VIDEO - New live entertainment act TradNation debuts at Epcot's Canada Pavilion

The Empress Lilly

Dude, this is celtic/irish music they are playing. it weird they are playing in Canada. Even the step dancing they are doing, the flute the snare drum..I grew up on celtic music and attended many a nieces irish step dancing classes...its screaming irish music here is this group in the correct world showcase pavilion. I'm not Canadian but they belong in a Irish pub while we chatter over a pint.
All and all, give em a chance, Ya'll are still bitter that boring off kilter are gone or something?
This thread suffers from the atypical internet + message board= whiners
But Celtic music is Québécois music. It's not just Ireland that has a massive Celtic heritage.

I agree this is much better than Off Kilter. ;)

Retroman40

A bit of a bump here - caught the act first time yesterday. The music was decent enough but stage presence is still a bit lacking with no real energy or "vibe". I'm pretty sure my wife and I were the only people who stayed the whole performance (we posted up on the fence between the walkway and lagoon). There were always around 20-30 people who mostly stayed around 5 minutes and moved on. OK drew huge crowds because besides their music being decent Jamie Holton is an outstanding entertainer and front man who knew how to engage the crowd. We spoke with the performers afterwards and they are all nice people. They told me they are signed on until April.

Kman101

I know they want rotational acts now, which I'm OK with, but it seems like they should have just kept a band with a large fanbase. I just don't know why they want to keep going through getting new acts. They could even give the main act a few months off here and there to rotate in new acts ...

wannabeBelle

I'm not reading hate, just a lot of "meh".
I hadnt seen them live but was certainly planning to on my next visit. From reviews and videos I had seen "meh" is what I got as well, nothing bad, just nothing overwhelmingly good either. Sorry I wont catch them, but excited to see what, if anything is there when I am visiting. Marie

wannabeBelle

Not very engaging and frankly quite boring to watch in my opinion. As a Canadian, there are much better options to put in their place that could do a much better job.
My Answer?? Probably quite out of the range of Disney's pay scale on a daily basis but I would love to see Leahy:
Marie

Luxe

My Answer?? Probably quite out of the range of Disney's pay scale on a daily basis but I would love to see Leahy:
Marie

Yeah I don't know, I've been toying with the idea of bringing something more modern instead of trying to stay with traditional music. Dare I say some country music? Canada isn't necessarily known for their country music but it's incredibly popular here and would be fun to watch. Not to mention getting rid of the stage... there's no reason acts like this need to be on a stage. Keep them ground level, makes connecting with the audience much easier and provides a casual environment. It also lends itself to the feeling that you are walking through the streets and happen across some live music playing street side a la the UK pavilion.

wannabeBelle

Actually Luxe, I respectfully disagree. I think it is in the personality of the performers themselves. I have never NOT Seen Off Kilter off the stage and never had a problem connecting with the music and the entertainers themselves. The exact opposite was true for the Paul McKenna band which was in the UK pavilion right in front of the tea shop there. They were very nice to me and quite talented, but no connection what so ever. Modern would be good as well, I am not that picky, but it does have to be GOOD!!! Marie

Luxe

Actually Luxe, I respectfully disagree. I think it is in the personality of the performers themselves. I have never NOT Seen Off Kilter off the stage and never had a problem connecting with the music and the entertainers themselves. The exact opposite was true for the Paul McKenna band which was in the UK pavilion right in front of the tea shop there. They were very nice to me and quite talented, but no connection what so ever. Modern would be good as well, I am not that picky, but it does have to be GOOD!!! Marie

Yeah, I'm not saying it can't work with the stage I just don't think it's necessary if they are going to hire a traditional folk band. It worked for Off Kilter but it just feels awkward for an acoustic folk band.

Thumper 32

Time to admit they made a mistake?

I doubt it too.

Well, a new rumor on Twitter today says that Alberta Bound is the next act. Folks with good memories may recall that name from the band that used to play on Off Kilter's days off, way back when standards were so high that they had an alternate group to ensure 7 day coverage.

I even think one or two members of Alberta Bound joined Off Kilter at some point. Is this their way of back peddling to essentially the same thing as Off Kilter, without completely admitting it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom