Villas at Disneyland Hotel opening September 2023

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
I think $185 for 150 points is low. I understand that it bakes in resale restrictions and had first year's points used but considering (1) that 150 points would cost $227/pt and (2) that it's California where I'm confident there's a good market of buyers who'd be happy to only stay there, and (3) it's the first listing, I would have recommended listing for $205 to see if anyone bites and then consider any offers to let the market dictate an appropriate price.
But don’t the incentives bring the direct price down to under $200 ? The contract’s stripped and closing costs will be more expensive than direct.

Bbeagle

I think $185 for 150 points is low. I understand that it bakes in resale restrictions and had first year's points used but considering (1) that 150 points would cost $227/pt and (2) that it's California where I'm confident there's a good market of buyers who'd be happy to only stay there, and (3) it's the first listing, I would have recommended listing for $205 to see if anyone bites and then consider any offers to let the market dictate an appropriate price.
$185 is way too high for a VDH contract.

You're trying to compare a DVC contract with a VDH contract. This is apples and oranges. It doesn't matter what the DVC contract would cost, you're not buying a DVC contract anymore, just a contract at Villas at Disneyland Hotel.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
$185 is way too high for a VDH contract.

You're trying to compare a DVC contract with a VDH contract. This is apples and oranges. It doesn't matter what the DVC contract would cost, you're not buying a DVC contract anymore, just a contract at Villas at Disneyland Hotel.
Umm, yes, it is a DVC contract. Not sure where you got that bit of misinformation from.

Bbeagle

Umm, yes, it is a DVC contract. Not sure where you got that bit of misinformation from.
It’s a contract that can ONLY be used at VDH. It can’t be used at any other resorts, cruises or any 3rd party DVC partners. It comes with no perks either.

So, essentially, it’s just a VDH contract.

Calling it a DVC contract is misinformation.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
It’s a contract that can ONLY be used at VDH. It can’t be used at any other resorts, cruises or any 3rd party DVC partners. It comes with no perks either.

So, essentially, it’s just a VDH contract.

Calling it a DVC contract is misinformation.
Sorry to disagree but being a DVC contract is not misinformation. You are correct that the resale contract can only be used there for DVC stays, but it can be used at II, which means it is a DVC contract. No reason to get angry about it.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
do you always try to gaslight people? Please be civil.
??? How is it gaslighting to point out that your perception that it isn't a DVC contract is incorrect? And how am I not being civil? I apologize if I misread your words, but it appeared to me that you were angry that I was still pointing out that it is absolutely a DVC contract and not a VDH contract.

Bbeagle

??? How is it gaslighting to point out that your perception that it isn't a DVC contract is incorrect? And how am I not being civil? I apologize if I misread your words, but it appeared to me that you were angry that I was still pointing out that it is absolutely a DVC contract and not a VDH contract.
Thank you for responding.

Maybe you read it that way, but I wasn't angry. I was just pointing out that, in my mind, there are 15+ DVC resorts. And a DVC contract gives you access to all of the DVC properties.

There are 3 basic DVC contracts (full, partial, 1 resort only)

If you can reserve rooms at any of the 15+ DVC resorts, you have a full DVC contract. (Direct or grandfathered contracts)

If you can reserve rooms at most of the 15+ DVC resorts (minus Riviera, Disneyland Hotel, and maybe Poly2) ... you have a partial DVC contract. (resale since 2016?)

If you can reserve rooms at only 1 of the DVC resorts, and no others.... it really seems like a DVC contract in name only. (resale at Riviera, Disneyland Hotel and maybe Poly2)

If you want to call this last one a DVC contract, you're right. It technically is. It's like calling a tomato a fruit. Technically, it is. But it doesn't have any of the fruit features, like sweetness, you'd expect.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Thank you for responding.

Maybe you read it that way, but I wasn't angry. I was just pointing out that, in my mind, there are 15+ DVC resorts. And a DVC contract gives you access to all of the DVC properties.

There are 3 basic DVC contracts (full, partial, 1 resort only)

If you can reserve rooms at any of the 15+ DVC resorts, you have a full DVC contract. (Direct or grandfathered contracts)

If you can reserve rooms at most of the 15+ DVC resorts (minus Riviera, Disneyland Hotel, and maybe Poly2) ... you have a partial DVC contract. (resale since 2016?)

If you can reserve rooms at only 1 of the DVC resorts, and no others.... it really seems like a DVC contract in name only. (resale at Riviera, Disneyland Hotel and maybe Poly2)

If you want to call this last one a DVC contract, you're right. It technically is. It's like calling a tomato a fruit. Technically, it is. But it doesn't have any of the fruit features, like sweetness, you'd expect.
Thanks. I see what your point is. I will agree that the recent restrictions for Riviera and VDH are a bit ridiculous, but I understand where DVC is coming from. Long time members like us are having a much harder time booking at the 7 month window, when in the past, it was much easier as there were fewer members overall. Now with all the new properties and more owners, there is even more competition and DVC's answer to the complaints was that if you buy resale at Riviera or VDH, then you can only book stays there and through Interval International. This takes them off the plate for competition with the rest of us for the 7 month reservations at the rest of the properties. The thing is, if you buy direct at either of those, you still have full access to all DVC resorts, so the number of people buying resale at those 2 (and maybe Poly2) know in advance that they are restricted from where the can book and are ok with that - otherwise, why buy there?

freediverdude

So this tax thing, was it a condition put on the property by Anaheim in order to approve it getting built? Is that why it's different? I don't see why it's being charged there and not the other properties. If so, that's on Disney for not negotiating a better deal on the approval of the project. It's not like they had to deal with Ron Desantis on that.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
So this tax thing, was it a condition put on the property by Anaheim in order to approve it getting built? Is that why it's different? I don't see why it's being charged there and not the other properties. If so, that's on Disney for not negotiating a better deal on the approval of the project. It's not like they had to deal with Ron Desantis on that.
The transient occupancy tax? It’s set by Anaheim, it isn’t negotiable.

It is charged on VGC but it’s rolled into the maintenance fees. And it was a lot less when the GC was opened.

Indy_UK

Be interested in getting people reviews of the Resort.

I am always on the hunt for a final 80 point contract at AKV but contemplating rather than getting re-sale, buying it direct for the option to use at Disneyland at 7 months or just buying it there directly and having the option to use at other future resorts too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom