Village Haus has burgers no more

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Figaro Fries are currently still offered - when the restaurant goes full italian their fate is currently unknown.

Ducky_Love

sillyspook13 said:
I was thinking the same thing.... No more $3 meal! :cry:

It isn't even that.. they are just really yummy! I haven't found anything else like them in the park or outside. I hope they keep them on the menu somewhere..

diddy_mouse

Mouse's Magic said:
If they take away the Figaro Fries, me and Mickey will throw down! :fork:

i hear that! that's what i had for lunch everytime i went there during my last trip. gotta love those fries! :slurp:

MissM

MKCP 1985 said:
miss m - I swear to you the burgers at Pinocchio and the burgers at Pecos Bill (and the burgers at Cosmic Ray's) are THE SAME! :lol: :slurp: :lol:
I know, but *whines* I hate the setting of Cosmic Ray's. It's always loud and crowded. I admit, I've never eaten over at Pecos Bills. Unlike MGM which has utterly nasty burgers, all the MK ones and the ones at the American Pavillion in Epcot are the same yummy ones I love.

It's just the setting and tradition of going and getting lunch at the Haus while waiting for our Philharmagic fastpass and it being so nice and centrally located.... *sighs and sniffles*

I'll just have to get my burger at Cosmic Rays and carry it over to eat at the Haus. I love sitting upstairs and watching Fantasyland. It's just tradition!
-m

Figment1986

Hmm.. Pizza & IASW loading.. thats a great combo... Now i everyone must "walk" around the park to get dinner.... brunch.... whatever...

crazycalf

They better keep Figaro Fries.

A fast food version of Italian does not sound like something I will ever try.
The pizza is already bad enough in WDW are they going to be serving Chef Boy R Dee now too. (sorry I'm from NJ and work in NYC the pizza is not very good in WDW compared to here)

Nansafan

crazycalf said:

The pizza is already bad enough in WDW are they going to be serving Chef Boy R Dee now too. (sorry I'm from NJ and work in NYC the pizza is not very good in WDW compared to here)

Being from Chicago, I totally agree with you on the pizza statement as well as fast food Italian food. I guess we in Chicago, New York, and Boston are really spoiled that way. I also agree on the Figaro Fries. This was the best quick meal I've had. When we have a late dinner PS, The Village Haus is always a late lunch spot to grab some Figaro Fries and a drink.

Though it was not a habit of our group to get pizza from the old Tomorrowland Terrace place, I do agree that it's a good idea for WDW to have pizza somewhere in the MK. If only it tasted like real pizza, that would be awesome!

TTATraveler

crazycalf said:

Yeah, fast food italian in Disney isn't all that appetizing. The last time I had it, was at Epcot when I belive it was called the Sunshine Terrace was operating. This area later became Pizza Pizzaz or something along those lines. The food was so gross:hurl:

tomm4004

mellie882 said:
But, considering how theming is so important at Disney, it feels weird to eat traditional Asian cuisine in the world of tomorrow and Italian food in a bavarian haus.
Regarding Asian cuisine, maybe Disney knows something about the future. Certainly their business future seems to be in Asia with a new park in HK and more possibly on the way in China or India.

Regarding the Long Nosed one, the story does take place in Italy and the Sudtirol of northeastern Italy looks distinctly German/Austrian.

Besides, are hamburgs German? I have relatives who live in Hamburg, Germany. Many years ago (1974) one son (college age) and his friends came to Canada to go camping. We threw them a BBQ assuming they ate hamburgers - I mean they come from Hamburg. They put the relish, ketchup and mustard on top of the bun! They'd never seen a burger before.

weluvtink

crazycalf said:

I totally agree with you. When we do order pizza in WDW I try not to think about how much better it is at home. I don't think this change will matter much during our trips. We visit Fantasyland first and by the time we're done there the Village Haus still hasn't opened yet. We usually eat at Pecos Bills. :slurp:

Epcot82Guy

Can't speak to NY and NJ, but those of you from Chicagoland obviously do not venture up to Six Flags much if you are griping about Disney's pizza. Try Great America's (well, actually, don't try...). I will admit nothing holds a candle to a good slice of Gino's East or Chitown, but Disney's pizza really isn't that bad for Theme Park pizza. I also think, considering the way their food trends have been going, that this may be a different form of Italian. Note that none of the food shop offerings have been "traditional theme park food" as of recently. They really may be trying to up quality of offerings and food even more. But, we'll see...

As for Universal's pizza, I've never tried it. But, I can't imagine anything being that good when it is doused in Universal's trademark "trying too hard to compete with a company by jabbing at it left and right instead of creating our own product" and a hint of "if we steal this idea, we can make it 'better' and then make fun of our competitors for it." :hurl:

(Sorry NemoRocks. Had to take the swipe back the other way. Really don't intend AT ALL that this drift into a Universal-Disney War thread ;) )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom