VIDEO Disney's Celebrate America!-A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky, video and info

jrh1985

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']I looked at the show, both on here and on Laughingplace.com. What separates this show is the story. MK is trying to tell a story. It’s been that way ever since Wishes and the special versions of Wishes premiered. What was the norm for July 4th and new years was the regular Fantasy in the Sky where, way back when, Big Booms were a treat for special events. As for “A concert in the sky” Even concerts have slow songs to create variety. My Opinion on Celebrate America, ROE may have competition this year. Glad MK is showing it tomorrow night, the 3rd and the 4th. [/FONT]

HMF

ROE may have competition this year.
I never really liked that they have a special 4th of July ending to ROE but not for special days in other countries (Cinco De Mayo, Canada Day etc.) considering Epcot is about World Unity.

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
OH

MY

GOSH!

How you could you say this was just .... ummph? :veryconfu

Are you kidding me??? - it's one of the best firework shows that the MK has EVER put on (OK OK OK...New Years Eve is a supurb show too, but totally different-it doesn't tell a "story" like this one does-IMHO)! They really put it out there this year...

I ONLY WISH I could be there in person to see it. Talk about it must be loud standing on Main Street!!! Yeeesh! And all that smoke (you don't get that much smoke from just a few fireworks.)

Congrats to the fireworks dept! Well done!:sohappy:

slinkyman

Thanks for the video update. I liked the fireworks and music but at many points of the video the fireworks were hidden by smoke. (at least from the low resolution video)

Thanks again :wave:

LongtimeReader

There was almost no breeze last night, and so the prolonged Fantasyland rooftop pyro section did cause some lingering stagnant smoke. It wasn't nearly as obscuring live, though it was there. I'm sure a slight breeze would take care of it, and it's not at all a big deal in the grand scheme, especially since this show is only performed twice a year (previews excluded).

steener618

WOW!!! GREAT VIDEO!!!

Did anybody notice the Mickey shape fireworks at the very end of the video? Look closely, they appear right after the finale.

Ilovewishes

I never really liked that they have a special 4th of July ending to ROE but not for special days in other countries (Cinco De Mayo, Canada Day etc.) considering Epcot is about World Unity.

Very true! It would be nice to see something special done for each of the countries! Even if it's just a little something that only takes place at the specific pavilion. I mean, here in the UK, we have four Saint Days: -

St Patrick - Ireland
St David - Wales
St George - England
St Andrew - Scotland

Disney could be missing out a little just with those four! I mean, St George supposedly fought a dragon! I can feel a re-creation coming on involving little kiddies!

CrashNet

This evening's performance of Wishes was replaced with a preview version of 'Disney's Celebrate America!-A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky'. They ran the entire show, including the perimeter launch locations. The island launch location was not used however, but will be for the actual show on the 3rd and 4th. Spectacular! Great job to the MK pyro crew!!

Video now at http://www.wdwmagic.com/wishes_video.htm
Great video! :) Thank you for posting it Steve.

I know this is a Disney World centric site, but will you be hunting for and posting a video of Disneyland's version of this show?

DisneyYorkian74

Does Magic Kingdom or any of the other parks ever close due to capacity issues on July 3rd?

The family and I are planning on visiting Magic Kingdom tomorrow specifically just to see these new holiday fireworks, but I'm not sure if we'll bother this year if the crowds are going to be insane.

WDW Monorail

Judging from the previews, it is a spectacular show. Slower paced, longer and much better than it's predecessor.

The This is My Country segment is done very well including the movement of the HES Cyberlights outward from the castle and on to the trees on each side.
The Shenandoah section is also done very well with the red willows alternating between main and perimeter zones. Then moving on to gold palms with crackling red centers also alternating zones.

My favorite part has to be when the all of the perimeter zones are used with the barrages of red, white, and blue stars along with the in-park red, white and blue candle fans.
In addition, the Mickey breaks are cute just after the final barrages from each zone.

I also think that the soundtrack is amazing.

The video on WDWMagic is highly recommended.

CrashNet

Judging from the previews, it is a spectacular show. Slower paced, longer and much better than it's predecessor.

The This is My Country segment is done very well including the movement of the HES Cyberlight Litho CXs outward from the castle and on to the trees on each side.
The Shenandoah section is also done very well with the red willows alternating between main and perimeter zones. Then moving on to gold palms with crackling red centers also alternating zones.

My favorite part has to be when the all of the perimeter zones are used with the barrages of red, white, and blue stars along with the in-park red, white and blue candle fans.
In addition, the Mickey breaks are cute just after the final barrages from each zone.

I also think that the soundtrack is amazing.

The video on WDWMagic is highly recommended.
Wow you certainly know your stuff!! :)

donsullivan

Premium Member
Here's a link to my recording of the show from last night standing on Main Street just outside the ice cream shop. As I type this, the lo-res versions are ready and the medium and high-res versions are still uploading. They'll likely be ready in the next hour or so (up load is kind of slow this morning).

July 3rd Fireworks at Magic Kingdom

Update: All 4 resolution levels uploaded now.

CrashNet

Hi guys, a new video from today.
Viewed from the Polynesian Beach, including full 360 perimeters and lagoon island mirror. Very cool view!

Low res video at http://www.wdwmagic.com/wishes_video.htm
Hi res coming in the next day.

Enjoy! :)
Ooo, neat! I don't mean this to be critical in any way, but is the music off the visuals for anyone, or was that just the music on the parade barges being off the actual show?

Thanks for posting Steve! :sohappy:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ooo, neat! I don't mean this to be critical in any way, but is the music off the visuals for anyone, or was that just the music on the parade barges being off the actual show?

Thanks for posting Steve! :sohappy:

How far off are we talking? I just had a look at it, and all seems well from here. There is a bit of a speed of light vs speed of sound issue at the Poly beach.

WDW Monorail

How far off are we talking? I just had a look at it, and all seems well from here. There is a bit of a speed of light vs speed of sound issue at the Poly beach.

The soundtrack is just about 4.5 seconds ahead of the pyro. Not the reports from the pyro but the actual breaks. The sound was perfect for the NYE show.
For instance, at the very beginning of the show, the EWP turns on and that is when the in-park fan is supposed to go as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom