Village Haus has burgers no more

TinkerBell9988

Woo hoo! Bring back the Italian food to the MK!

I am very happy at this news. I miss the pizza at the Plaza Pavillion (even though they changed it about two years ago, and IMHO, it was not as good as the original), and I am pretty sure that they will do a good job with it at Pinocchio's. I miss the Adventureland Veranda burger (although I do not remember the place that much, I do remember the food :slurp: ) and the Pasta Piazza at EPCOT... They had the BEST Eggplant and Chicken Parmagianas and the coolest "Mickey" pizza, until of course, they changed it about a year before the place closed to the generic "circle shaped" pizza. Oh, how I miss those days!

Pinocchio is Italian, anyway... :animwink:

MKCustodial

sillyspook13 said:
I always get my hot dogs (sorry, don't care for burgers) at Pecos. They have the best condiment bar!!! :sohappy:

For hot dogs, you go to Casey's. Hmmm...

Man, this topic is torture!

Yukinon

Huck said:
OK, so the burgers are allright, but c'mon...

Am I the only one that makes Mushroom, onion and pickle salads off of the fixings bar? Seriously, empty the burger out onto a napkin and get a big mound of fixins in the paper boat and a fork!!
Mmmmm, Mmmmm I can taste it right now!

Tell me I'm not the only poor fool who does this!?!

My grandma does that in America at Epcot :D

Personally I am happy to see this because I did indeed cry when I heard about the changes going on in the Plaza Pavilion/New Tomorrowland Noodle Station thing.

And if you guys think Disney has bad food you obviously have never been to Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio - their pizza tastes like paper, no lie! The burgers are always undercooked, french fries consistently limp... Everything you try there is disgusting and not edible but you eat it anyhow!

speck76

mellie882 said:
Between the new Tomorrowland Terrace noodle bowls and now pizza, I can finally eat in the Magic Kingdom! But, considering how theming is so important at Disney, it feels weird to eat traditional Asian cuisine in the world of tomorrow and Italian food in a bavarian haus.

Pinnochio as a story originated in Italy......therefore, Italian food makes a bit more sense.

I hope the new concept is more like Pizzafari, and not like the crap that was served at Tomorrowland Terrace

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
speck76 said:
Pinnochio as a story originated in Italy......therefore, Italian food makes a bit more sense.

I hope the new concept is more like Pizzafari, and not like the crap that was served at Tomorrowland Terrace

Theres no such thing as good Italian food on Disney. I dont think theres a place ive tried Id go back to. Mama Melroses being the worst.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
MKCustodial said:
Not even Tony's?

No sorry, perhaps its having lived in Italy for 3 1/2 years thats made me fussy, or perhaps it was the birds that were flying all over the reaturant cr@pping everywhere. :dazzle:

I did have a nice pasta dish at the california grill,

MiRi

crazycalf said:
A fast food version of Italian does not sound like something I will ever try.

In Atlanta, we like going to eat at this place called Fazoli's. They have it in other places too. It's pretty much fast food Italian but it's sooooo good. It doesn't taste like it's "fast food". My boyfriend is really picky and he loves that place.

alya922

I know some people seem to be jumping up and down because of this, but I have to admit I am not. This was the only place I'd eat a burger on the whole Disney campus! Boo to no more burgers!

PhotoDave219

jsfra209 said:
So, they wont be serving burgers from May 6-22nd, but then will start serving them again? or no?

Uh, No. They're removing them from the menu, and replacing it with Pizza. Burgers will still be available at Peco's Bills and Cosmic Ray's.

Fried Fish & Fried Chicken at Columbia Harbor House. El Pirataico (sp?) still open seasonally during the lunch crowds (If its open now, i have no idea) serving Mexican food and Tomoroland Terrace Noodle shop serving Chinese Food. (Along with Soup, Sandwitches, kosher food and Chicken also at Cosmic Rays)

Looks overall that you can get anything you want at the MK now.

MKCustodial

PhotoDave219 said:
Looks overall that you can get anything you want at the MK now.

Which, incidentally, is great, because the bigger argument I have with the wife when we plan a future trip is exactly that: food. She can't see herself surviving 10 to 12 days on junk food alone. Now she has more choices, especially since she loves them noodles and soup.

If all the parks follow suit, there'll be no more arguments at the Roddy Abode. :sohappy:

Oh, who am I kidding, it's so the Julia Abode... I have no saying whatsoever... :cry:

Zed

Hope they offer the little side of a couple of breadsticks and sauce like Tomorrowland Terrace did. I miss that little snack from both MK and Epcot,
and really miss the chicken sandwiches that could be found at most of the quick services places at WDW.

I agree with NemoRocks, that's some pretty good pizza at Louie's at USF, and Fantastic 4 Cafe at IoA.

shoppingnut

MiRi said:
In Atlanta, we like going to eat at this place called Fazoli's. They have it in other places too. It's pretty much fast food Italian but it's sooooo good. It doesn't taste like it's "fast food". My boyfriend is really picky and he loves that place.

There is a Fazoli's in Orlando, it is located on Rte 192 not too far passed the Walmart. They have the best garlic breaksticks and frozen pie, yumm.

I never eat the burgers in any of the parks because they are totally overcooked for my taste. If I can't see lots of pink, you can forget it, I don't want some dried up piece of leather that I'll be forced to cover in BBQ sauce just to get it down.

I can't imagine what "Italian Food" they could be considering, but the pizza is awful at Disney, I guess being from NYC makes me very picky about my pizza. Garlic breadsticks would be nice.

I was so glad that they added the 1/4 chicken at Cosmic Ray's because it is about the only thing I will eat at MK counter service aside from the peanut butter & jelly sandwich. And the last time we were at Cosmic Ray's they told me they discontinued the PB&J, does anyone know where they are selling them now?

barnum42

MKCustodial said:
Which, incidentally, is great, because the bigger argument I have with the wife when we plan a future trip is exactly that: food. She can't see herself surviving 10 to 12 days on junk food alone. Now she has more choices, especially since she loves them noodles and soup.

If all the parks follow suit, there'll be no more arguments at the Roddy Abode. :sohappy:
Animal Kingdom and Epcot have a nice variety of non-burger meals, so it's just The Studios that need to catch up now :sohappy:

speck76

PhotoDave219 said:
El Pirataico (sp?) still open seasonally during the lunch crowds (If its open now, i have no idea)

It is not currently open.

It is usually open Summers and Holdays from 11am-4pm

barnum42

speck76 said:
It is not currently open.

It is usually open Summers and Holdays from 11am-4pm
Which is a shame as I really liked the taco salad they do there, good value and tasty. Not to mention that is was not a burger :lol:

jmuboy

The MGM Studios will be offering a Mediterranean menu at the new Studio Catering Co. location when it reopens this week.

As for the MK's recent menu changes, I think they are great. It's the attraction changes that the MK is messing up with ;-)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom