'Villains Unleashed' hard ticketed event coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios in August

And I'm not really sure if this is true or not, but somebody on Twitter is saying that Guests are getting free Mickey's Not So Very Scary Halloween Party tickets from Guest Services to make up for Villains Unleashed!

Next Big Thing

The Oogie Boogie show did look like it was ok (and actually slightly risque for WDW), but other than that, i've heard nothing but complaints all night from the event.

There's no right way to do an event like this, especially at a park like DHS, which has terrible ride capacity. When the main focus of the event is on limited capacity M&G's, it doesn't matter how much planning goes into it, it's going to be a **** show. And there's only 3-4 rides in the park anyone cares about doing beyond the M&G's, so if people aren't standing in lines, they're pretty much just clogging up the streets. It's a recipe for disaster.

Matt_Black

I thought this new muppet film was a flop according to that panther fellow. Why was the line for Constantine so long?

Hold on, let me use my crystal ball and channel the essence of Magenta Panther...

*AHEM*

Because those people in the line are immature, easily amused peons! They don't have sophisticated tastes! I hate fun and merriment! Christmas is cancelled! DIE MUPPETS DIE!

*shakes off*

Whew! Not doing that again.

tenchikiss

The only thing that seems to have improved this year from last year is that people were able to get to the park this time. Just reading online of course but the main problem seems to be that the characters were taking BREAKS not being switched out. Like how does Disney do that? I know the Maleficent from the movie is special but the others? Throw someone else in the suit and have at it. These characters should not be on break at all. The cast members yes.

merry68

Was there.. Got to DHS around 7ish. We walked around a bit, headed back towards Sunset Blvd and RnRC and ToT were walkon. Headed to TSM and walked on. Spent some time on SOA and near SW area looking at roaming characters. Then we headed into the Galaxy dance party and met Starlord and Gamora, was in there about 25mim.
Went back to event merch and picked up pins, at that point everything else was sold out but we aren't Tshirt people and a water bottle? No thanks. The CMs there said there was a lot of anger. We noticed extremely long lines for drinks but we don't drink alcohol so that didn't impact us.

We left around midnite and got the goody bag and autograph sheet but when we got back to the resort I read that they ran out of goody bags?? Not sure if this is true??

It was ok, but the trouble was around 11pm when M&G lines closed and the few attractions started to close at 11:30.

Today was our travel day so jet lag forced us out a bit earlier than we had hoped. It was ok, not great. It could've been spectacular but TDO doesn't get it. Why? Oaken frozen trading post was BUSY, people buying so much frozen, during this villain event. I bet the frozen shop brought in the bucks and that's all that matters. Greed.

YodaMan

Just got back home. Chilled in the park until 1:15ish. My final thoughts are that it was good overall and could have been great. The crowds started to clear and once they did everything was fine. The first three hours were hell but the final two made up for it. They started to do what they could on the fly. Cruella was set up on Streets of America and they extended her sets AND somehow added a second Cruella to the dance party at the main stage (she was never scheduled to appear there). Bowler Hat Guy was also a villain that had a line, but once his line was gone and he finished his sets for the night, he still came back out and joined the "Wandering Villains." And even though they cut the lines for almost everyone, they later reopened them. Walked right up to Hamsterviel. And here's an obligatory pic of the GotG crew. They need to get a meet-and-greet together ASAP.
10520519_10203464563469257_7302207384278139341_n.jpg

PhotoDave219

So I spent my evening at the boardwalk.

I talked with people who had left the party and we're going back to the room. About 15 people in total… About 12 positive and three negative. It really seems like what you were interested in and what you were expecting going into determine how your night went.

For example, if you were looking to see every ultra rare villain known to man time didn't get your photo with him… That's just not realistic. He was seen throughout the course of the night you can see about 1000 people per character. 12,000 tickets sold. There's no way you're going to see everybody. To expect otherwise is rather ignorant.

The people I talk to who were not interested in meeting characters, they seem to have a great time.

So from what I can gather with talking to a very small sample and friends online, it's really what you made of the night.

PhotoDave219

George K was there at the event. I saw him.

I decided to save my money for a different Halloween event later this year…

So in talking with some of the guests that were walking back to the boardwalk, a few of them mentioned that all of the T-shirts for the night event had been sold prior to the event starting. With merchandise being put out as early as 5 o'clock. Have you heard anything or can confirm if this actually happens?

dreamfinder912

Tonight was, at least for me, amazing. I knew going in there was absolutely no way to see -everyone- there was just too much going on. The organization today was a thousand times better than last year, and everyone seemed to be having a much better time. I, unlike most people grumbling and complaining it seems, read the map and knew to get food before 11. By then I was already wandering around and bumping into all sorts of different characters. I think the alcohol was intentionally difficult to get, limiting the amount people could actually consume during the event. The merch situation, again, maybe I've just been going to too many concerts and festivals, but this stuff isn't popping out of a magic bag. They weren't limiting anyone, so of course they sold out. If you waited until 11 to try and get your tee shirt for an event that let you in at 5...it's still Disney's fault for running out, but really you had plenty of time to get there. I honestly don't get why people would try and get a refund for this....

dreamfinder912

Merchandise for the event was sold at least an hour before the event started and you didn't have to show credentials to purchase, either. So while some people that didn't purchase tickets to the event got to buy merchandise, some others that did purchase a ticket didn't get to buy merchandise because it sold out well before the event was over.

Maybe they stopped checking later in the night, but I bought my merch early (6ish) and they checked everyone as you got in line, and as you actually made your purchase.

Magenta Panther

I thought this new muppet film was a flop according to that panther fellow. Why was the line for Constantine so long?

Not just according to me, but to every news outlet that commented on the film's box office.

I imagine the lines were long for just about all of the Villains, no matter how obscure. Me, I wouldn't stand in line for Mickey Mouse, much less any of the Villain characters. I don't get the appeal of meeting someone in a costume. Especially if you're an adult. But whatever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom