VIDEO - Lights, Motors, Action! Lightning McQueen sequence

Rinx

That was really lame. The shorter Herbie sequence was actually better than that. They should just go from stunt to stunt.

thelookingglass

Ugh, just as lame as we all thought it would be. The show was already kind of slow moving and drawn out... so lets add 4 minutes of Lightning McQueen driving around slowly!! Because thats what people came to see in a car stunt show, right??

draybook

Wow, that video makes me wish they would be down for refurb during our September trip instead of after.

Looked more like Molasses McQueen there.

ptaylor

Premium Member
I think the drivable cars should have been part of a meet and greet type experience on the Streets of America, and leave them out of the stunt show. The big issue is that you se the first round of stunts with cars going at 50mph, then you see lightning drive around at 10mph. It looks very slow, and does not make any sense why it is in the middle of the stunt show. It is great that they have the drivable version, but it is just used badly in my opinion.

On a slightly different topic, I really wish they would quit with that French opening to the show. It may have been funny for the first few months when the show was fresh, but now it just comes across as stupid.

Jedi Wizard

I think the drivable cars should have been part of a meet and greet type experience on the Streets of America, and leave them out of the stunt show. The big issue is that you se the first round of stunts with cars going at 50mph, then you see lightning drive around at 10mph. It looks very slow, and does not make any sense why it is in the middle of the stunt show. It is great that they have the drivable version, but it is just used badly in my opinion.

On a slightly different topic, I really wish they would quit with that French opening to the show. It may have been funny for the first few months when the show was fresh, but now it just comes across as stupid.

And I agree with you completely. And saying that Lightning was going 10 MPH was generous. It was probably closer to 4 or 5 MPH.
I didn't think they could manage to slow down LMA any more than it already was.

Slowjack

I'm glad it wasn't just me who thought that was lackluster. The show already had pacing issues, and this is just going to make matters worse. The funniest part was when the cars talked about how fast they were ("like lightning!") while traveling at the approximate speed of an escalator.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
lmao... the reviews in this thread all rock :lol: :D Cant wait to get home and watch this (train wreck? :veryconfu :lookaroun )now. :lol: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Slugger

Went up to Studios today to check it out and I gotta say it doesn't seem to fit in with the show at all. McQueen and the enemy car were very slow. I liked the Herbie sequence much better, but I can see how McQueen can draw to more of the younger audience. I wonder how long it will stay in the show?

Skooterkid

Wow, I was really expecting something much better. You'd have never thought that Lightning Mcqueen had won so many races from this cameo, he was just so slow! There was no plot, no excitement, no humour and no fun. Plus he looks so plasticy, and his mouth doesn't move - which works for Mickey Mouse but not here. Great for the kids to be able to say they've seen Lightning Mcqueen but that's it. Majorly disappointed :(

talonstruck

This just seems like HUGE comerical for cars 2. My question is since i dont have the best audio; did they use Larry the cable guy for the voice of mater and Owen Wilson for lightning ?

thelookingglass

I can't see how this will have any positive reaction at all. Adults will see it for what it is, a juxtaposed marketing gimmick shoe-horned in to an existing show (that already had too slow of a pace for an "action packed stunt show"), and kids who want to see Lightning McQueen will be disappointed when they see him going 10 mph tops.

Just toss this into the ever-growing pile of failures from the unimaginative, penny-pinching business suits of TDO.

Txrayado

yawn!!! dang... pressed play and fell asleep... way to go disney... i would clap but even doing that sarcasticly seems a little bit to much... :brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick: headed to disney in october... guess what show i will be skipping

TP2000

Wow. That's just really... bad. :eek:

I always approach with caution trying to judge something via YouTube, but I can't see how this would be any better in person.

And we are being way too generous here with the 10 MPH estimate. By my eye, Lightning McQueen is doing about 4 or 5 MPH, with maybe a burst to 7 MPH. But it's nowhere near 10 MPH. I can't imagine even young kids would be impressed with this, or buy into it easily.

What were they thinking?!? :veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom