Villains to be Removed from Celebrate Dreams Come True Parade

tecowdw

FYI...Within the next month, the villains float, as well as the villain "party-goers" and all villain characters, will be removed from the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade at the Magic Kingdom. Thoughts??
In the parade, I don't think it matters that much. There really isn't a "story" to the parade that requires a good 'n evil kind of link.

It would be tragic if they removed them from shows, such as Fantasmic! and Dream Along With Mickey. They are an integral part of the whole story. I also think it would take away from SpectroMagic without villains.

dizpins14

Keep the float. Cut the street dancers; put them in costume. Put some of the smaller gift floats from the day parade in their place. Problem solved.

jrh1985

Would this have anything to with the CADCT reverse test that took place on March 10?

Do we know anymore about which way CADCT will be going?

Will we be getting a new float?

As far as I know this change has nothing to do with the reverse route of day parade. We first heard a strong rumor about the cut about a month ago...so it was that big of a shock.

Mecha Figment

it's simple the float and it's characters don't fit the theme or the idea the parade is trying to say. It's not going away it will be back at halloween.

DVillain

OK....This is probably the most upseting thing on these boards in a while. I am the one of the biggest villains fans and feel they already don't get enough attention outside of the halloween party(which is why we never miss mnsshp). I am also an avid fan of disney parades and enjoy CDTC alot. I was very upset when i heard they were changing the parade but keeping the same floats and taking away the fur characters but i would much rather have the villains than to see stitch(which is my favorite character) or the hundred acre wood friends move around in the street. The only way that i would be okay is if they get their own themed meet n greet area in the park or show. I am sooooo angry and things like this will be why i may not be renewing my pass next year. disney really needs to THINK about what they do and how it will effect them.

OK....This is probably the most upseting thing on these boards in a while. I am the one of the biggest villains fans and feel they already don't get enough attention outside of the halloween party(which is why we never miss mnsshp). I am also an avid fan of disney parades and enjoy CDTC alot. I was very upset when i heard they were changing the parade but keeping the same floats and taking away the fur characters but i would much rather have the villains than to see stitch(which is my favorite character) or the hundred acre wood friends move around in the street. The only way that i would be okay is if they get their own themed meet n greet area in the park or show. I am sooooo angry and things like this will be why i may not be renewing my pass next year. disney really needs to THINK about what they do and how it will effect them.

Oh I completely agree with you. I already posted my thoughts about how upset I am. My family and I visit WDW a few times a year. We were planning to go to WDW in May and August- well not any more. We’re considering going to Disneyland and then going back to Florida to do the Cruise for a week, this August instead. I know this must sound ridiculous- all this because of a float? For me it’s more than a float, it’s the nonsense that goes on in Disney’s board rooms. I’ve been upset over their cuts and change of plans, but I never complained. This really just pushed me over the edge. That was my magic, and it’s gone. They’ve lost a two week stay, for a family of four, at the Grand Floridian CL because of this. I know it really doesn’t matter, but I’m just very upset over this.

I understand their reasoning, but I rather the dancers replaced with Fur characters than to cut a float. The parade is already showing its age- does it really need another cut. In all honesty the Villain float was one of the best looking floats. I hate the base on the Aladdin float, and Peter Pan’s float, is in my op, an eyesore. What we really need is a new parade, but there’s better chance of Beastly Kingdom breaking ground tomorrow in the AK.

JustPlainBill

I am a Disney villain fan...I would much rather see Captain Hook than Donald Duck anyday!
My kids, however, are not villain fans and would be just as happy to not see them at all, sad really,...maybe they'll change their minds when they get older, they think I'm a freak anyway!
I don't even know how old that castle float is? I remember first seeing it in the WDW 15 year anniversary parade in 1987, and was surprised to see it still being used last summer.

drew81

I'd be much happier if they removed the villains from TDO ... they do far more evil in an afternoon then their character breathren in a foamhead parade!

~Playing the Evil Queen: Phil Holmes!~

Who would play Maleficent? Erin or Meg?

DVillain

Does anyone know the official last day of the villain unit. I am going to make a one day trip down there and my family and i are going to make homemade villain shirts to wear to show our love of the villains. If anyone could tell me the last day of the villain unit it would be greatly appreciated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom