Villain Con (Minions) ride to replace Shrek 4-D (rumor)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Defending disney to the death and bashing universal is your MO? and i just thought you were blind...now i know you just pander.
Ignoring all my critical posts of Disney and posts praising Universal attractions (Spider-Man, Gringotts), now I know: You cherry pick data to support your willful ignorance.

matt9112

Ignoring all my critical posts of Disney and posts praising Universal attractions (Spider-Man, Gringotts), now I know: You cherry pick data to support your willful ignorance.

Your posts were very....trolly....its not like you were making a nuisanced point perfering this or that. So it came across very trollish. So i responded to it like that. I don't defend all of universals actions etc.

Example i hate how many show buildings universal simply does not try to hide. Finally rode mystical creatues this weekend and theres a ships ladder and such in plain view during que.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Your posts were very....trolly....its not like you were making a nuisanced point perfering this or that. So it came across very trollish. So i responded to it like that. I don't defend all of universals actions etc.

Example i hate how many show buildings universal simply does not try to hide. Finally rode mystical creatues this weekend and theres a ships ladder and such in plain view during que.

Even Universal fans didn't want a minion take-over, so, that was the joke.

Here's what I said about EU...
I do hope Comcast can build a complete and great theme park and do it soon. But I also know just how difficult that would be for them or any company. Just look at how Disney scaled back the Epcot refurbishment projects and the 50th Anniversary plans.

WDW will have at least 56 rides by the time EU is built. Plus a world's fair, a zoo, and a slew of shows, and several nighttime spectaculars.

UO has 26 rides... let's call it 28 by the time EU is built. EU will have 10 rides (let's add two for optimistic surprises). That's 40 rides. Compared to 56.

WDW will be ahead of Uni for a long time.

It's good that Universal is starting to catch up, and I hope they do well. But it won't affect WDW.

And here's what I said recently about Disney...

To be fair, almost all merch that Disney creates looks like cheap droppings to me.

Making fun of how small the addition to Woody's Lunchbox is...
Wow. That will be able to accommodate severals of people!

Casper Gutman

Since Villain Con is coming they might as well change Production Central as well. They could make it all Despicable Me or Illuminations.
I don’t think Universal views the two entryway Despicable Me attractions as long-term solutions, so I doubt they’d make them the centerpiece of a larger redesign. I think the entrance area does get redesigned within ten years, but I suspect both attractions are removed and/or replaced when it does.

JT3000

I don’t think Universal views the two entryway Despicable Me attractions as long-term solutions, so I doubt they’d make them the centerpiece of a larger redesign. I think the entrance area does get redesigned within ten years, but I suspect both attractions are removed and/or replaced when it does.
I'm going to try not to be all doom & gloom about this attraction since I don't know what the finished product will look like, but just based on the concept, it definitely feels like a more temporary solution than usual. I think redesigning the park entrance while also keeping those two spaces viable for attraction use would be difficult, but who knows, maybe the park will have expanded by then and they'll be needed less.

Casper Gutman

I'm going to try not to be all doom & gloom about this attraction since I don't know what the finished product will look like, but just based on the concept, it definitely feels like a more temporary solution than usual. I think redesigning the park entrance while also keeping those two spaces viable for attraction use would be difficult, but who knows, maybe the park will have expanded by then and they'll be needed less.
I think as soon as EU is open the Studios will see a meaningful expansion. It will be the only one of the three parks with a significant amount of room to build out and the one clearly in need of work - Universal knows the Studios has a screenz problem.

matt9112

I think as soon as EU is open the Studios will see a meaningful expansion. It will be the only one of the three parks with a significant amount of room to build out and the one clearly in need of work - Universal knows the Studios has a screenz problem.

And just age....sure some of it will remain for HHN but the whole soundstage look and vibe needs to be killed off. Make a proper "main street" i feel like some rendition of hollywood studios entry would fit great. The vibe when you go over toward the spectacular should be much more evident in the main entry. Its always been wierd to me how some sections of the park like new york and san fran look so good yet that main boulevard between rip ride and shrek etc is all bland and soubdatagey.

Frankenstein79

I'm surprised you would say that. Because Despicable Me seems to be one of the more profitable IP's right now.

Casper Gutman

I'm surprised you would say that. Because Despicable Me seems to be one of the more profitable IP's right now.
Oh, I think Despicable Me will still have a major presence at the resort. It’s popularity deserves a land. But Mayhem - and particularly the ride system - are VERY long in the tooth, and I don’t think Uni sees the new Shrek replacement as a long-term solution. I think a new entryway - and new Despicable rides elsewhere - are likely.

As for the entry areas studio soundstage look, I actually think that’s very apt and perhaps even necessary for a theme park with Unis heritage. I’d love a new Art Deco entry, but the faux-studio look needs to remain somewhere in the park.

Frankenstein79

Oh, I think Despicable Me will still have a major presence at the resort. It’s popularity deserves a land. But Mayhem - and particularly the ride system - are VERY long in the tooth, and I don’t think Uni sees the new Shrek replacement as a long-term solution. I think a new entryway - and new Despicable rides elsewhere - are likely.

As for the entry areas studio soundstage look, I actually think that’s very apt and perhaps even necessary for a theme park with Unis heritage. I’d love a new Art Deco entry, but the faux-studio look needs to remain somewhere in the park.

Yeah, that makes sense. They could always put it in the Fievel's playland section or Epic Universe.

The only thing that makes me believe they won't change Minions is their track record. Universal has always used the same ride system for this area. First it was Hanna Barbera, then Jimmy Neutron and now Minions.

lazyboy97o

Minion Mayhem has now been replicated multiple times using the ride system in place at Universal Studios Florida, most recently at Universal Studios Beijing. An entirely new park largely using someone else’s money wasn’t enough for them to develop a new ride so it seems doubtful they’d bother in Florida.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Minion Mayhem has now been replicated multiple times using the ride system in place at Universal Studios Florida, most recently at Universal Studios Beijing. An entirely new park largely using someone else’s money wasn’t enough for them to develop a new ride so it seems doubtful they’d bother in Florida.
personally I’d love to see a despicable me ride with animatronic and sets like the pets ride in Hollywood replace minion mayhem. It would make sense for universals biggest franchise besides Jurassic world. Plus they can add all of the characters from the sequels as well.

Jphaddad96

I wish they'd bring back the 3D glasses to Minion Mayhem. It doesn't work so well without them.

Totally agree with this. Minion Mayhem it's funny without glasses, but with them, before the ride get it off it was one of my favorite USF rides...

I read that new permits confirms that a moving walkway attraction it's going to replace de Shrek 4D, so the rumours may be true...

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Totally agree with this. Minion Mayhem it's funny without glasses, but with them, before the ride get it off it was one of my favorite USF rides...

I read that new permits confirms that a moving walkway attraction it's going to replace de Shrek 4D, so the rumours may be true...
I agree the 3d glasses made minion mayhem a fun ride. I hope the villain con attraction will be good. It’s annoying though how universals 2nd biggest franchise has a old simulator ride and now a moving walkway as their attractions at the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom