Villas at Disneyland Hotel opening September 2023

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Screenshot_20230419_144442_Chrome.jpg

I need some clarification here. Traditionally add-ons are for all members, blue and white. So that would usually mean that anyone with a membership can add-on, and applied here would mean anyone with a membership could add-on and then book starting May 16, but then it says "before bookings open to all other Members" on July 27 (first day of EPCOT Food and Wine for you calendar keepers).

If all members can begin adding-on May 7 to book May 16, what's left to make "other Members"? Am I missing something? Are early sales only going to be a membership magic thing? Because they surely won't tell white cards that purchased at a true that they must wait for a second booking window...

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
View attachment 711258

I need some clarification here. Traditionally add-ons are for all members, blue and white. So that would usually mean that anyone with a membership can add-on, and applied here would mean anyone with a membership could add-on and then book starting May 16, but then it says "before bookings open to all other Members" on July 27 (first day of EPCOT Food and Wine for you calendar keepers).

If all members can begin adding-on May 7 to book May 16, what's left to make "other Members"? Am I missing something? Are early sales only going to be a membership magic thing? Because they surely won't tell white cards that purchased at a true that they must wait for a second booking window...
Other members could use their points to book stays within 7 months from May.

And any existing members can add on points and could therefore book on May 16th.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Other members could use their points to book stays within 7 months from May.

And any existing members can add on points and could therefore book on May 16th.
So it's just the head start for VDH owners to book before nonVDH owners. That makes sense.

Joe

I'm only visiting this planet.
Premium Member
"Other members" could be those members who also bought direct from DVC.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Other members" could be those members who also bought direct from DVC.
It will include anyone who bought direct or bought resale prior to Jan 2019 (which was when Riviera went on sale and the new restrictions came into force).

correcaminos

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
And this update

Update: The tax has been confirmed at $2.73 per point for 2023 with DVC publishing a chart showing the cost for each accommodation throughout the year.
This could kill sales.

Staying in a studio at the cheapest time will cost $35 a night. The same time frame will be over $100 a night for a 2-bed villa.

And this is supposed to be “pre-paying” your accommodation costs?

correcaminos

This could kill sales.

Staying in a studio at the cheapest time will cost $35 a night. The same time frame will be over $100 a night for a 2-bed villa.

That was exactly my thought when I saw it. I did roughly what a week in a 2 bedroom would be - which is what we do and yeah.... no. Even a 4 night stay in a 2 bedroom is over $700 (we'd be in the $177+ range). If we dropped to a 1 bedroom it's still almost $500 extra. Why would I stay there when I could stay elsewhere nearby? Unlike WDW, DLR has a ton of good offerings.

Joe

I'm only visiting this planet.
Premium Member
This could kill sales.

Only if you stay there. The points can be used at Riveria or any DVC resort at the 7 month window. We need to know the annual dues which could restrict sales.

Club Cooloholic

That was exactly my thought when I saw it. I did roughly what a week in a 2 bedroom would be - which is what we do and yeah.... no. Even a 4 night stay in a 2 bedroom is over $700 (we'd be in the $177+ range). If we dropped to a 1 bedroom it's still almost $500 extra. Why would I stay there when I could stay elsewhere nearby? Unlike WDW, DLR has a ton of good offerings.
Yeah, I was excited to see more DL offerings for DVC owners, but this is not so good. One question I had, do DVC guests get free parking? Our last trip we ended up staying in one of the beach towns. We figured it would be nice to get away from Anaheim and since parking is charged at nearly all the local hotels, we might as well just drive in and park(our beach hotel did not charge for parking and we got breakfast free).

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Unlike WDW, DLR has a ton of good offerings.
And no meaningful on-site benefits. Early entry is nice but if you spend a few days there you will get done what you want with or without it. And the locals don’t exactly stream in at rope drop anyway. Other than a RSR, ROTR, and to a lesser extent a few others, the park is still dead the first regular hour.

It’s also not that hard to get a convention rate for DLH or even GCH if you know the right conventions 🤫

CastAStone

Premium Member
I was really excited for this but it turns out there’s a less than 0% chance I will buy this direct. Maybe in a few years if the huge MFs and taxes kill the resale value I’ll pick something small up cheap.

correcaminos

Yeah, I was excited to see more DL offerings for DVC owners, but this is not so good. One question I had, do DVC guests get free parking? Our last trip we ended up staying in one of the beach towns. We figured it would be nice to get away from Anaheim and since parking is charged at nearly all the local hotels, we might as well just drive in and park(our beach hotel did not charge for parking and we got breakfast free).
It has been in the past been offered for free self parking at VGC if staying on points. I'd guess same for VDH
And no meaningful on-site benefits. Early entry is nice but if you spend a few days there you will get done what you want with or without it. And the locals don’t exactly stream in at rope drop anyway. Other than a RSR, ROTR, and to a lesser extent a few others, the park is still dead the first regular hour.

It’s also not that hard to get a convention rate for DLH or even GCH if you know the right conventions 🤫
Yes! DLR is different all around. I really enjoyed my stay at GCH, but it wasn't required. This has me salty. I'd sooner blow points at a resort than pay high points and extra tax. But chances of me going to CA soon isn't strong right now anyway (physical issues with flying cross country at the moment)

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Talked to a guide today and I expressed my frustration with the transient tax. There was a well reasoned explanation for it and my impression from the listening is that they're hearing this feedback a lot. Part of explanation is that it's an Anaheim thing, and my impression from that DVD has had feedback blaming Disney.

I asked about incentives and of course was told that there are none right now, but the interesting nugget was that if there were to be invective they/we wouldn't know until May 2. This is congruent with an email saying that finance and payment sheets are not yet available. My impression from all of that is that they've not yet ruled out incentives and that things are in Flux. Maybe with the tax feedback we'll see some incentive.

CastAStone

Premium Member
Talked to a guide today and I expressed my frustration with the transient tax. There was a well reasoned explanation for it and my impression from the listening is that they're hearing this feedback a lot. Part of explanation is that it's an Anaheim thing, and my impression from that DVD has had feedback blaming Disney.

I asked about incentives and of course was told that there are none right now, but the interesting nugget was that if there were to be invective they/we wouldn't know until May 2. This is congruent with an email saying that finance and payment sheets are not yet available. My impression from all of that is that they've not yet ruled out incentives and that things are in Flux. Maybe with the tax feedback we'll see some incentive.
I think they’ll almost certainly offer an incentive to existing DVC owners during the presale period that starts May 2. I am less certain they’ll have an incentive when it opens to everyone.

Probably depends how the presale goes.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I think they’ll almost certainly offer an incentive to existing DVC owners during the presale period that starts May 2. I am less certain they’ll have an incentive when it opens to everyone.

Probably depends how the presale goes.
I've expected the same but was just surprised they've don't have the info available right now reaching out to members. They'd be a lot more effective reaching out with any incentive.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster

The transient tax is an Anaheim thing. And the way it’s now calculated is also an Anaheim thing, which is why it’s so much higher than the tax for VGC.

However the decision to make it payable at the point of check-in is surely a DVC thing. It would make the dues much higher than VGC so they’ve decided to make it payable at check-in - which is the case at Aulani too. My guess is that’s the main reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom