Vinylmation Trading Thread

IWant2GoNow

Original Poster
Thought maybe one of these should be started in case anyone out there wants to do any trading.

Personally, I'm looking for the Herbie Vinylmation from Park Series #3. If anyone wants to trade PM me. I've got quite a few Urban 2 and Park 3 doubles.

Thanks.

dave&di

I'm going to wdw in Sept and want to start buying Vinylmation figures, I only want to get about 5 as I'm from UK and don't want to overload my cases! Is it worth it, am I likely to get doubles? If so can I easily exchange at the shop?
Thanks -Diane

IWant2GoNow

Original Poster
I'm going to wdw in Sept and want to start buying Vinylmation figures, I only want to get about 5 as I'm from UK and don't want to overload my cases! Is it worth it, am I likely to get doubles? If so can I easily exchange at the shop?
Thanks -Diane

I enjoy them mostly for the creative designs that the artists come up with. Depending on what series you buy from will depend on the doubles scenario. If you buy all 5 from the same series you have a chance of getting doubles. But obviously if you buy 5 but one from each different series you'll get something different each time.

If you do happen to get doubles, there are numerous locations on Disney property that allow you to trade with CMs at the registers. There are 2 ways to go about trading.

1) They should have a clear case displaying 3 Vinylmations that people have traded away or have been placed out by the CMs. These you are able to see each design. So if it's one you're looking for or have interest in, just tell the CM you'd like to trade for that one and they will gladly accept.

2) At some locations they have a "mystery box" of 24. These are "luck of the draw". The CM will ask you to choose a number from the box and then you have to trade for the one that is behind that number. Sometimes it is something good, sometimes you may run into a double that you already have. The nice thing about that is, you are allowed two trades per location per day. So if you want to trade it back you can pick a different number or go to another spot on property to try your luck there.

I like them and wrote a blog about why and how I got hooked on them.

http://www.dispixfix.com/2010/05/disney-collectors-nightmare.html

dave&di

Thanks IWantToGoNow, Vinylmation will definately be my thing this time around (in Sept) I think I will have to just get one each from different parks and leave it at that - good idea, I have seen a few I want, I can see how it becomes addictive. If only you could just choose the one you want, would Disney not make more money? I suppose if you are desperate for a certain one, you will keep trying. But do people not bother because they think it is a con?

IWant2GoNow

Original Poster
Thanks IWantToGoNow, Vinylmation will definately be my thing this time around (in Sept) I think I will have to just get one each from different parks and leave it at that - good idea, I have seen a few I want, I can see how it becomes addictive. If only you could just choose the one you want, would Disney not make more money? I suppose if you are desperate for a certain one, you will keep trying. But do people not bother because they think it is a con?

I think a lot of people are turned off by them because of the price. $10 is a stretch for something if you don't know exactly what you're getting. Myself? I got over that when buying baseball cards as a kid. Haha. And there are quite a few people that enjoy hunting for the "chasers" as well.

Have fun! When I was down there in June, I bought two a day. I saved up a lot of spending money this year which was nice to have for once. :p

Disneyson 1

I've got an extra "Pluto's Sweater" (with an unopened trading card) if anyone wants to trade for another character in the "Have a Laugh Collection", so long as it isn't "Winter Storage" or "Mickey's Garden".

erasure fan1

I think a lot of people are turned off by them because of the price. $10 is a stretch for something if you don't know exactly what you're getting.
Yea I thought the same thing, I saw the price tag and went :eek: I sure hope my daughter doesnt want to start collecting those! Im happy with her collecting pennies with the occasional quarter. :lol:

I dont really get the whole vinylmation thing as to me I dont think they are all that cool looking. :shrug: I did think a couple of the muppet ones are all right though. Different strokes for different folks.

JafarMaleficent

my fiancee and i actully bought some after we swore we wouldnt.lol.we got a clear green one,she wants the sky blue one. so i`d be willing to trade that one. i want the cheeseburger one from urban #3 or the cookies one from that set.the merryweather one which was cool. half blue half pink with merryweather on it.theres a few others from urban #4 but i dont remember what they are but i`m willing to trade for those ones.

sittle

Bump... I've got a extra Fozzie from the Muppets Vinylmations from the latest trip...

I'm open to any trades... I'd love to trade for the following (but I am open to any offers):

Any monorail other than Green (got green)
From the Animation series #1 I'd love Pinocchio, Alice or Peter Pan
The Popcorn Box (from Urban Series 5)
The Colonel (from Adventurer's Club) or the Flowery Tiger from Park Series 4.
Woody, Buzz or Bullseye from the Toy Story series.
The Graveyard and the Candy Cane designs from the Holiday Series #2.

PM me with any offers!

IWant2GoNow

Original Poster
I've got 2 extra Elephant Bathing Pools and also 2 extra Big Al's from Park #3

I'd like any of the following:
Herbie from Park 3
Mickey Cartoon from Urban 2
Any Star Wars, Toy Story, or Park #5

Thanks for looking! PM if interested! :wave:

I'm slowly starting to get into this. I'm an avid pin collector but my girlfriend got me a couple of vinylmations for my birthday. I've got a couple doubles , but their all from the Toy Story set and their the ones people probably wouldn't want.:lol:

Tinkerboy

We went at the beginning of April and bought a few and now Im hooked. We have about 18 already!

I have a long list of the ones I want and also have a few up for trade

Hello all! I have traded some on other websites so I thought I would post here as well.

Here are some I'd like to sell/trade:

From Park #3
Big Al
Carousel

Plane Crazy Mickey combo topper from Park 4 (for a good deal like Disney Afternoon series or something else)

Some from Park 5 I may be willing to sell/trade (I have the whole set including chaser) but it'd have to be a really good deal as I like having the whole set.

From Park #6
Cruise ship lifeboat

From Star Wars:
Lando

From Animation:
Fairy God Mother
Mushu

Apple from Cutesters 2

From Urban:
Cookie Jar
Palm tree
Red Gears from 5
Knight from Urban 5
Green Squares from Urban 4

From Nightmare Before Christmas
Jack Skellington

9" Holiday 2 Prancer Reindeer
9" Magic Kingdom

Keychains (vinlmation jr):
Chip (chaser)
Genie
Goofy

I am interested in

From Urban 5
3D Mickey (Chaser)

From Park 1
Figmouse

From Park 4
SpectroMickey
Tower of Terror

From Park 6
Disney road sign

From Holiday 2
Mardi Gras

Have A Laugh Pete Chaser

Star Wars Darth Vader

Wall-E and Eve

Disney Afternoon
Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers set
Duck Tales set

DABIGCHEEZ

Hopefully someone will see this and answer if they know. The newer "Cupcake" vinylmations, are they sold only at Dstreet??? Or elsewhere? Are they only for sale for a limited time? My daughters want them and I need to know if I can get them in August when I am down there or get them online now.

thanks

cameronmouse

I'm so happy theres a thread for these!!!! My 3.5 year old son started wanting these on our last trip in june, and I wasn't hooked at first but now I try to get him a few every week. He's in the middle of collecting the toy story series and the animation series.

If anybody has any of the toy story ones that hes missing ( buttercup, green army guy, wheezy, and the mystery) I'll gladly trade any of our spare ones we have.

He's also been talking nonstop about getting the monorail ones from the park series.

So if anybody wants to sell or trade for the ones we need at the moment, please pm me

goonie007

My Vinyl Trade/Want list

Up for offers -

C2 - Green Apple Chaser Variant W/Box, card, foil - Blind boxed it last night Seeing what offers I get

Trades -

C2 - Ball and Jacks, Wonderland X 4 (1 Signed by M.C.), Gifted X 2 (1 Signed by M.C.), Red Scarf X 3 (1 Signed by M.C.), Tiger Kid X 2 (1 Signed by M.C.)

R1 - Atomic Bot, Ultra Sonic Bot X 2

U7 - Zombie Girl, Jukebox

U6 - Mickey Head X 2

U5 - Popcorn, Red/Black Gears

A1 - Alice, Quasimodo, Peter Pan, Aladdin, Phil, Dodger

Wants -

P1 - Any
P2 - Any
P3 - Big Al, Mission: Spacesuit, Monorail Blue, WDW Castle, Small World
P4 - Any except Astro Orbiter and POTC Guard Dog
P5 - Stitch, Penguin
P6 - Sign Variants, Purple Wet Paint, Troll, Abe L.

U1 - Any
U2 - Mickey Cartoon, Girlie, Cosmos, Green Tea, Glass Half Full, Confetti, Mickey Bar
U3 - Cursive, Cheeseburger, Little Dragon, Watermelon
U4 - Blackout, Blocks, Squares, Super Mouse, Tin Mouse, Splattered, Paint Drip
U5 - None
U6 - Blue Thumb, Clear Yellow Text, Blue Nature Cycle
U7 - Clear Alien, Solid Alien, Penguin, Dark Paint Splatter, Black Phone

C1 - Crowned Hearts, Hearts and Mickeys, Minnie's Dress, Cinderella Castle
C2 - Purple Bubbles, Yellow Lollipops

SW1 - Yoda, R2-D2, Obi-Wan, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, C-3P0

Nerds - Any

Blueskyze

I bought four (the 40th anniversary park edition ones) to start my collection on our last trip. I had no idea you could trade them at the parks! That makes me much more eager and willing to buy the ones in boxes that you can't see. Thanks for the info, and I may be interested in purchasing from some of you! I definitely have an addiction in the making. :)

TexasEric

Anyone have Junior Series 2 they are looking to trade?? I am trying to complete my set.

Duplicates I have:

Genie
Cinderella
Donald
Minnie

I am looking for:

Tigger
Pooh
Peter Pan
Buzz

I only have the little guys (in excellent condition)--no stickers or packaging. I did not realize how valuable those may be for trading... sadly.

Thanks!

goonie007

I do not have any jr's at this time but i have a lot of 3" that i might be able to trade out for the ones you need and then trade to you. I will keep an eye out :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom