Villain Con (Minions) ride to replace Shrek 4-D (rumor)

TheDisneyParksfanC8

If they retheme the area- what happens to Rockit, Music Plaza and Monsters Cafe?
It is possible. all other universal parks have a much bigger Despicable me presence than Orlando currently does. I think this new Minion attraction is the first step to rectify that. Another route they could go is to expand into the soundstages behind Rip ride rocket and do an Illumination land. Hollywood already has an Illumination Mini Land and Orlando with their greater space could build on that concept.

celluloid

It is possible. all other universal parks have a much bigger Despicable me presence than Orlando currently does. I think this new Minion attraction is the first step to rectify that. Another route they could go is to expand into the soundstages behind Rip ride rocket and do an Illumination land. Hollywood already has an Illumination Mini Land and Orlando with their greater space could build on that concept.

Don't forget Orlando is where It is also 1/4th of the parade which has its own unit that becomes daily show dance parties.

I imagine Production Central will become Illumination central to some degree, however, it would be nice to have variety. I am wondering if the new minions attraction can somehow incorporate other properties. A tour through Illumination Animation perhaps?

Cmdr_Crimson

When I seen Shrek 4D back in the Spring of 2015, the chairs were so loud that it actually drowned out the dialogue in the main show. Was the rocking chairs always that loud?
The air compressors must've had issues...This is why the one's used at the Dreamworks theater at USH uses the 4DX theater chairs and if they decide to move it to the former Barney theater it would be a better option than a dance show...

JT3000

Paint the coaster yellow for the new Bip Bopit Banana Coaster.

Then you have Minions Plaza where every half hour there's a dance party to the likes of "Happy Together" and "Happy"!!

And don't forget Minsters Café, in which Universal's Classic Monsters are reimagined as Minions!!

Then finally, the coaster fits thematically!

Angry Gordon Ramsay GIF by Gordon Ramsay's 24 Hours to Hell and Back

TheDisneyParksfanC8

The air compressors must've had issues...This is why the one's used at the Dreamworks theater at USH uses the 4DX theater chairs and if they decide to move it to the former Barney theater it would be a better option than a dance show...
That is what I was thinking. If they wanted to do the DreamWorks theatre in Orlando they could demo the Barney spot and put it there. Then they could re theme Woody's coaster and use the space from Fievel's and Curious George boat rides for a dark ride (Trolls anyone?)

Cmdr_Crimson

That is what I was thinking. If they wanted to do the DreamWorks theatre in Orlando they could demo the Barney spot and put it there. Then they could re theme Woody's coaster and use the space from Fievel's and Curious George boat rides for a dark ride (Trolls anyone?)
I'd suggest looking at my post about what should happen to Kidzone..

Disneyhead'71

I mean, have you been around this forum? The Disney sections are like 90% negativity. We're allowed to be negative about bad things at Universal too. And I wasn't wrong - Shrek 4D was a terrible embarrassment and a Minions replacement is not much better.
I thought Shrek 4D was a bad attraction with a great pre-show. So losing it I think is a plus. But I think it is way to early to discuss the Villain-con shooting gallery's success. So much depends on execution. It wouldn't take much to make it better than TSMM. Some practical set pieces in front of the screens to give some depth instead of using 3D glasses would be better.

All I am saying is let's wait until we see what UC comes up with before judging. Now if it opens and it looks like a moving walkway through the big screen isle at Best Buy, have at it.

Tom Morrow

I mean the attraction could be good, sure. I just feel like its a property that everyone has moved on from and is going to induce eye rolling. Kids don't care about Despicable Me because it's just one dozens of recurring CGI films being cranked out and it gets lost in the noise. Adults are mostly sick to death of the minions after seeing them everywhere for 12 years (has it really been that long? Wow!).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom