Villain Con (Minions) ride to replace Shrek 4-D (rumor)

Cmdr_Crimson

The park is a joke with Islands next door in my opinion, much of Studios is mediocre screen based rides that overall harm the park’s image.

My main take away from this though is perhaps far down the line Universal may decide two shooters in one park is redundant - opening a pathway to Men in Black closing
I guess "Ride The Movies" isn't what it's cracked up to be anymore..

OG Runner

Siri - Which ride has the highest GS scores in the park outside of the Potterland?
Oh? Men in Black?
Note to self guests like shooters......
Minion shooter? - Synergy!
It sounds very cool. Does anyone know how you will shoot? My understanding is that there
will not be a ride vehicle.

OG Runner

I have to question when it's taking place in..During the 60's or today? The reason as that the Gru's villians Vector and Balthazar Bratt are shown and Scarlett Overkill, Strong Hold and Nun- Chuck are Minion Villians..
You are actually time traveling, just so all of Gru & the Minions villans can show up to be shot at.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You know where a super villain land would fit? Right next to a super hero land. Imagine if comics land island became all things Minions/Gru.

As long as that island remains a bastion of forgotten IP, all the other updating Uni does looks foolish to me.

Disney parks fans hate it when the wrong IP (or any IP) is put in the wrong place. And Uni slavishly copies Disney by doing the same thing.

So, toss out all things Shrek, which remains a popular internet meme and keep holding on to a land's IP where you can be reminded of Gasoline Alley and Shoe.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

The park is a joke with Islands next door in my opinion, much of Studios is mediocre screen based rides that overall harm the park’s image.

My main take away from this though is perhaps far down the line Universal may decide two shooters in one park is redundant - opening a pathway to Men in Black closing
With Universal pivoting towards their own in house IP ditching MIB to cease paying licensing fees to Sony makes sense. But I am ok if parks have two types of shooter or interactive dark rides in the same park as long as they have their own unique flavor. DCA has both Midway Mania and Web Slingers and I would not be shocked if the eventual land that replaces Hollywood land at DCA has an interactive shooter ride on the scale of Midway Mania and Web Slingers.

matt9112

With Universal pivoting towards their own in house IP ditching MIB to cease paying licensing fees to Sony makes sense. But I am ok if parks have two types of shooter or interactive dark rides in the same park as long as they have their own unique flavor. DCA has both Midway Mania and Web Slingers and I would not be shocked if the eventual land that replaces Hollywood land at DCA has an interactive shooter ride on the scale of Midway Mania and Web Slingers.
Honestly after epic the studios park legitimately deserves to be rebuilt . Identity crisis.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Honestly after epic the studios park legitimately deserves to be rebuilt . Identity crisis.
Totally. One of the areas they should focus on is The Simpsons. they are already rumors that USH's will close in 2024. In addition there were rumors of WBD and NBCU merging so they will have lots of IP to choose from if it does happen. One of then lands could be a Hannah Barbara/ WB animation land. That could replace the Fear Factor stage, MIB and Simpsons.

JT3000

They gut all the stores and ditch the service alley you could have an Eticket there.....
They wouldn't go that route, because they're also setting aside a portion of the building for HHN. I think people need to be realistic about what this new attraction is meant to be. It's basically something new just for the sake of something new, a stopgap until Epic opens, not a headliner by any means.
Maybe but they don’t need E tickets right there. What they need to do is tear down the entire Simpsons land and the entire rip ride rock it (and the stage) and build something far better. The park is going to be a joke once epic opens.
Nothing is going to fit where Rockit is except another coaster with a similar layout. Tear down the concert stage and you've just gutted Mardi Gras.
I said this before but the biggest tragedy of this is having the literal entrance of the park be a minions land. It’s just… lame. It’s not a good look to walk straight into that. I wish they could reposition the entrance so that “Hollywood” is the intended main direction once inside the gate.
You could always just turn right. There is no "main direction."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom