VIDEO - Lights, Motors, Action! Lightning McQueen sequence

celluloid

Wow. That's just really... bad. :eek:

I always approach with caution trying to judge something via YouTube, but I can't see how this would be any better in person.

And we are being way too generous here with the 10 MPH estimate. By my eye, Lightning McQueen is doing about 4 or 5 MPH, with maybe a burst to 7 MPH. But it's nowhere near 10 MPH. I can't imagine even young kids would be impressed with this, or buy into it easily.

What were they thinking?!? :veryconfu

That about sums it up.

And at that point in the show any kid of that age is already more impressed by the real car stunt skills and performances than character cars that they can't get close to and that do not do anything. Waste of money to synergize an under performing and forgettable movie that is Cars 2.

ChristianG

Yeah. I'm with you guys on this one... while it may excite some youngsters.. it's really not that good at all. I think Herbie should have stayed. At least he got some better action that Lightning McQueen... this is lame. Sorry Disney.

imagineer boy

Actually I thought Herbie was lame too. Can we just skip the shoe-horning of a Disney character in the show and just focus on the stunts and effects?

WDWFREAK53

Merchandise money aside...

in all other cases Herbie > Lightning McQueen.

(Notice the number in my screen name...needless to say, it's not 95)

I watched this video with my toddler. He loves McQueen and gasped with excitement when he first came on screen. About 2 minutes in he WALKED AWAY from the video. Zero interest.

But he did enjoy seeing pictures I had taken of the fire explosions and cars in mid-air from a previous trip.

This, sadly, is an awful addition.

Rinx

I watched this video with my toddler. He loves McQueen and gasped with excitement when he first came on screen. About 2 minutes in he WALKED AWAY from the video. Zero interest.

That's something that baffles me completely. Why did they make this sequence SO LONG!?!? The sequence is so dull that the original thrill of seeing McQueen is forgetful.

thelookingglass

Oh I didn't even realize this cause i kept turning it off, but there is literally a Cars 2 advertisement at the end of this sequence. They weren't even trying to hide what this was.

Hey folks, thanks for sitting through our 5 minute commercial!

MansionGoer13z

What a disappointment, that this whole Lightning McQueen thing turned into a 5 minute commercial for a sub-par Disney/Pixar movie. This is another reason why this show is so one and done and needs to desperately be replaced.

spacemountain89

After seeing the show a few times it gets old, but this defiantly doesn't make me want to go see it again. The show needs to be reworked or just replaced all together.

lebeau

After reading a few comments, I assumed you guys were being harsh. Nope. This is just bad. Make it faster and/or shorter. Sure, kids are going to get a thrill out of seeing Lightning McQueen. I'm all for that. But this is just boring!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom