News VIDEO - New entertainment coming to Pandora - The World of AVATAR

Biff215

I spy a butterfly. A falcon or eagle design in what appears to be a propaganda-inspired pose and there's also a crocodile/gator (he's upside down). That's about all I could see between blurs. Nothing special I s'pose.

Whoever Disney uses to blur their footage... I hope they keep using them! :p
... still think they should make the legs "move". Would really help sell the illusion.
You mean the guy touching the fake legs and continuously talking about the same scar didn’t convince you??? ;)

tribbleorlfl

Really? Which pathway?
Screenshot_20180411-072618.jpg

It's in this general area via the main entrance to the land.

Here's the best photo I can find of it online (via OrlandoParkStop.com)
IMG_5411.jpg

spock8113

What a ripoff - isn't this a "Loader" that Sigourney Weaver operated in Aliens II. Just paint it safety yellow and viola!
And where is Lucky the Dinosaur?
So are we trying to draw people over?

Bairstow

What a ripoff - isn't this a "Loader" that Sigourney Weaver operated in Aliens II. Just paint it safety yellow and viola!
Similar, but not identical, when you look at the user's leg positions. James Cameron came up with both the power loader and AMP suit designs, so at this point he's riffing on himself, but the powered exoskeleton concept has deep sci-fi roots in Japanese manga/anime, and the works of Robert Heinlein before that.

...Not to mention the various real-life developments like General Electric's "Hardiman" program from the 1960s...

VFpVoZX.jpg

Last edited:

spock8113

Similar, but not identical, when you look at the user's leg positions. James Cameron came up with both the power loader and AMP suit designs, so at this point he's riffing on himself, but the powered exoskeleton concept has deep sci-fi roots in Japanese manga/anime, and the works of Robert Heinlein before that.

...Not to mention the various real-life developments like General Electric's "Hardiman" program from the 1960s...

VFpVoZX.jpg
Holy Clara Cow! I forgot all about Hardiman!
They had him on display at the Carousel of Progress at the '64 World's Fair.
Some days, not many, I feel like this on crowded days at Disney

ThatMouse

Why would Pandora need help with conservation when humans can barely survive in Pandora - the air is toxic, and that Utility suit has no O2. Are there other humans destroying Pandora? I guess we'll find out in the next movie.

FigmentForver96

Is this starting after today? He is out right now...
He was our yesterday around 3:30 when I was exiting FOP. Actually provided some backstory to everything (not that I guess it was needed but hey). Made strong points about how it's been 70 years since the events of the movie (not how he said it obviously). The new team was working to detox the air so that humans can breathe on the planet.

He talked some more but I left

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom