Villas at Disneyland Hotel opening September 2023

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
An opening date for VDH (?) has been given on the Disney Parks blog. Plus a first look at the rooms.

Duo studios themed to The Jungle Book
Studios (sleeps 4) themed to Sleeping Beauty or Tiana
1&2 beds themed to Fantasia or Tiana
GV themed to Bambi, Frozen and Moana.

Must admit, I’m not too keen on all these different themes.

It opens in September, with bookings opening in March.

DVC Members booking opens March 15th (via Member Services)
DL Magic Key holders booking opens March 16th
Public bookings open March 17th.

Which means it surely must be soon that we hear about the sales details - price, restrictions etc.

Alanzo

Studios look great for a family of 4 with small kids. I think the themeing, overall, is pretty sharp. They look nice, if a little minimalistic.

The "duo studios"... I'll need an MBA to explain to me.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I really like the wide variety of theming. I think it’ll keep things fresh at a park where there’s only 2 DVC options,

CastAStone

Premium Member
How luxurious! I bet you still get that DVC sticker for your regular U-Haul, too!
One of the things I personally look for in a hotel room is for the space where I sleep to be larger than the space where I parked my car.

I’ve stayed in a few hotels in Boston and NYC where I’m not sure that was the case.

Alanzo

One of the things I personally look for in a hotel room is for the space where I sleep to be larger than the space where I parked my car.

I’ve stayed in a few hotels in Boston and NYC where I’m not sure that was the case.

There's definitely a market out there that just wants to use the hotel as a place to crash, use the bathroom, and shower. Literally, rest+rinse+repeat.

I'm not sure that market is the same as the DVC market but I don't have an MBA.

CastAStone

Premium Member
There's definitely a market out there that just wants to use the hotel as a place to crash, use the bathroom, and shower. Literally, rest+rinse+repeat.

I'm not sure that market is the same as the DVC market but I don't have an MBA.
Oh I do. All market segments overlap each other more than people think but also I think the tiny rooms are intended for Disney adults who want to go hard dawn til dusk and then crash

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I haven't seen anything about these being on sale yet. Are people predicting same price as Riviera or should we expect higher? We're considering a small contract to bank/borrow and go every 2-3 years.

CastAStone

Premium Member
I haven't seen anything about these being on sale yet. Are people predicting same price as Riviera or should we expect higher? We're considering a small contract to bank/borrow and go every 2-3 years.
Disney has, for about 10 years now, line priced all actively sold DVC and then used cash back incentives to move things around. I expect decent incentives given how slow DVC is selling overall right now

CastAStone

Premium Member
As big as that? Are you sure????

IIRC the “bathroom” is a closet.
I am not sure but I measured the PDF they released to the city of Anaheim for zoning approval (which was to scale) and that’s what I came up with. It’s close to right.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster

Scandinavia are quite big on “business hotels” where the room basically has room for a bed against the wall and a walk-in shower and toilet in the same cubicle.

I think there’s one of the major hotel chains in the U.K. which have similar rooms for people who,literally just want a bed to sleep on.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Disney has, for about 10 years now, line priced all actively sold DVC and then used cash back incentives to move things around. I expect decent incentives given how slow DVC is selling overall right now
I guess my curiosity is two fold. First. Whether the starting non-incentivized price might be the same as Riviera, and it sounds like you're saying that seems likely. Second, curiosity about whether the incentives may be less than Riviera because DL should sell itself easier, considering Grand California demand. That sounds like a maybe.

CastAStone

Premium Member
I guess my curiosity is two fold. First. Whether the starting non-incentivized price might be the same as Riviera, and it sounds like you're saying that seems likely. Second, curiosity about whether the incentives may be less than Riviera because DL should sell itself easier, considering Grand California demand. That sounds like a maybe.
I would imagine the opening incentives (the ones only for existing owners) will be good compared to Riviera but when it opens to the public the incentives will almost certainly be worse, for the reasons you laid out.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
Looking at the photos the first thing I notice about the galley kitchen is that there is virtually no food preparation space. And very little room for storing groceries.

There’s barely enough room to put out breakfast items, and it would all be in the way of reaching the coffee maker. If I was trying to chop meat and vegetables, I’d have to use the dining table as a food prep area.

I really, really don’t like the galley kitchens. I can understand why rooms like CCV have them, when they converted hotel rooms to villas, but when the rooms are designed from scratch there’s no reason for not having either a reasonable counter space or a kitchen island / breakfast bar area.

CastAStone

Premium Member
I really, really don’t like the galley kitchens.
It’s the same as Riviera. Looks like the upside of it is the same too - much larger dining area, which is my biggest complaint about all the pre-GFV resorts.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
It’s the same as Riviera. Looks like the upside of it is the same too - much larger dining area, which is my biggest complaint about all the pre-GFV resorts.
I did look round a 1-bed at Riviera. I was sure they had an extra cupboard in the kitchen because there was room for a draining rack as well as the tray of coffee etc.

In these pictures the tray is out but no draining rack. So if you need to use the draining rack for refillable cups, for example, where do you put the tray? The only other place is in front of the coffee maker which gives you no counter space at all. That is insane for a kitchen - IMO at least.

Another thing I notice. I thought the Incredibles room at the Contemporary was bad enough with life size figures painted in the closet. Here you have a life sizzle painting of Tiana in a living room. Really? Who has that kind of art in their living room?

To me this is like a hotel re theme, like the Marvel one at DLP. Not a DVC resort which is supposed to be a home from home.

If we ever go to DL we’ll stick to the non Disney hotels near by.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom