Victoria and Alberts questions

David

Original Poster
Tonight I began to think about our trip in May 2010 where we will celebrate our 25th anniversary. We enjoy a good meal, but I was worried that the choices at VA might be a little above our normal fare. In reading reviews and information from other sites, it appears that the CM's make everyone feel as comfortable as possible and do not want you to be intimidated over the choices.

One thing--my wife and I are not wine drinkers. Occasionally some champagne, but no wine experts by any means. We would not opt for the wine pairings, so I am correct in that the cost would be $125.00 pp plus tip and gratuity, correct? Are reservations difficult to come by or do you need to be on the phone 90 days before at 7:00 EST to get a table?

One last thing, I was considering the meal than hoppng over to Ft. Wilderness for a 9:30 carriage ride. If we were to have a reservation at VA for even up to 6:30, that would still be possible, wouldn't it?

PoohBear119

Tonight I began to think about our trip in May 2010 where we will celebrate our 25th anniversary. We enjoy a good meal, but I was worried that the choices at VA might be a little above our normal fare. In reading reviews and information from other sites, it appears that the CM's make everyone feel as comfortable as possible and do not want you to be intimidated over the choices.

One thing--my wife and I are not wine drinkers. Occasionally some champagne, but no wine experts by any means. We would not opt for the wine pairings, so I am correct in that the cost would be $125.00 pp plus tip and gratuity, correct? Are reservations difficult to come by or do you need to be on the phone 90 days before at 7:00 EST to get a table?

One last thing, I was considering the meal than hoppng over to Ft. Wilderness for a 9:30 carriage ride. If we were to have a reservation at VA for even up to 6:30, that would still be possible, wouldn't it?
If you do not opt for the wine pairings, then it is $125 plus gratuity and your drinks. DH and I have never had a problem getting a table at V&A. We are eating there this summer. They have their own reservation line, you press one if you're making a ressie there, so you should have no problem.

Our meals have taken anywhere from 2 to 3 hours. So it might be a little tight getting to a carriage ride by 9:30. Why not just stroll around the Grand Floridian resort?

WDFAN1977

Our meals have taken anywhere from 2 to 3 hours. So it might be a little tight getting to a carriage ride by 9:30. Why not just stroll around the Grand Floridian resort?

Agree! My wife and I ate at V&A and then did a private fireworks cruise leaving from the GF. Though that would cost you more, it was an easy transition because of the close proximity. We really enjoyed ourselves.

David

Original Poster
Agree! My wife and I ate at V&A and then did a private fireworks cruise leaving from the GF. Though that would cost you more, it was an easy transition because of the close proximity. We really enjoyed ourselves.

That's a good idea. I had not thought of the Wishes cruise but we did it last trip and really enjoyed it.

look1angel

My husband & I were there back in Dec. There were a couple items on the menu if I recall that were extra (Kobe Beef) that was $35.00 more pp if you wanted it. I must admit the Elk was far better than the Kobe & I'd never tried Elk till that evening. Overall the service & food were INCREDIBLE!!! You do need to allow for about 2 hours though. My husband & I had 2 drinks each, no wine, coffee > (that was a show in it's self) and the added Kobe beef along with whatever else was on the menu. I think our tab came close to $400.00 including tip. Getting ressies was very easy & you do need to leave a CC & have 24-48 hours to cancel before being charged I think $125.00?

gspin2k1

I got my reservations for V&As about a month and a half in advance no problem. It might have helped that I wanted an earlier dining time (since it's a long dinner), and the fact that V&As is not part of the dining plan so as awesome as V&As supposedly is ( it will be my first) not every guest to WDW will be willing to shell out $125 Per person (plus tax and tip). Which also answers your next question. $125 per person, plus tax ( i believe 7.5% and tip...which is calculated before tax so you can save a few dinaros).

Your meal is at 6:30 I am told it takes about 2.5-3 hrs to eat. So at the shortest time you would finish at 9 pm...and even then plan an extra half hour if you gotta wait for a table, and etc. Even if you paid for a taxi to get to fort wilderness...you will be cutting it real short. And for a dinner at a place like V&As I would not plan anything immediately after without a lot of cushion (it's just not right to try and rush through a $250 meal).

Anyway good luck on whatever you decide to do. I would recommend trying to set up a reservation for an earlier time.

~G

On a related note...

Would anyone care to expand on the V&A Dress Code? I'm taking my wife in November - and she seems to believe that an Evening Gown is required.... And I REALLY don't want to pack a CLASSIC "Dinner Jacket" (that would be the white coat you wore to your Prom )

I think any evening gown/cocktail dress would be fine for the lady. For yourself...as long as you're wearing a dinner jacket and slacks/khakis you should be fine. My girlfriend is gonna wear a nice dress for it, I am planning to wear a suit just cus, but im pretty sure I could have easily gotten away with a sport coat and slacks (or even khakis). I think they jsut don't want people walking in with jeans and a poloshirt (that's a little more business casual).

~G

look1angel

You could definitley "Dress to the nines" here. If your wife wants to wear a gown I say go for it...but do compliment her in a nice suit & tie. I myself wore a silver cocktail dress while my husband wore his dark pants with a sports jacket & tie. I said no to the khakis. Don't get me wrong you can wear them but I would have felt over dressed then.

tjkref418

Having been two V&A a couple of time is the past several years, I think we averaged about 2.5 hours for dinner.

I know I usually call right when the "ADR Window" allows me to, but have never had to go to extraordinary lengths to get the time/day we wanted.

Phonedave

You could definitley "Dress to the nines" here. If your wife wants to wear a gown I say go for it...but do compliment her in a nice suit & tie. I myself wore a silver cocktail dress while my husband wore his dark pants with a sports jacket & tie. I said no to the khakis. Don't get me wrong you can wear them but I would have felt over dressed then.

I agree.

For me

Tux - maybe a tad overdressed, but you could pull it off

Suit - Most assuredly

Sport coat, tie, and slacks (i.e. "Dress pants") - Just fine

Sport coat, tie, and khakis, dockers, what have you - I would feel underdressed, but you would still be OK.

No jeans, shorts, flip flops, tee shirts, etc.

As far as ties are concerned, I never really "got" the whole idea of not wearing one. They dont bother me, so maybe thats way. So throw one on. If your shirt collar fits you correctly it should not bother you anyway :)

-dave

DisneyPrincess5

On a related note...

Would anyone care to expand on the V&A Dress Code? I'm taking my wife in November - and she seems to believe that an Evening Gown is required.... And I REALLY don't want to pack a CLASSIC "Dinner Jacket" (that would be the white coat you wore to your Prom ) :)

Haha, I don't think they mean a Prom type jacket.
Here ya go from this site...I got the info from this site:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.ID=33

Gentleman are asked to wear a dinner jacket with dress pants and shoes. (Ties are optional.)
Ladies are requested to wear a cocktail dress, dressy pantsuit, skirt/blouse or nice dress. The following are not allowed: jeans, shorts, capris, flip-flops, sandals or sneakers.)
:wave:

gspin2k1

Anyone been on these carriage rides before? I'm starting to debate doing this after my own dinner plans at V&A (our reservation is at 5:45) so maybe a 9-9:30 carriage ride will allow us ample time without rushing through dinner.

Are these carriage rides pretty romantic? and I noticed there are several ones? anyone recommend one over the other?

Thx.

~G

Phonedave

ummm - I actually do. Check the images that one gets when hitting Google for "dinner jacket"
http://images.google.com/images?hl=...&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title

I DO NOT think that this is what V&A's actually REQUIRES... I believe they may want to examine their use of the term "dinner jacket" :)

Yes, a "dinner jacket" is a "tuxedo jacket" - without tails.

I dont think V&A is requiring dinner jackets, but then one would not be out of place either.

It also does not need to be a full tuxedo. You can wear a dinner jacket with a "normal" tie and slacks (I do it all the time, as I don't own a plain black sport coat, but I do have a black tux). Of course if it says black tie, then its black tie.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom