only do so much shopping. This will be a very bad move on Disney's part. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this soon.

ISTCrew20

Sadly, this seems to be following the trend of late:

Rumor of cut gets posted

Rumor is disputed

Rumor turns out to be true when quietly confirmed by a spokesperson that the act is ending in 2 days time

Everyone is upset for that day

Everyone moves on and the next cut happens 3 weeks later

I know nothing of this being true or not, but at this rate, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I've had a few folks email and say that they don't believe Disney will let them go ... or, if they do, they'll just go on a hiatus and return down the line.

But while sources are within the company, they are not in Entertainment ... so, hopefully someone who is can offer more insight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom